Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba (1622 Views)

Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) / Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba / Igala Affinity: ‘IFA’ Is The Connecting Link Of Original Nigerians – Attah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2021
This is also open to all niger congo languages and anybody near so the igbos, bini, ewe, ibibio, ejagham, ekoi, nupe, igala, jukun, akan etc. Can all join in this thread

I am calling all christians and muslims to prove with undeniable facts that their religion is superior to Ifa in practice, teachings and purpose.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2021
I await challengers
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Emilokoiyawon: 1:32am On Sep 16, 2021
Ifa is the best spiritual practice for me and my family. Ifa resonates beautifully.

4 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 6:19am On Sep 16, 2021
Abohboy:
This is also open to all niger congo languages and anybody near so the igbos, bini, ewe, ibibio, ejagham, ekoi, nupe, igala, jukun, akan etc. Can all join in this thread

I am calling all christians and muslims to prove with undeniable facts that their religion is superior to Ifa in practice, teachings and purpose.
Not needed.
Ifa does not compete Ifa is cooperation
Ifa does not fight, Ifa is peace
Ifa does not hate Ifa is love.etc

Meanwhile Ifa talks about Islam in Ogbè Rahu and talks about the birth of Jesus in Ogbè Mosu. So when reality beckon on people, they will know that the God they serve is the God of Yorubas.

Cheers
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 9:21am On Sep 16, 2021
Olu317:
Not needed.
Ifa does not compete Ifa is cooperation
Ifa does not fight, Ifa is peace
Ifa does not hate Ifa is love.etc

Meanwhile Ifa talks about Islam in Ogbè Rahu and talks about the birth of Jesus in Ogbè Mosu. So when reality beckon on people, they will know that the God they serve is the God of Yorubas.

Cheers

Only reason why Ifa is able to speak about other religions is because Ifa evolves other time it is not rigid like the Bible and Quran it adapts to new teachings and information as time goes on but what reference to the birth of Jesus does Ifa give i've heard someone talk about it but the verse only talked about the birth of the son from some kind of leaf or the actual sun I can't exactly remember but it definitely didn't relate to Jesus and the only reason why I make these threads is to increase consciousness and awareness around the practices of Ifa most think it's just human sacrifice and eatinh human and animal blood then cursing other people so essentially a devilish practice but I hope to change that mindset slowly but surely

3 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Fescoblack(m): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
How much does , Ifa cost, to have you own kind. Like shefa
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 7:19am On Oct 08, 2021
Abohboy:

Only reason why Ifa is able to speak about other religions is because Ifa evolves other time it is not rigid like the Bible and Quran it adapts to new teachings and information as time goes on but what reference to the birth of Jesus does Ifa give i've heard someone talk about it but the verse only talked about the birth of the son from some kind of leaf or the actual sun I can't exactly remember but it definitely didn't relate to Jesus and the only reason why I make these threads is to increase consciousness and awareness around the practices of Ifa most think it's just human sacrifice and eatinh human and animal blood then cursing other people so essentially a devilish practice but I hope to change that mindset slowly but surely
What exactly do you know about the Yoruba's Tọra-Tura and Hebrew's Tora and not Bible ?

The name Bible came From Middle English bible, from Middle Latin - biblia ("book"wink (misinterpreted as a feminine from earlier Latin neuter plural biblia ("books"wink), from Old Greek βιβλία, plural of βιβλίον ("small book"wink, originally a diminutive of βίβλος ("book"wink, from βύβλος ("papyrus"wink (from the ancient Phoenician city of Byblos which exported this writing material).

The Old English used biblioþēce (from βιβλιοθήκη) and ġewritu (> English writs) for "the Scriptures."

Bible as a word for scripture wasnt Hebrew's but when their written account in classic form of writing such as ideograms were stolen and the elite, from kings, princes, princesses,chiefs, warriors,citizens were captured etc.

It is from this angle that many were killed while some were being taken to enemies kingdoms as slaves and some of them survived to rebel their new adopted kingdoms and got freed through their alliances with the other kingdoms who wage war against such reigning group(s)over supremacy.

The Bible is a book that contains the history of the Yorubas ,from the following
principal one God

Holy spirit,second in command

other spirit servants

God chose a leader amongst spirits to be leader

the creation angle in Eden,

One disobedient spirit being who pride himself

though Eledumare dealth with him.

human antagonists who are disease,death poverty etc

Heaven and earth recognition of birth and death

to ritual observation

Divination system Ifaodu and efaodu

to commandments

intermarriages with darkskin Africans of African descent such as Nubian, Ethiopians, Egyptians of different dynasty

Relationship of sonship between God and man

All these are information are written down but when the early knowledge were taken from the Hebrew, it turned back to memorising, until it was revamp and later lost it out in Egypt.

