Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death (736 Views)

Leke Adeboye Reacts To The Death Of His Brother, Dare / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Coza’s Rape Saga / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Several years ago, I visited South Korea because I heard of a man who had the largest Church in the world, he had a congregation of half a million people, by the time I visited him, he had an auditorium that could take approximately fifty thousand people, he was having seven services on Sundays. I heard him say in the service that we attended telling the members who came one Sunday to please not come back next Sunday so that those who couldn't come last Sunday can come next Sunday.

I said God, so you can do this?
Some years ago, I returned to South Korea, I had a meeting with the same man. The first time I was there, people like me could not come near the office but this time around, I went to his office at his invitation, when we met he said I have heard of you, will you please pray for me?

Till we meet again on the resurrection morning, Rest in God’s presence Pastor Dr. David Yonggi
Cho.

https://www.facebook.com/87046278487/posts/10160216867543488/

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by SultanYoung: 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
But it takes you forever to visit TB Joshua.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
SultanYoung:

TB no be him paddy, he no dey their rank! cheesy
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Bodexman(m): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
This year is a great year indeed!
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by compton11(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
Two scammers gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
compton11:
Two scammers gringrin

What have you been scammed of sir?
Dominique, Lalasticlala
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by compton11(m): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2021
Omooba77:

What have you been scammed of sir?
Dominique, Lalasticlala
what have u been scammed of?
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by olayiwola4u(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
SultanYoung:

Do not judge...for in the same measure you do shall you be judged. I didn't say it, The Word of God said so.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by olayiwola4u(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

TB no be him paddy, he no dey their rank! cheesy

You don't understand what happened brother. While Prophet Tb Joshua was alive, he made some utterances that were not biblical, and he stood by them even when he was corrected. So, the body of pastors decided to put him out of the Pentecostal realm just as Pentecostal put out the Catholics for praying to Holy Mary and for making stature of her, which they pay homage to in respect to worshipping God... against the 10 commandments.

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
The first thing that disqualifies anyone in the Christian faith is "RELIGIOUS TITLES" {Matthew 23:8-10} once you're bearing a title acknowledged by the general public then you're no longer a true disciple of Christ.
So all of them are false! Matthew 24:11

olayiwola4u:

You don't understand what happened brother. While Prophet Tb Joshua was alive, he made some utterances that were not biblical, and he stood by them even when he was corrected. So, the body of pastors decided to put him out of the Pentecostal realm just as Pentecostal put out the Catholics for praying to Holy Mary and for making stature of her, which they pay homage to in respect to worshipping God... against the 10 commandments.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by achorladey: 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The first thing that disqualifies anyone in the Christian faith is "RELIGIOUS TITLES" {Matthew 23:8-10} once you're bearing a title acknowledged by the general public then you're no longer a true disciple of Christ.

The first thing that disqualifies anyone in the Christian faith is "RELIGIOUS TITLES" {Matthew 23:8-10}........Max

Pick scriptures to suit his agenda later he will run back to better performing group. Should we ask him where it is written words for words that titles disqualify that person as Christians. We will get no response.

once you're bearing a title acknowledged by the general public then you're no longer a true disciple of Christ.

once you're bearing a title acknowledged by the general public then you're no longer a true disciple of Christ.
So all of them are false
! Matthew 24:11... Max

Do your own religious leaders have titles? Answer and use your criteria to label your religious leaders FALSE CHRISTIANS.

Why do they seek clergy penitent privilege when they don't have titles equivalent to that of clergy men in other denominations?
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26am On Sep 17, 2021
achorladey:

The first thing that disqualifies anyone in the Christian faith is "RELIGIOUS TITLES" {Matthew 23:8-10}........Max
Pick scriptures to suit his agenda later he will run back to better performing group. Should we ask him where it is written words for words that titles disqualify that person as Christians. We will get no response. once you're bearing a title acknowledged by the general public then you're no longer a true disciple of Christ.
So all of them are false
! Matthew 24:11... Max
Do your own religious leaders have titles? Answer and use your criteria to label your religious leaders FALSE CHRISTIANS.
Why do they seek clergy penitent privilege when they don't have titles equivalent to that of clergy men in other denominations?

