Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Grieving The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grieving The Holy Spirit (150 Views)

A Video Game that reminds me about "Not Grieving The Holy Spirit" / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grieving The Holy Spirit by topshore(f): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
Scripture Text: Ephesians 4: 29-32; Judges 16:1-6

To grieve the Holy Spirit simply means doing something that will make Him sad. God takes the form of the Spirit being who has feelings and emotions like us to dwell with us and teach us all things after Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven.

There are things that we do which can sadden the Holy Spirit and they include:

1. Using foul and abusive language: such as rotten, obscene, profane, dirty, and vulgar languages, whether you are joking or being serious while using them.
2. Bitterness: This is when you have a resentful spirit and embittered towards almost everyone you come across. When people around you don't see you smile but your life is full of conflict, anger, arguing, fighting, unforgivenness and unreconciliable spirits, you are grieving the Holy Spirit.
3. Uncontrollable anger: Throwing fits of rage, being easily angered, shouting or screaming when angry, destroying valuable things when angry, slander or malicious behaviour, plotting evil or conspiracy for revenge and so on are part of what one can do to grieve the Spirit of God.
4. Disobedience to the Word of God and His instructions, committing immoral acts with your body, choosing your will over God's Will and all forms of appearances of evil will grieve the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is our divine Light and spiritual compass that leads us to do the right thing at the right time. But when you constantly grieves him without repentance, he departs from you.
Samson and king Saul, king Solomon are typical Biblical examples whom the Spirit left because of their sins.It is therefore important to know that when the Spirit leaves you, demons in their millions will take over your soul.

Are you guilty of grieving the Spirit of God? There is room for repentance. Go on your knees and ask for mercy. Tell God to forgive you and not take His Spirit from you. David recognised the danger of the Spirit of God departing from someone in the life of Saul and that was why he prayed for forgiveness after he committed adultery with Bathsheba and murdered her husband, Uriah(Psalm 51). You too can be forgiven if you are ready for genuine repentance.

If you would like to give your life to Christ say this, please:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You today, forgive me all my sins, come into my life, take absolute control, and change my world, in Your name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grieving The Holy Spirit by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will U Do? / Dream About Swimming In The River / Stop Rationalizing EVIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.