In present day Yoruba land of Ileife, the semitic inscriptions lay as to the pointer of it all. So, the bible is not static nor was is it , but the account the western world could lay their hands on were in some account misinterpreted while some area have account, which accurately have parallel information found in Ifaodu.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:
What exactly do you know about the Yoruba's Tọra-Tura and Hebrew's Tora and not Bible ?

The name Bible came From Middle English bible, from Middle Latin - biblia ("book"wink (misinterpreted as a feminine from earlier Latin neuter plural biblia ("books"wink), from Old Greek βιβλία, plural of βιβλίον ("small book"wink, originally a diminutive of βίβλος ("book"wink, from βύβλος ("papyrus"wink (from the ancient Phoenician city of Byblos which exported this writing material).

The Old English used biblioþēce (from βιβλιοθήκη) and ġewritu (> English writs) for "the Scriptures."

Bible as a word for scripture wasnt Hebrew's but when their written account in classic form of writing such as ideograms were stolen and the elite, from kings, princes, princesses,chiefs, warriors,citizens were captured etc.

It is from this angle that many were killed while some were being taken to enemies kingdoms as slaves and some of them survived to rebel their new adopted kingdoms and got freed through their alliances with the other kingdoms who wage war against such reigning group(s)over supremacy.

The Bible is a book that contains the history of the Yorubas ,from the following
principal one God

other spirit servants

to ritual observation

to commandments

intermarriages with darkskin Africans of African descent such as Nubian, Ethiopians, Egyptians of different dynasty

All these are information are written down but when the early knowledge were taken from the Hebrew, it turned back to memorising, until it was revamp and later lost it out in Egypt.

In present day Yoruba land of Ileife, the semitic inscriptions lay as to the pointer of it all. So, the bible is not static nor was is it , but the account the western world could lay their hands on were in some account misinterpreted while some area have account, which accurately have parallel information found in Ifaodu.

If you truly believe the Yoruba are semitic and that the Egyptians got their ideas from the Hebrew religion or that African religions descend from the hebrew bible you need help I refuse to entertain such conversations

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 11:32am On Oct 08, 2021
Abohboy:

If you truly believe the Yoruba are semitic and that the Egyptians got their ideas from the Hebrew religion or that African religions descend from the hebrew bible you need help I refuse to entertain such conversations

So I do not know anything about Africa ? Seriously you need up your studying and find fact which is not based on emotion.

Nothing I mentioned in my previous post , you have full knowledge on yet you boast as if you know much on Ifaodu or even Egyptians historical findings that has to do with dna of Pharaohs that reigned at different times. What about the different form of gods they worship even Ram?

Are you even aware of incest and siblings marriage amongst Pharaohs lineage to assert right to the throne ?

No wonder Africa as a whole with multiethnic groups remain backward, despite over 80%+ world used mineral deposits being genereated in this part of the world's continents.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by rhektor(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:

So I do not know anything about Africa ? Seriously you need up your studying and find fact which is not based on emotion.

Nothing I mentioned in my previous post , you have full knowledge on yet you boast as if you know much on Ifaodu or even Egyptians historical findings that has to do with dna of Pharaohs that reigned at different times. What about the different form of gods they worship even Ram?

Are you even aware of incest and siblings marriage amongst Pharaohs lineage to assert right to the throne ?

No wonder Africa as a whole with multiethnic groups remain backward, despite over 80%+ world used mineral deposits being genereated in this part of the world's continents.

Who conducted DNA for different Pharoahs that ruled T different times in Egypt? Please who did that in what research work/paper was it published? Who were/was the researcher(s)?

Macof TAO11 your boy has come again o

3 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:

You believe that Yoruba are semitic that is stupidity

You believe ancient Egyptians are semetic that is stupidity

There is a link between the ancient egyptian religion and culture and the religion and cultures of other African groups like Akan, Zulu, Mossi, Yoruba, Igbo etc. But there is no singular origin of any of these traditional religions to the hebrew semitic religion if anything the Hebrew religion is a massive corruption of the mesopotamian, Egyptiana and Canaanite religions to benefit themselves and take over land that was not previously theirs in the name of the one true God

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by rhektor(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:

principal one God

other spirit servants

to ritual observation

to commandments

Shut the hell up
Stop dabbling into things you have no clue about. How do you sleep at nights after writing gibberish like this up here?
Holy spirit second in command? Where did that silly idea pop up from? Are you really nut or you're just trying to be mad? What sort of nonsense is this?
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
Abohboy:

You believe that Yoruba are semitic that is stupidity

You believe ancient Egyptians are semetic that is stupidity

There is a link between the ancient egyptian religion and culture and the religion and cultures of other African groups like Akan, Zulu, Mossi, Yoruba, Igbo etc. But there is no singular origin of any of these traditional religions to the hebrew semitic religion if anything the Hebrew religion is a massive corruption of the mesopotamian, Egyptiana and Canaanite religions to benefit themselves and take over land that was not previously theirs in the name of the one true God
Tell me your belief why Yorubas are not the oldest Africans from immomerial with genetic findings?