This will be my first and last response to you on this thread because i'm doing this for the man who addressed me as BROTHER! smiley

The ANSWER to the highlighted is "NO!"
Just like their leader (Jesus) whom everyone knew as "TEACHER" those leading in true Christianity are not recognized by the general public. They are addressed like any other person in their community. It's only within them that Jesus taught them to recognize who is serving as:
CHRIST ~
When he had come into the region of Caes·a·reʹa Phi·lipʹpi, Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did. Also, I say to you: You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave will not overpower it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will already be bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loosen on earth will already be loosened in the heavens.” Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ! Matthew 16:13-2

So Jesus taught us not to go about with religious titles {Matthew 23:1-12} this made it difficult for the Pharisees in the first century to IDENTIFY those leading the Organization back in the first century after they've done away with the founder of the group whom everyone knew through his effective teaching throughout their community. For your information Jesus was difficult for anyone to identify because he wasn't going about with religious titles so only his closest confidants can recognize him {Matthew 26:48} according to Jesus himself he only wanted us to bear witness to him through our effective teaching just like himself {Act 1:8} so that everyone throughout the world may testify that our teacher is the Son of God. But Satan and his demons wanted to complicate issues that's why they're shouting up and down {Luke 4:34-35 compare to Act 16:17-18} they were preparing to initiate different sects all in the name of Jesus so that there will be contradictions everywhere in the name of Jesus and the result will be people won't find it easy to identify Jesus' group!
But Jesus said by their FRUITS you will distinguish {Matthew 7:16-18} between those who truly practice what he taught and those disguising as Christians! 2Corinthians 11:14-15 smiley
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by achorladey: 11:02am On Sep 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This will be my first and last response to you on this thread because i'm doing this for the man who addressed me as BROTHER! smiley

The ANSWER to the highlighted is "NO!"
Just like their leader (Jesus) whom everyone knew as "TEACHER" those leading in true Christianity are not recognized by the general public. They are addressed like any other person in their community. It's only within them that Jesus taught them to recognize who is serving as:
CHRIST ~
When he had come into the region of Caes·a·reʹa Phi·lipʹpi, Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did. Also, I say to you: You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave will not overpower it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will already be bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loosen on earth will already be loosened in the heavens.” Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ! Matthew 16:13-2

So Jesus taught us not to go about with religious titles {Matthew 23:1-12} this made it difficult for the Pharisees in the first century to IDENTIFY those leading the Organization back in the first century after they've done away with the founder of the group whom everyone knew through his effective teaching throughout their community. For your information Jesus was difficult for anyone to identify because he wasn't going about with religious titles so only his closest confidants can recognize him {Matthew 26:48} according to Jesus himself he only wanted us to bear witness to him through our effective teaching just like himself {Act 1:8} so that everyone throughout the world may testify that our teacher is the Son of God. But Satan and his demons wanted to complicate issues that's why they're shouting up and down {Luke 4:34-35 compare to Act 16:17-18} they were preparing to initiate different sects all in the name of Jesus so that there will be contradictions everywhere in the name of Jesus and the result will be people won't find it easy to identify Jesus' group!
But Jesus said by their FRUITS you will distinguish {Matthew 7:16-18} between those who truly practice what he taught and those disguising as Christians! 2Corinthians 11:14-15 smiley

Do your own religious leaders have titles?...... Achorladey

The ANSWER to the highlighted is "NO!"...... MaxInDHouse

Just like their leader (Jesus) whom everyone knew as "TEACHER" those leading in true Christianity are not recognized by the general public. They are addressed like any other person in their community. It's only within them that Jesus taught them to recognize who is serving as:[/b]...... MaxInDHouse

Do your own religious leaders have titles?...... Achorladey

It's only within them that Jesus taught them to recognize who is serving as.... MaxInDHouse

Save me the long explanation which is of no use.

