Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,683 members, 7,862,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:38 AM

Biden To Address UN General Assembly For First Time As President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden To Address UN General Assembly For First Time As President (164 Views)

UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Bid For Full Membership / UN General Assembly Rebukes US Embargo On Cuba / Donald Trump Leaves The White House For Last Time As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden To Address UN General Assembly For First Time As President by Ademola47(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2021
BIDEN TO ADDRESS UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY FOR FIRST TIME AS PRESIDENT

President Joe Biden will address the United Nations General Assembly in New York next week for first the time as U.S president.

The White House said on Monday that Biden would travel to New York on Tuesday next week to speak at the assembly’s General Debate.

Republican Donald Trump, Biden’s predecessor, was a harsh critic of the United Nations and advocated the U.S. increasingly going it alone, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

Biden, on the other hand, has relied increasingly on multilateralism and working together with other countries. The Democrat has been in office since January 20.

Leaders from more than 80 countries are expected to speak in person in New York, in contrast to 2020, when the General Assembly was largely conducted in a virtual format.

The Coronavirus pandemic, including the issue of vaccinations, and climate change are among the key topics expected to be discussed at this year’s General Assembly.

https://punchng.com/biden-to-address-un-general-assembly-for-first-time-as-president/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1631598063-1

Re: Biden To Address UN General Assembly For First Time As President by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:08am On Sep 14, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: Biden To Address UN General Assembly For First Time As President by Princeton92(m): 7:14am On Sep 14, 2021
May you have A peaceful reign that's fruitful

1 Like

Re: Biden To Address UN General Assembly For First Time As President by Ademola47(m): 8:14am On Sep 14, 2021
Princeton92:
May you have A peaceful reign that's fruitful

I think governance is a practical thing, way beyond prayer.

I'm not an atheist, but prayer do less. If prayer could change the pivot of a Nation economically, Nigeria should be the best country by now.

1 Like

Re: Biden To Address UN General Assembly For First Time As President by Princeton92(m): 8:51am On Sep 14, 2021
I entirely agree with your every word, you speak for two actually!!!

Ademola47:

I think governance is a practical thing, way beyond prayer.

I'm not an atheist, but prayer do less. If prayer could change the pivot of a Nation economically, Nigeria should be the best country by now.

(1) (Reply)

Biden Extends Moratorium On Student Loan Repayments / South Africa's National Assembly Set On Fire / Hundreds Of Ukrainians Currently Hiding In Subways to Avoid Airstrikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.