Proof it by Showing interrelationships amongs Africans only without the Levants imput,Assyrians, Babylonians,Persians,Roman-Latin, Greek, Arabs input!

Save me with your personal view! Documented archeological findings has shown written documented ideograms such as the one shown below in screenshot in Israel, even in Mount Sinai as well as other places pointing at Hebrews footprint in Africa, such as Morroco in North Africa,Songhai and Chad Basin in
West Africa. A three thousand years ideograms
inscriptions.

It is even absord I engage your type of person who come online having zero knowledge of a historical account of ancient people and boast. Wonder shall never end.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:
Tell me your belief why Yorubas are not the oldest Africans from immomerial with genetic findings?

Proof it by Showing interrelationships amongs Africans only without the Levants imput,Assyrians, Babylonians,Persians,Roman-Latin, Greek, Arabs input!

Save me with your personal view! Documented archeological findings has shown written documented ideograms such as the one shown below in screenshot in Israel, even in Mount Sinai as well as other places pointing at Hebrews footprint in Africa, North Africa,Songhai and Chad Basin in
West Africa

It is even absord I engage your type of person who come online having zero knowledge of a historical account and boast. Wonder shall never end.

I never said that Yorubas weren't the oldest my point is that the link you're trying to force between Yoruba and Hebrew doesn't exist.

If you want inter relationships between Africans only then the west African forest region is the greatest example you can find they didn't have any major contact with any other group till the 12 century and even before then they already had their own language, religion, architecture and indigenous forms of story telling, music, weaving and even metal working the only groups that actually experienced Roman-Latin and Greek influences were those in North Africa and the Muslims didn't bring their influence south into Africa until the 9th century and when I say influence I mean actual established trade routes and actually converting whole empires.

And the Levants and Babylonians and what not they have no influence whatsoever maybe on the architecture, science and maths of the Ancient Egyptians but apart from that what did they really do to us in the African interior?

The presence of ideograms doesn't automatcally indicate the presence of a singular cultural hegemony or group and I would liek you to show me these so called historical and scholarly based evidence that proves the Hebrew had presence in Songhai and the Chad Basin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
Olu317:

Save me with your personal view! Documented archeological findings has shown written documented ideograms such as the one shown below in screenshot in Israel, even in Mount Sinai as well as other places pointing at Hebrews footprint in Africa, such as Morroco in North Africa,Songhai and Chad Basin in
West Africa. A three thousand years ideograms
inscriptions.

It is even absord I engage your type of person who come online having zero knowledge of a historical account of ancient people and boast. Wonder shall never end.

And how exactly is that rock with hebrew inscriptions that is only 3000 years old have anything to do with African ideograms, religion and culture? When the ancestors of us modern day Nigerians were already making stone tools over 250 000 years ago in the lush forests of igboland and were making pottery in the caves of Yorubaland other 13 000 years ago infact in that same cave with pottery called Iwo eleru they also found inscriptions of odu ifa and other ideograms the community is going to decipher the writings of odu ifa signs within the caves soon but the ultimate point is that our religions, cultures, languages and technologies were already there and the Hebrews didn't do anything to influence us until the Europeans came and opened up the world more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy:

And how exactly is that rock with hebrew inscriptions that is only 3000 years old have anything to do with African ideograms, religion and culture? When the ancestors of us modern day Nigerians were already making stone tools over 250 000 years ago in the lush forests of igboland and were making pottery in the caves of Yorubaland other 13 000 years ago infact in that same cave with pottery called Iwo eleru they also found inscriptions of odu ifa and other ideograms the community is going to decipher the writings of odu ifa signs within the caves soon but the ultimate point is that our religions, cultures, languages and technologies were already there and the Hebrews didn't do anything to influence us until the Europeans came and opened up the world more.
You mentioned Hebrew as non existence , is thr reason I posted the screenshot.

Secondly, Egyptian account stated categorically the existence of Hebrew written ideogram in mount Sinai. If you want to see the screenshot, then ask me to showcase again.

Thirdly,Ethiopian account testify to the Hebrew as a real existing group of people who lived also in Africa at a point in history. This can also be found in the earlier existence of Orthodox christianity founded by Saint Mark , the apostle. He founded Yeshua worship in Egypt , around First Century C.E

Fourthly, the ancient Hebrew helped Egyptians tamed Snake poison because they mastered the usage of herbs. This account is also inscribed in Egyptians Heiroghlyph, which was translated by Professors. If you need name of the professors involved .

Fifthly,the oldest tool found in Africa is in Morocco .

Sixthly, the oldest human fossil found in Africa is in Morocco.

Seventhly, the third oldest human fossil found outside Africa is in Israel.

Eithly, the oldest dna group in Africa is not Yorubas group.

Ninethly, Four groups in West Africa have different genetic linked to Neanderthal which is purely patrilineal gene. These four groups are also related.

