Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (22823 Views)

Poll: Who Lifts The 2011 Champions League Trophy?

Barcelona(Spain): 52% (73 votes)
Machester United(England): 47% (67 votes)
This poll has ended

Barcelona V PSG : UCL (1 - 1) On 10th April 2013 / Barcelona V Spartak Moscow (3 - 2) On 19th September 2012 / Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by HighChief4(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2011
Our father watching football in heaven, Utd be thy name. Thy double is lost. Thy will had been done in Wembley as it was in Old Traford. You forgot us on Saturday our heroic Reds, never forgave us for beating Chelsea, As we do forgave those who take points from us, you led us into the mind of Guardiola, but abadoned us on the legs of Messi. For ever and ever. Amen

Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by femi4: 1:33pm On May 29, 2011
Mama gee, you are very shallow in your thinking, Guys stop arguing football with her. The best of Mama gee can be found in romance section cos that is where she belong. Even 190 of all people do make sense when talking football here
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by cisse7575(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2011
fcb has an xcelnt traditions and phylosophy which is why we've been per4ming xcellently with a sexy sugarcaneous fotbal
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by phreakabit(m): 2:04pm On May 29, 2011
cisse7575:

fcb has an xcelnt traditions and phylosophy which is why we've been per4ming xcellently with a sexy sugarcaneous fotbal

I be wan fear now now. I think say you wan talk say Barca dey perform excellently sexually shocked shocked
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mufasa(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2011
To all United Fans cry, even the rest of us sef (Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid etc) grin grin

Who is gonna save the world from Barca 

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpdmKELE1k[/flash]
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by tyson55(m): 2:59pm On May 29, 2011
Statistic can lie, but on a chilly night in wembley it spoke the truth.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 29, 2011
I"m sure the only team Barca is uncomfortable with is Chelsea.
JM has shown the world how to play Barca.

It"s suicidal to attempt playing Barca"s game.
To beat Barca, try and score an early goal, then park the bus!

Negative football it may seem but hey, u have to improvise to beat a stubborn team.

Chelsea have knocked them out before, so has Inter.
They are humans afterall.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mufasa(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2011
BlueDiva:

Negative football it may seem but hey, u have to improvise to beat a stubborn team.

We did try Parking the Bus a couple of seasons back and they still knocked us out. The Season Ovrebo was the ref, madman Ovrebo
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by debosky(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2011
BlueDiva:

Arsenal did NOT play negative football and beat them at the Emirates - there are ways to beat Barcelona, but you can't have any passengers in the side. Utd had at least 3 guys who didn't even know what they were doing on the pitch, hence the loss.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by ddippset(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2011
no o! that is why i say UEFA the referees keep supporting barca. is it because of UNICEF? WHY? why? why? why did he give vidic a red card? why were alvez and villa diving? why did he disallow chicharito's goal. if not 4 uefa barca will not win anything. useless club!
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by ddippset(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2011
ddippset:

no o! that is why i say UEFA the referees keep supporting barca. is it because of UNICEF? WHY? why? why? why did he give vidic a red card? why were alvez and villa diving? why did he disallow chicharito's goal. if not 4 uefa barca will not win anything. useless club!
thank you my guy u are right. man u were seriously robbed last nite.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by razaqade(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2011
Barcelona is a team dat sent off van der sar, i think Ferguson will always know that there is a great(est) team with d best squad and d best manager not like chelsea
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by ndubest(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2011
All Hail the one of the greatest team of the decade FC Barcelona.
It was the Galacticos of Madrid in the late 90s and early 2000s, football made with money which Abrahomic copied to put Chelsea together.
Now it is greatest team of the late 2000s and early 2011, football built from the scratch with education and youthfulness, "tiki taka"
I hope the English FA and others will learn from it and build their local football rather than importing made stars.

Hail King Barca
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 29, 2011
English clubs are nothing to write home about.Take a look at how Barcelona humbled Manchester United by the ace Messi.English ppl tend to make loud noises about their clubs but then as it can be seen English clubs are nothing but a loud sounding nothing.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by vislabraye(m): 7:01pm On May 29, 2011
ddippset:

All the goals scored by Barca were superb. . Vidic got a red card? When ? In fact the goal Villa and Messi scored, he was blocking the goal keeper. It was your coach who did not make early sub. But the game was fair. Even the goal scored by Man U, Gigs was offside

tom28:

English clubs are nothing to write home about.Take a look at how Barcelona humbled Manchester United by the ace Messi.English ppl tend to make loud noises about their clubs but then as it can be seen English clubs are nothing but a loud sounding nothing.

I dont agree with you. English clubs are about the best. Its just that only that Barca was in good form. The game they had help from the ref was against Arsenal
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by emmatok(m): 7:22pm On May 29, 2011
ddippset:

I see you repaying and quoting you own comment. lol

What game are you talking about?

Even people using black and white TV knows better.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 7:27pm On May 29, 2011
Kgdavid:

the truth of the matter is fergie got it wrong, i always expected us to use the formation that we used but i did not expect to see carrick and giggs start together, that was the mistake i believe. the strategy last night was to apply pressure from the flanks and creativity from the middle but i believe that the pressure should have come from the middle and the creativity from the flanks as is our regular style. even an off form fletcher or anderson would have done a better job for us in terms of applying pressure centrally. carrick was really poor in terms of positionally protecting the defence plus he is so easy to dribble and a big time bottler when the going gets tough.
like i said earlier, if united had used 10 years to prepare for this game they would have still lost. Barca are simply too good that they make good teams appear like amateurs.

you better start accepting the reality. the earlier you do the better for your peace of mind.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 7:28pm On May 29, 2011
ddippset:

hahahahaha if you meant this as sarcasm.