Now it's only within them that Jesus taught you and your likes to call fellow members SERVING as captured in the following titles......

1.GOVERNING BODY

2. HELPER TO THE GOVERNING BODY

3. MINISTERIAL SERVANT

4. ELDERS

5. CIRCUIT OVERSEERS

6. DISTRICT OVERSEERS

e. t. c.

Had you reason well enough, you will have seen that your meetings are opened to the public and those too get to know and hear Titles attached to their names when called to speak.

This will be my first and last response to you on this thread.... MaxInDHouse

cheesy cheesy whatever you decide you have shown that this applies to you and the organization you belong The first thing that disqualifies anyone in the Christian faith is "RELIGIOUS TITLES.

I don't need to start defining CLERGY before you get to understand it.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2021
Who amongst JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES is known or addressed by the general public as
"GB Peterson"
"Helper to the GB Gideon"
"Ministerial Servant Andrew"
"Elder Jackson"
"Circuit Overseer Daniel"
"District Overseer Paul"

Or Daddy GB ? cheesy

Even amongst JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES it's until a brother who knows in what office a member is serving that will tell his fellow JW, in most cases those serving in our midst are not known until they're doing the work God's Holy Spirit assigned them to do! Ephesians 4:11

Well you will know the truth and the truth will set you free that is if you allow the truth to set you free! smiley
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2021
SultanYoung:

Did you see the letter wrote to T.B Joshua's family. John the Baptist and Jesus were on different pages, but same purpose.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 11:46am On Sep 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
"GB Peterson"
"Elder Jackson"
"District Overseer Paul"

Or Daddy GB ? cheesy

Even amongst JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES it's until a brother who knows in what office a member is serving that will tell his fellow JW, in most cases those serving in our midst are not known until they're doing the work God's Holy Spirit assigned them to do! Ephesians 4:11

Well you will know the truth and the truth will set you free that is if you allow the truth to set you free! smiley

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 11:49am On Sep 17, 2021
compton11:
what have u been scammed of?

Answer the question sir!
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
Omooba77:

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

The highlighted in red is not part of God's word, it was added by overzealous trinitarians, you can Google "Johannine Comma" or check the Encyclopedia for verification.
Most Bible translators later discovered and excluded it from their version!

And your post had no bearing on what you quoted! smiley
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted in red is not part of God's word, it was added by overzealous trinitarians, you can Google "Johannine Comma" or check the Encyclopedia for verification.
Most Bible translators later discovered and excluded it from their version!

And your post had no bearing on what you quoted! smiley

It is in my King James version sir!
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
I know because i once thought everything in the KJV was correct until i began studying the Bible for real.
There are many verses added to the Bible by religionists to support their dogmas, for instance:
Matthew 17:21
Mark 9:44, 46
John 8:1-11
1John 5:7
If you want to intensify in your effort to find the truth {1Thessalonians 5:21} you've got the grace to do so now, but if you feel there's no need for further scrutiny then you can hold on to what you know presently.
The only difference between those who are in the truth and those following man-made doctrines is the "WORKS" because while those who are in the truth will be able to do fine works those following man-made doctrines will have nothing to show for their faith! James 2:18-26
May you have PEACE! smiley

Omooba77:

It is in my King James version sir!
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by compton11(m): 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
Omooba77:

Answer the question sir!
using God to make fortune

That ain't right
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I know because i once thought everything in the KJV was correct until i began studying the Bible for real.
There are many verses added to the Bible by religionists to support their dogmas, for instance:
Matthew 17:21
Mark 9:44, 46
John 8:1-11
1John 5:7
If you want to intensify in your effort to find the truth {1Thessalonians 5:21} you've got the grace to do so now, but if you feel there's no need for further scrutiny then you can hold on to what you know presently.
The only difference between those who are in the truth and those following man-made doctrines is the "WORKS" because while those who are in the truth will be able to do fine works those following man-made doctrines will have nothing to show for their faith! James 2:18-26
May you have PEACE! smiley