Tenthly, Yoruba calendar chronological reading is Semitic in nature

Cheers
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2021
Olu317:
You mentioned Hebrew as non existence , is thr reason I posted the screenshot.

Secondly, Egyptian account stated categorically the existence of Hebrew written ideogram in mount Sinai. If you want to see the screenshot, then ask me to showcase again.

Thirdly,Ethiopian account testify to the Hebrew as a real existing group of people who lived also in Africa at a point in history. This can also be found in the earlier existence of Orthodox christianity founded by Saint Mark , the apostle. He founded Yeshua worship in Egypt , around First Century C.E

Fourthly, the ancient Hebrew helped Egyptians tamed Snake poison because they mastered the usage of herbs. This account is also inscribed in Egyptians Heiroghlyph, which was translated by Professors. If you need name of the professors involved .

Fifthly,the oldest tool found in Africa is in Morocco.

Sixthly, the oldest human fossil found in Africa is in Morocco.

Seventhly, the third oldest human fossil found outside Africa is in Israel.

Eithly, the oldest dna group in Africa is not Yorubas group.

Ninethly, Four groups in West Africa have different genetic linked to Neanderthal which is purely patrilineal gene. These four groups are also related.

Tenthly, Yoruba calendar chronological reading is Semitic in nature

Cheers

I never said that the Hebrews didn't exist i said the influence they had on Africa was nonexistent and there's no actual link

Why does it matter that the oldest known human fossil was found in Morocco?

Then concerning your statements on Egypt and Ethiopia notice how late into history that already is the first century CE when most peoples groups had already established their land, cultural names, religions and were slowly moving onto ages of scientific evolution how exactly did the Hebrews do anything to influence them as you claim.

And why is it even a surprise that the third oldest human fossil is found outside of Afirc was in Israel? That just shows the scientific theories of out of Africa are correct where else would they have gone to from Africa? Israel was the easiest route out so how exactly is that even a logical piece of evidence? And the funny thing is that the most likely case is that those fossils probably don't even belong to the ancestors of the Hebrew but rather to the ancestors of the Canaanites whom the Hebrew used their so called one true God and the Bible to conquer and that alone should tell you why this whole Hebrew religion, stories and so called Semitic link between them and other Africans groups is all bullshit

Okay bring the hieroglyphics of the supposed Hebrews teaching the Egyptiand about Snake poision but i'd like to remind you there was a hieroglyph found in Egypt depicting all the different groups they'd come into contact with and the Hebrews weren't there it was The Egyptians themselves, The Nubians, The Libyans and The Hitites unless you now want to claim the Hitites as Hebrews which would go against the stories in the Bible because the Hitites constantly attacked and invaded Egypt but nowhere in the Bible does it mention such.

And finally the Yoruba calendar isn't semitic in origin it is simply a lunar calendar which is followed by every other ethnic group within Africa and for most new year is either in June or July it's only the Zulu that have their new year in September as far as I know if truly the Yoruba's calnder was semitic in origin why is their new year over three months prior to the Hebrew new year?

There is no semitic link or anything between the group and you need to stop trying to force this link that doesn't exist
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy:

I never said that the Hebrews didn't exist i said the influence they had on Africa was nonexistent and there's no actual link

Why does it matter that the oldest known human fossil was found in Morocco?

Then concerning your statements on Egypt and Ethiopia notice how late into history that already is the first century CE when most peoples groups had already established their land, cultural names, religions and were slowly moving onto ages of scientific evolution how exactly did the Hebrews do anything to influence them as you claim.

And why is it even a surprise that the third oldest human fossil is found outside of Afirc was in Israel? That just shows the scientific theories of out of Africa are correct where else would they have gone to from Africa? Israel was the easiest route out so how exactly is that even a logical piece of evidence? And the funny thing is that the most likely case is that those fossils probably don't even belong to the ancestors of the Hebrew but rather to the ancestors of the Canaanites whom the Hebrew used their so called one true God and the Bible to conquer and that alone should tell you why this whole Hebrew religion, stories and so called Semitic link between them and other Africans groups is all bullshit

Okay bring the hieroglyphics of the supposed Hebrews teaching the Egyptiand about Snake poision but i'd like to remind you there was a hieroglyph found in Egypt depicting all the different groups they'd come into contact with and the Hebrews weren't there it was The Egyptians themselves, The Nubians, The Libyans and The Hitites unless you now want to claim the Hitites as Hebrews which would go against the stories in the Bible because the Hitites constantly attacked and invaded Egypt but nowhere in the Bible does it mention such.

And finally the Yoruba calendar isn't semitic in origin it is simply a lunar calendar which is followed by every other ethnic group within Africa and for most new year is either in June or July it's only the Zulu that have their new year in September as far as I know if truly the Yoruba's calnder was semitic in origin why is their new year over three months prior to the Hebrew new year?

