Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

The Iphone 13 Is Boring - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Iphone 13 Is Boring (6535 Views)

See Why The Iphone 13 Is The Worst Phone Released By Apple! Don't Buy It Abeg / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Lexiboyz: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2021
Predstan:

Again, innovation is beyond 20gb RAm that android packs. Technical innovation is the reduction of reliance on RAM and faster processor. A15 bionic chip with 4Gb RAm is better than Samsung devices with 16Gb RAM…
There is this technical Theory that the faster the processor, the more power it consumes, but iPhone is breaking that. As they continues to doll out efficiently powerful processors, the power consumption keeps reducing which is completely opposite of an android device. If this is not innovation, I wonder what it is. Oh fingerprint on screen? That’s not new, the typical Biometric device is a screen device that captures the picture of your thumb and with deep learning we are able to classify correctly. The foldable Samsung is one the Biggest invention so Far. But a faster processor is a big innovation on its own.

I won’t blame you though, you are just a typical smartphone user who is only concerned about Camera, Fingerprint placement and Screen resolution. Those are not innovations and never an invention. What are the innovations on Laptops, and desktops? The processor like the core and Amd processor as well as the GPU processing where Nvidia is obvious winning. These are innovations, not the placement of camera or a different style of smartphones. Please grow beyond design freaks but system freak and Computing power. These devices are faster than some dedicated machines like the PlayStation…

The GPU on iPhone 13 is enough to beat the Sammy. I am a big fan of Samsung btw. So this my truth.

Modified: MacOs is always ahead of Windows. Sorry to say. Could you mention one advantage of using the windows over the MacOS. I haven’t seen. But I could tell you some technical advantages for me personally.

1. Parallel Computing and Distributed Learning; As a deep Learning Engineer and Programmer, I am majorly concerned about OS that can flexibly make my work easier. The Nvidia SLI cannot be so well integrated on Windows. While I prefer Linux for such task, MacOs could get me to do just that. But a Windows? Tofiakwa

2. Command Line: Bash and other scripting Languages. It’s completely bleeped on Windows.

3. MacOs is so easy to navigate, your files and data are secured than the Windows.

4. Integration with your smartphone is even another advantage. I can literally do my FaceTime, pick my calls and operate my phone without a third Party app unlike the Windows.

5. You can partition to own all the OS in the world. Just like what you did

Several others….
I ignored this particular argument because in a bid to score some points you tried to shift the goal post thereby coming up with so much misinformation. I will respond to it regardless.

My argument is about how these implementations translates to benefits for the consumer of the end product. I do not disagree with the fact that the A15 is a powerful chipset, but my question is how does it translate to real life usage that makes you term it an innovation? Did you watch the Apple event? Well I guess you did that's why you keep hammering on the A15. Now let's even talk about chipsets. For everyday use and even app opening speed, the A14 does not beat the snapdragon 888 chipset. You can refer to speed test comparisons on YouTube for proof. You will realize that there is no outright winner in this regard, but my questions still remains, how does a few seconds app opening speed translate to innovation?

The A14 did not come with a 4gb ram, but rather a 6gb ram. And note that it does not beat the S21 ultra in multitasking. The powerful chipset the iPhone uses does not result in the less reliance on ram but rather the architecture of the OS itself. They make the hardware, chipset and OS for just a few of their phones hence resulting in a very optimized OS compared to Android that is open source, built on a different architecture that was not originally for phones and has to be integrated into over a thousand different phones, plus the fact that even the chipsets are made by another company except for Samsung and their Exynos which currently cannot measure up so it takes a lot of effort to make things work.

You talked about power efficiency, the A14 is not more power efficient than the snapdragon 888 and it is not the opposite of Android devices as the new iterations are also more power efficient. Do not try to rubbish the finger print biometric on the android phones. The face id on the iPhone was a big one, however when you have your nose mask on it becomes useless.