I have read seven books of Moses too sir. By Grace are we saved through Faith. I know why I quoted 1 John 5:7, I know is not in your Bible and some other verses as you quoted. Jesus loves you and may we reign with him in His Kingdom in Heaven Above.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
compton11:
using God to make fortune

That ain't right

How much of your fortune have you been defrauded sir?
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Omooba77:

I have read seven books of Moses too sir. By Grace are we saved through Faith. I know why I quoted 1 John 5:7, I know is not in your Bible and some other verses as you quoted.
I only hint you on the secret that you don't know, the Bible wasn't written in English so it's translators that added those verses but when people later discovered they returned God's word to the way it was written. You can check other versions like:
JERUSALEM Bible
AMERICAN Standard Version
Revised Standard Version

And many others! 1Thessalonians 5:21

Jesus loves you and may we reign with him in His Kingdom in Heaven Above.

Of course Jesus loves you but do you really love and appreciate the TRUTH? John 14:6 smiley
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by compton11(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
Omooba77:

How much of your fortune have you been defrauded sir?
why asking?
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by achorladey: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
"GB Peterson"
"Elder Jackson"
"District Overseer Paul"

Or Daddy GB ? cheesy

Who amongst JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES is known or addressed by the general public as...... MaxInDHouse

Known or not known is not the issue the issue at play here as captured in what you said below.......

The first thing that disqualifies anyone in the Christian faith is "RELIGIOUS TITLES...... MaxInDHouse

I asked....... Do your own religious leaders have titles?

You responded by saying NO and added

" They are addressed like any other person in their community. It's only within them that Jesus taught them to recognize who is serving as"..... MaxInDHouse

Serve as those titles I listed earlier. You only need to deny or say they are not titles. But saying who knows

GB Peterson as a GB does not remove the fact that Peterson is a GB member. The GB is a title given to Peterson.

But saying who knows Elder Plathyhelminthis is Elder does not remove the fact that Plathyhelminthis is an Elder. The Elder been a title given to Plathyhelminthis by the powers that be cheesy cheesy

No one calls himself GB or Elders or whatever all by himself someone somewhere gave them the TITLES. Shikena.

When you yourself became a Ministerial servant grin, you informed us of your new position and title.

No be everytime and every meeting every publisher dey sit where ministerial servants dey sit. grin grin Wetin cause am? Na your title and position cause am. shocked shocked

Then this.......

Well you will know the truth and the truth will set you free that is if you allow the truth to set you free...... MaxInDHouse

John 14:6 and Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be truly free.

Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I only hint you on the secret that you don't know, the Bible wasn't written in English so it's translators that added those verses but when people later discovered they returned God's word to the way it was written. You can check other versions like:
JERUSALEM Bible
AMERICAN Standard Version
Revised Standard Version

And many others! 1Thessalonians 5:21

Of course Jesus loves you but do you really love and appreciate the TRUTH? John 14:6 smiley

I have been an atheist, so have read many books seeking for knowledge, until I met Jesus. John 21:25. God bless you sir.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2021
Omooba77:

I have been an atheist, so have read many books seeking for knowledge, until I met Jesus. John 21:25. God bless you sir.
Well that's exactly what billions are saying today yet they are contradicting themselves all in the name of the same Jesus whereas Jesus fervently prayed for his own followers to have the same line of thought despite distance or different in their geographical locations! John 17:20-23 compare to Romans 15:5-6; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3

So i wish you the best with your own Jesus! smiley
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death by Omooba77: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well that's exactly what billions are saying today yet they are contradicting themselves all in the name of the same Jesus whereas Jesus fervently prayed for his own followers to have the same line of thought despite distance or different in their geographical locations! John 17:20-23 compare to Romans 15:5-6; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3

So i wish you the best with your own Jesus! smiley

And you too sir, Rev 20:11-15!

(1) (Reply)

Day 6 || Great Possibilities || GCK / The Gift Of Tongues: Does Anyone Have It? / Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.