There is no semitic link or anything between the group and you need to stop trying to force this link that doesn't exist

The concept of religion differs from place to place in the Afro-Asia world,from time immemorial.

This is the reason the Egyptians Pharaoh understanding of creation and creator differs as a God with horn as(has form) as compared to God without known face,such as the Yorubas and the Hebrew.

No one true Egyptologists doubt the inhabitation of ancient Hebrew in Africa. Infact, there are ample evidence that support this information . Citing the fact of Christianity in African shows to say a challenge concept of God which differs and absorbed the aboriginal minute concept inside a superior concept which overan the aboriginal ideology of God.

For instance,the language of Christianity in Egypt was Hebrew language identified as Coptic language, which was spoken as a foreign language by Egyptians ,so also some and earlier Hebrew settlement aswell as followers of Hebrew ancient ritual form of worship, in many places in Egypt land such Jaffa, Alexandra, Hellinopolis, Yebu, Aswan, Land of Onias etc.

The same Coptic language is a liturgy in Egypt orthodox church, Ethiopia,Sudan, NearEast as well as in Europe. Interestingly,the only speaker of Coptic protolanguage are the Yorubas.

Can you explain it how Yoruba language travelled far to Egpyt and found its footing in that kingdom pre and post Christianity ? Meanwhile it was before Islam overan outrightly that land due to laxity of the Orthodox Christians who preferred not to fight anymore and hung unto God to fight for them before they fled to deep down to Sudan and West Africa.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy,
The influence of Hebrew cum Canaanite cum Yorubas on Egypt from religious and kingly concept is overwhelming.

The reality is that the ancient Hebrew did not fancy Egyptian Hieroglyphs and worship of Ram as such which was the reason the Hebrew groups maintained their identity despite the race has a multifaceted human complexion, ranging from darkskin, lightskin, Caucasians, Albinos, Half-caste in Egypt, Morocco, Sudan,Mali,Chad Basin, Yorubaland

An excerpt
The first public revelation of the earliest continuous Semitic text ever deciphered has taken place at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

The presentation was made by Prof. Richard Steiner, professor of Semitic languages and literature at Yeshiva University in New York, in a lecture entitled "Proto-Canaanite Spells in the Pyramid Texts: a First Look at the History of Hebrew in the Third Millennium B.C.E." The lecture was sponsored by the Academy of the Hebrew Language in cooperation with the Hebrew University and the World Union of Jewish Studies.

Prof. Steiner, a past fellow of the Institute for Advanced Studies at the Hebrew University and a member of the Academy of the Hebrew Language, has deciphered a number of Semitic texts in various Egyptian scripts over the past 25 years.

In his Hebrew University lecture, he provided the interpretation for Semitic passages in Egyptian texts that were discovered more than a century ago, inscribed on the subterranean walls of the pyramid of King Unas at Saqqara in Egypt. The pyramid dates from the 24th century B.C.E., but Egyptologists agree that the texts are older. The dates proposed for them range from the 25th to the 30th centuries B.C.E. No continuous Semitic texts from this period have ever been deciphered before.

The passages, serpent spells written in hieroglyphic characters, had puzzled scholars who tried to read them as if they were ordinary Egyptian texts. In August, 2002, Prof. Steiner received an email message from Robert Ritner, professor of Egyptology at the University of Chicago, asking whether any of them could be Semitic.

"I immediately recognized the Semitic words for 'mother snake,'" said Steiner. "Later it became clear that the surrounding spells, composed in Egyptian rather than Semitic, also speak of the mother snake, and that the Egyptian and Semitic texts elucidate each other."

Although written in Egyptian characters, the texts turned out to be composed in the Semitic language spoken by the Canaanites in the third millennium B.C.E., a very archaic form of the languages later known as Phoenician and Hebrew. The Canaanite priests of the ancient city of Byblos, in present-day Lebanon, provided these texts to the kings of Egypt.

The port city of Byblos was of vital importance for the ancient Egyptians. It was from there that they imported timber for construction and resin for mummification. The new discovery shows that they also imported magical spells to protect royal mummies against poisonous snakes that were thought to understand Canaanite. Although the

Egyptians viewed their culture as far superior to that of their neighbors, their morbid fear of snakes made them open to the borrowing of Semitic magic.

"This finding should be of great interest to cultural historians," said Prof. Steiner. "Linguists, too, will be interested in these texts. They show that Proto-Canaanite, the common ancestor of Phoenician, Moabite, Ammonite and Hebrew, existed already in the third millennium B.C.E as a language distinct from Aramaic, Ugaritic and the other Semitic languages. And they provide the first direct evidence for the pronunciation of Egyptian in this early period." The texts will also be important to biblical scholars, since they shed light on several rare words in the Bible, he said.

"This is a sensational discovery," said Moshe Bar-Asher, Bialik Professor of Hebrew Language at the Hebrew University and president of the Academy of the Hebrew Language. "It is the earliest attestation of a Semitic language, in general, and Proto-Canaanite, in particular."

