Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Remembering a wonderful family dog. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Remembering a wonderful family dog. (505 Views)

Python Tried To Eat Family Dog And Mistakenly Swallows It's Blanket Instead / Six-year-old Boy Nearly Mauled To Death By Family Dog (graphic) / Family Dog BITES Of Pedophiles PENIS As He Tried To Rape The Sleeping Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering a wonderful family dog. by Bluebolt: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
We had a dog sometimes in 1992 to 1996.
Up till now every member of our family including our neighbours then, could remember one or two things about the dog. The dog was so smart, that almost all the wonders that the dogs of nowadays perform are not new to me. "Coffee" was super smart, if it heard any one of us singing for more than 15 seconds, it would joing you by howling then making you sing off-key.
It could understand many commands even as we did not dedicate any time to train it.
We were into full-time agriculture then, so it used to follow us to our farms.
It would kill some animals like grass cutters and giant rats for us. without human assistance it killed many snakes, cobra most of the times. When it was younger, it used to pay for every cobra it killed by having closed swollen eyes the following day but after a while it was executing them perfectly without consequences.
The dog was also very protective too, you can't stroll into our compound anyhow.
Coffee was infected by vulvovaginitis, it suffered a lot of pain and it was always hidding itself away from us, it lost appetite after we tried all we could to heal it, my dad asked my elder brothers to take it to the old hunter that gave it to us, to help us euthanize it.
After it demise, a scoundrel claimed that he was the one that used jazz on the dog, because it attacked him and tore his trousers.
It was resently that I started realising that the dog was not a pure ekuuke terrier but more like a pit bull mix, because of the shape of it head, the width of it chest, it height, it stance and the colour of it coat(coffee and white).
It memory always make me crave for another smart terrier.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Both Sex Rottweiler Pups Are Available / I Sell Exotic Birds And Animal / Rottweiler Puppies Are Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.