what the heck are you on about if you were serious
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2011
femi4:

Mama gee, you are very shallow in your thinking, Guys stop arguing football with her. The best of Mama gee can be found in romance section cos that is where she belong. Even 190 of all people do make sense when talking football here
spot on. right on the mark.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by ddippset(m): 7:39pm On May 29, 2011
snowdrops:

hahahahaha if you meant this as sarcasm.

what the heck are you on about if you were serious
lol. if u know me snow drops, iam barca to the bone
vislabraye:

All the goals scored by Barca were superb. . Vidic got a red card? When ? In fact the goal Villa and Messi scored, he was blocking the goal keeper. It was your coach who did not make early sub. But the game was fair. Even the goal scored by Man U, Gigs was offside

I dont agree with you. English clubs are about the best. Its just that only that Barca was in good form. The game they had help from the ref was against Arsenal
iam only an impersonator. impersonating a typical real madrid and man u fan. and barca didnt get any help to be arsenal, it was only poetic justice served to arsenal after messi's goal was wrongly disallowed in the first leg.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 7:42pm On May 29, 2011
ddippset:

lol. if u know me snow drops, iam barca to the bone

I will drink to that cool
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by ddippset(m): 7:52pm On May 29, 2011
snowdrops:

I will drink to that cool
yeah pal, let's pop the champaigne, cheers to the best football group in history.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 7:55pm On May 29, 2011
[size=15pt]Viva Catalonia

Long live Barcelona[/size]
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by renewnaija(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2011
This was a complete annihilation.

People check the stats from Goal.com

63 – The ball was Barcelona’s for a great proportion of the match, and at their peak they were pushing 70 per cent possession. When full-time arrived, a late surge from United had seen them claw some ground back in that regard, but they were still well short of their Catalan rivals, having had to spend the majority of the evening harrying their opponents, who controlled play for 63 per cent of the time.

19 – Over the course of the evening, the Blaugrana mustered an impressive 19 shots on goal, 12 of which found the target. The English club managed only five attempts at Barcelona’s goal, and their only shot on target was Wayne Rooney’s first-half equaliser.

5 – Though he was being employed as a midfielder, Andres Iniesta racked up five strikes – as many as the entire side from Old Trafford.

12 – It was an evening to remember for Lionel Messi, who scored his 12th goal of the Champions League campaign this season, thereby equalling Ruud van Nistelrooy's record. Ironically, the Dutchman set the mark while playing for United.

0 – Corner kicks were expected to be a source of weakness that United could potentially exploit, yet the Blaugrana did not have to face this type of set play once all evening. At the other end of the field, they won five of their own.

662 – It is commonplace for Barcelona to pass their opponents into oblivion, and that was certainly the case on Saturday night as they totalled 662 passes completed from 772 attempts. Sir Alex Ferguson’s side, by comparison, managed only 301 completions from 419 tries.

124 – Xavi was Barca’s maestro in the heart of the midfield, successfully channelling the ball to a team-mate on 124 occasions. Manchester United’s best player in this regard was Rio Ferdinand with a mere 40 – a tally bettered by eight of the champions’ starters.

45 – The midfield duo of Iniesta and Sergio Busquets exchanged 45 passes during the game, more than any other two players on the field. Meanwhile, United's struggle to retain possession is emphasised by the fact that it was Ferdinand and goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar who combined most frequently on their part with 17 relays.

108,085 – Barcelona’s movement off the ball should not be underestimated. Despite controlling possession for the majority of the game, they clocked up over 108km of running, more than their opponents by 4km-plus.

3 – For all of their dominance in the other aspects of the game, the vital statistic after 90 minutes was Barcelona’s goal tally, outstripping their opponents in the crucial area 3-1.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by EfeEkarume(m): 3:03am On May 30, 2011
I never knew ferguson knows how to ride a bike. (Did you see his hands movements on his seat).
I never knew spain had mosquito issues in abundant too as Nigeria because (Why would pique cut out the net leaving only the pole behind)
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mamaorga(f): 8:24am On May 30, 2011
THE MATCH WAS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD
FOOTBALL AT ITS BEST
BARCELONA IS IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE ALL TOGETHER FROM ANOTHER PLANET

THEY ARE OFFICIALLY

THE FOOTBALL AVATARS
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 10:15am On May 30, 2011
EfeEkarume:

I never knew ferguson knows how to ride a bike. (Did you see his hands movements on his seat).
I never knew spain had mosquito issues in abundant too as Nigeria because (Why would pique cut out the net leaving only the pole behind)
your first post and you wan use laugh finish person.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mrofficial(m): 10:28am On May 30, 2011
EfeEkarume:

Me self come tire ooo. sheybe na Knight him be, Why him come dey do like bike man? The camera man bad. grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 10:34am On May 30, 2011
abi na sheet been dey catch am?
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by mrofficial(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2011
^^ Na serious shit won commot for him yansh.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by snowdrops(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2011
that man fit dey wear pampers o.

seriously, i doff my hat to him. he is a manager who likes to win and hates losing.
Re: Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 by EfeEkarume(m): 12:09pm On May 30, 2011
mr.official:

Me self come tire ooo. sheybe na Knight him be, Why him come dey do like bike man? The camera man bad. grin grin grin
The camera man ehn, it looks like its a Nigerian.
snowdrops:

your first post and you wan use laugh finish person.
Call me the JOKER!
snowdrops:

abi na sheet been dey catch am?
I think its Bullsheet. LooL! Mooooo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Luton Town Vs Chelsea FA Cup (2- 3) On 2nd March 2021 / Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign / Arsenal Vs Leeds United (4 - 1) On 1st April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.