Story Source:
Materials provided by The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Note: Content may be edited for style and length.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Olu317:
The concept of religion differs from place to place in the Afro-Asia world,from time immemorial.

This is the reason the Egyptians Pharaoh understanding of creation and creator differs as a God with horn as(has form) as compared to God without known face,such as the Yorubas and the Hebrew.

No one true Egyptologists doubt the inhabitation of ancient Hebrew in Africa. Infact, there are ample evidence that support this information . Citing the fact of Christianity in African shows to say a challenge concept of God which differs and absorbed the aboriginal minute concept inside a superior concept which overan the aboriginal ideology of God.

For instance,the language of Christianity in Egypt was Hebrew language identified as Coptic language, which was spoken as a foreign language by Egyptians ,so also some and earlier Hebrew settlement aswell as followers of Hebrew ancient ritual form of worship, in many places in Egypt land such Jaffa, Alexandra, Hellinopolis, Yebu, Aswan, Land of Onias etc.

The same Coptic language is a liturgy in Egypt orthodox church, Ethiopia,Sudan, NearEast as well as in Europe. Interestingly,the only speaker of Coptic protolanguage are the Yorubas.

Can you explain it how Yoruba language travelled far to Egpyt and found its footing in that kingdom pre and post Christianity ? Meanwhile it was before Islam overan outrightly that land due to laxity of the Orthodox Christians who preferred not to fight anymore and hung unto God to fight for them before they fled to deep down to Sudan and West Africa.

You're waffling there's no Hebrew influence in Sub Saharan Africa and there's nothing special about their religion or culture it is simply an amalgamation of dozens of different religions from that region that they used to take land from the Canaanites and somehow also got the Roman empire to adopt
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy:

You're waffling there's no Hebrew influence in Sub Saharan Africa and there's nothing special about their religion or culture it is simply an amalgamation of dozens of different religions from that region that they used to take land from the Canaanites and somehow also got the Roman empire to adopt
Lmaoo. Post your own information to support rather just posting self opinion grin cheesy

I have posted professors infact renowned professor who are specialist in hieroglyphs interpretation and you are still emotional attach to sentiment .

Anyway, enjoy your self .

Bye
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
Olu317:
Lmaoo. Post your own information to support rather just posting self opinion grin cheesy

I have posted professors infact renowned professor who are specialist in hieroglyphs interpretation and you are still emotional attach to sentiment .

Anyway, enjoy your self .

Bye

You haven't posted a single source or link from any so called renowned professor talk less of an egyptologist and what does that have to do with Yoruba and Hebrews? You claimed Yoruba calendar was Semitic and I showed it wasn't you still haven't followed up with a counter point and you still haven't explained why there are so many stories in the Bible from the Egyptian, Canaanites, Babylonians and even Assyrian religions which just shows there isn't really a one true God but rather a false God made up of thousands of different stories from different religions used to put the Hebrew people in a better position within society

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
Abohboy:

I never said that Yorubas weren't the oldest my point is that the link you're trying to force between Yoruba and Hebrew doesn't exist.

If you want inter relationships between Africans only then the west African forest region is the greatest example you can find they didn't have any major contact with any other group till the 12 century and even before then they already had their own language, religion, architecture and indigenous forms of story telling, music, weaving and even metal working the only groups that actually experienced Roman-Latin and Greek influences were those in North Africa and the Muslims didn't bring their influence south into Africa until the 9th century and when I say influence I mean actual established trade routes and actually converting whole empires.

And the Levants and Babylonians and what not they have no influence whatsoever maybe on the architecture, science and maths of the Ancient Egyptians but apart from that what did they really do to us in the African interior?

The presence of ideograms doesn't automatcally indicate the presence of a singular cultural hegemony or group and I would liek you to show me these so called historical and scholarly based evidence that proves the Hebrew had presence in Songhai and the Chad Basin
Lol. You try grin grin grin. I can imagine your mindset with such saying that "presence of ideograms doesnt automatically indicate presense. "

Indeed,you are far better scholar than Professor Richard stein grin grin.

Infact you are more better than Professors who authored , Ancient Kingdoms of West Africa: Africa-Centred and Canaanite-Israelite Perspectives. By Dierk Lange. Verlag J.H. Röll, Dettelbach, 2004, 586 pp., ISBN 3-89754-115-7.

Cheers cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2021
Olu317:
Lol. You try grin grin grin. I can imagine your mindset with such saying that "presence of ideograms doesnt automatically indicate presense. "

Indeed,you are far better scholar than Professor Richard stein grin grin.

Infact you are more better than Professors who authored , Ancient Kingdoms of West Africa: Africa-Centred and Canaanite-Israelite Perspectives. By Dierk Lange. Verlag J.H. Röll, Dettelbach, 2004, 586 pp., ISBN 3-89754-115-7.

Cheers cheesy grin cheesy

Writing a book and putting the word professor before your name doesn't make you right or even smart and my point was that the presence of ideograms doesn't indicate the presence of Hebrews in the land
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2021
Olu317:
Abohboy,
The influence of Hebrew cum Canaanite cum Yorubas on Egypt from religious and kingly concept is overwhelming.

The reality is that the ancient Hebrew did not fancy Egyptian Hieroglyphs and worship of Ram as such which was the reason the Hebrew groups maintained their identity despite the race has a multifaceted human complexion, ranging from darkskin, lightskin, Caucasians, Albinos, Half-caste in Egypt, Morocco, Sudan,Mali,Chad Basin, Yorubaland

An excerpt
The first public revelation of the earliest continuous Semitic text ever deciphered has taken place at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

The presentation was made by Prof. Richard Steiner, professor of Semitic languages and literature at Yeshiva University in New York, in a lecture entitled "Proto-Canaanite Spells in the Pyramid Texts: a First Look at the History of Hebrew in the Third Millennium B.C.E." The lecture was sponsored by the Academy of the Hebrew Language in cooperation with the Hebrew University and the World Union of Jewish Studies.

Prof. Steiner, a past fellow of the Institute for Advanced Studies at the Hebrew University and a member of the Academy of the Hebrew Language, has deciphered a number of Semitic texts in various Egyptian scripts over the past 25 years.

In his Hebrew University lecture, he provided the interpretation for Semitic passages in Egyptian texts that were discovered more than a century ago, inscribed on the subterranean walls of the pyramid of King Unas at Saqqara in Egypt. The pyramid dates from the 24th century B.C.E., but Egyptologists agree that the texts are older. The dates proposed for them range from the 25th to the 30th centuries B.C.E. No continuous Semitic texts from this period have ever been deciphered before.

The passages, serpent spells written in hieroglyphic characters, had puzzled scholars who tried to read them as if they were ordinary Egyptian texts. In August, 2002, Prof. Steiner received an email message from Robert Ritner, professor of Egyptology at the University of Chicago, asking whether any of them could be Semitic.

"I immediately recognized the Semitic words for 'mother snake,'" said Steiner. "Later it became clear that the surrounding spells, composed in Egyptian rather than Semitic, also speak of the mother snake, and that the Egyptian and Semitic texts elucidate each other."

Although written in Egyptian characters, the texts turned out to be composed in the Semitic language spoken by the Canaanites in the third millennium B.C.E., a very archaic form of the languages later known as Phoenician and Hebrew. The Canaanite priests of the ancient city of Byblos, in present-day Lebanon, provided these texts to the kings of Egypt.

The port city of Byblos was of vital importance for the ancient Egyptians. It was from there that they imported timber for construction and resin for mummification. The new discovery shows that they also imported magical spells to protect royal mummies against poisonous snakes that were thought to understand Canaanite. Although the

Egyptians viewed their culture as far superior to that of their neighbors, their morbid fear of snakes made them open to the borrowing of Semitic magic.

"This finding should be of great interest to cultural historians," said Prof. Steiner. "Linguists, too, will be interested in these texts. They show that Proto-Canaanite, the common ancestor of Phoenician, Moabite, Ammonite and Hebrew, existed already in the third millennium B.C.E as a language distinct from Aramaic, Ugaritic and the other Semitic languages. And they provide the first direct evidence for the pronunciation of Egyptian in this early period." The texts will also be important to biblical scholars, since they shed light on several rare words in the Bible, he said.

"This is a sensational discovery," said Moshe Bar-Asher, Bialik Professor of Hebrew Language at the Hebrew University and president of the Academy of the Hebrew Language. "It is the earliest attestation of a Semitic language, in general, and Proto-Canaanite, in particular."

Story Source:
Materials provided by The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Note: Content may be edited for style and length.

You really thought you could sneak in the first paragarph into the overall story didn't you. All this attests to is that the Hebrew had trade relations with the Egyptians nowhere does this prove that the Egyptians were Hebrew or that the Yoruba were Hebrews this post alone has destroyed your whole argument

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Abohboy:

You really thought you could sneak in the first paragarph into the overall story didn't you. All this attests to is that the Hebrew had trade relations with the Egyptians nowhere does this prove that the Egyptians were Hebrew or that the Yoruba were Hebrews this post alone has destroyed your whole argument
Why are you this way? Point out anywhere I claimed Hebrews were Egyptians! angry angry

Rather, I stated that Hebrew influenced Egyptians and the whole of Africa with their orientation of a monotheistic God. While pointing to this, I mentioned hieoroglyphs that attested to this in Egypt .

I stated further, that Hebrews married Africans in all ramification by pointing to Nubian-Cush,Ethiopians etc to affirm this which are found in myth of these ethnic groups.

Beside, the Hebrew-canaanite were affirmed to do annual yam festival as the Yorubas. Meawhile there are account that stated Hebrews were attacked, wage war against in the land of Ra Knub in Egypt byEgyptians because of difference in ideology attach to Ram. The Egyptians worship ram while the ancient Hebrew use ram,bull sheep, etc for sacrifice

The ancient Hebrew before disappearance of the speakers of the language whom were traced to West Africa, spoke Coptic language which coincindentally is Yorubas protolanguage. Interestingly, the Egyptians language was called Demotic language, which is not the same as Coptic language.

Infact, Demotic (from Ancient Greek: δημοτικός dēmotikós, 'popular') is the ancient Egyptian script derived from northern forms of hieratic used in the Nile Delta, and the stage of the Egyptian language written in this script, following Late Egyptian and preceding Coptic.

Principally, the overall influence of Hebrew in Egypt cannever be underated because they were kings, priests, mercenaries, herbologists, religionists, wealthy ones etc. So no one sneak in anything , instead, you propagate emotions, rather than facts.

The only country not colonised in Africa is Ethiopia and this country recognised the Hebrew identity in Africa and from where they migrated from in Near East land.

This is my point.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
Olu317:
Why are you this way? Point out anywhere I claimed Hebrews were Egyptians! angry angry

Rather, I stated that Hebrew influenced Egyptians and the whole of Africa with their orientation of a monotheistic God. While pointing to this, I mentioned hieoroglyphs that attested to this in Egypt .

I stated further, that Hebrews married Africans in all ramification by pointing to Nubian-Cush,Ethiopians etc to affirm this which are found in myth of these ethnic groups.

Beside, the Hebrew-canaanite were affirmed to do annual yam festival as the Yorubas. Meawhile there are account that stated Hebrews were attacked, wage war against in the land of Ra Knub in Egypt byEgyptians because of difference in ideology attach to Ram. The Egyptians worship ram while the ancient Hebrew use ram,bull sheep, etc for sacrifice

The ancient Hebrew before disappearance of the speakers of the language whom were traced to West Africa, spoke Coptic language which coincindentally is Yorubas protolanguage. Interestingly, the Egyptians language was called Demotic language, which is not the same as Coptic language.

Infact, Demotic (from Ancient Greek: δημοτικός dēmotikós, 'popular') is the ancient Egyptian script derived from northern forms of hieratic used in the Nile Delta, and the stage of the Egyptian language written in this script, following Late Egyptian and preceding Coptic.

Principally, the overall influence of Hebrew in Egypt cannever be underated because they were kings, priests, mercenaries, herbologists, religionists, wealthy ones etc. So no one sneak in anything , instead, you propagate emotions, rather than facts.

The only country not colonised in Africa is Ethiopia and this country recognised the Hebrew identity in Africa and from where they migrated from in Near East land.

This is my point.

Everything you just said is Bullshit
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
Abohboy:

Everything you just said is Bullshit
Drink to allow your brain to Grow and learn, young man.

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
Olu317:
Drink to allow your brain to Grow and learn, young man.

You really said the Yoruba language is coptic in origin and you expect anyone to take you seriously? You're the one who needs to drink infact at this rate of stupidity drinking water cannot save you only brain surgery can save you better start saving up

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 5:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

You really said the Yoruba language is coptic in origin and you expect anyone to take you seriously? You're the one who needs to drink infact at this rate of stupidity drinking water cannot save you only brain surgery can save you better start saving up
Read to comprehend more on Yoruba ancestors place in human history. This is the base of knowledge

It is embarrassing seeing people argue without proof because of sentiment,which is absurd . Seriously, no one can be more Yoruba than I'm ,rather we will be at the same level on promoting Yoruba greatness and achievement.

You see, Conton argued
that the Yoruba of Nigeria are believed by many modern historians to be descended from a people who were living in one banks of the Nile 2,000 years ago, who had a close contact with the Egyptians and the Jews even before 600BC.

This is the reason According to Ferdinand de Saussure, the surest
to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence. In his book titled (The General History of Africa) (1972),
the author claimed that one of the largest inhabitants of Egypt were Yoruboid (Yoruba), thus, more than 500 vocabularies can be
deduced in the ancient Egyptian language devoid of the mixture of Greco-Roman and Arab words.

The linguistic comparison is mainly which is sourced from the works of many African historians i.e Cheik Anta Diop, Maulana Ndabezitha Karenga, R.O Faulkner and especially Théophile Obenga.

Note:

Study Beside, I am an ideograms interpreters of classic Hebrew which is called Isolate language. This is not about funfare. Below is a screenshot of ancient Hebrew word M which means water, "mem" called om/mi that is 100% cognate with Yorubas aswell as with coptic. So, if some people are falsifying , count my research work out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Wrong Is It To Give Or Receive Something With Your Left Hand? / African Traditional Baby Carriers / 5 Signs You Are Mentally Enslaved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.