You are totally wrong about me and you are taking the argument in another direction. I am not a fan of either of them, but rather a consumer who wants more value for my money. I dumped Samsung in the past due to heat problem which of course do not happen in the iPhone and I appreciate that but also of which the competition has been able to solve that problem too. My question still remains how does these acclaimed innovations better the life of the average consumer? A few milliseconds faster in app opening speed? Innovation has to include implementation and value creation and for now the processor power thing is more about paper statistics and in no way translates to everyday use unless they come up with a way to fully implement it's usage to further benefit the average consumer. For example with the power of these machines they still lag after some minutes with very heavy games which should be a demonstration of their power.

As for the Mac OS, I agree with your point 3,4 and 5. Point 4 is about the seamless connectivity and interactions between their product line which is excellent and deserves some real credits (That is what I mean by innovation that better the lives of the average consumer) I have mentioned this in my earlier argument. The 1 and 2 are not my areas. I never argued that it was a less powerful OS, but for my kind of work and the apps I use, the Windows delivers better with ease. I will never buy a windows computer, I will rather buy the Mac and install the Windows on it because of the better hardware and somehow it seems to be smoother here than on my previous Windows Pcs thanks to Apple for bootcamp. Now that is what I call innovation that benefits the average user. I am done with this argument @seanwilliam

4 Likes

Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Ernerstdavid55(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Elxandre:

Which of them have you tried producing?
lol wat a joke. i produce agric
Wat about u smh
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Elxandre(m): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ernerstdavid55:
lol wat a joke. i produce agric
Wat about u smh
Anyone can "produce agric".
What have you manufactured?
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Elxandre(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
emae009:

Maybe your disappointment is warranted from your POV. If you're using Android users perspective to judge the iPhone then that's a lost cause. Putting the iPhone against a single Android OEM and the iPhone will win 90% of the time. What they do is use every available Android OEM (whatever advantage they have to bash the iPhone).
Fast/Dash Charging - Charging a phone generate heat and in battery tech Heat is not good. For a phone designed to last 5 years and having a small battery capacity, what do you think 66W fast charging will do to the battery?
That's just one example..
If you look at it from a holistic perspective, Android OEMs have so many competition that they need anything to distinguish their product since they all run on the same OS. What will differentiate a Samsung from Xiaomi that have both have OLED display running on SD888, both have 108MP main cameras if not little things like battery size, camera zoom range, fast charging tech and so on. I don't know if you get the point. Like how often do you think people take zoom photos at 100x range?
But if someone wants to compare to the iPhone, they will say this has 100x zoom, iPhone doesn't but the main point of the 100x zoom was for the Android phone to differentiate or have some advantage over other Android in the market not that it was really a necessary feature.
Why you see one generation of Android have telephoto camera another will have periscope zoom.
But if Apple made the 100x camera, it'd be 'innovation' right.
The main reason I bought the ultra is the zoom camera btw. And it can be epic.
No iPhone can do even x20 but the ultra's cam, produces very good shots at that range.
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Ernerstdavid55(m): 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
Elxandre:

Anyone can "produce agric".
What have you manufactured?
am working on it...smh u too i bet u cant even make tooth pick
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Predstan: 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lexiboyz:

I ignored this particular argument because in a bid to score some points you tried to shift the goal post thereby coming up with so much misinformation. I will respond to it regardless.

My argument is about how these implementations translates to benefits for the consumer of the end product. I do not disagree with the fact that the A15 is a powerful chipset, but my question is how does it translate to real life usage that makes you term it an innovation? Did you watch the Apple event? Well I guess you did that's why you keep hammering on the A15. Now let's even talk about chipsets. For everyday use and even app opening speed, the A14 does not beat the snapdragon 888 chipset. You can refer to speed test comparisons on YouTube for proof. You will realize that there is no outright winner in this regard, but my questions still remains, how does a few seconds app opening speed translate to innovation?

The A14 did not come with a 4gb ram, but rather a 6gb ram. And note that it does not beat the S21 ultra in multitasking. The powerful chipset the iPhone uses does not result in the less reliance on ram but rather the architecture of the OS itself. They make the hardware, chipset and OS for just a few of their phones hence resulting in a very optimized OS compared to Android that is open source, built on a different architecture that was not originally for phones and has to be integrated into over a thousand different phones, plus the fact that even the chipsets are made by another company except for Samsung and their Exynos which currently cannot measure up so it takes a lot of effort to make things work.

You talked about power efficiency, the A14 is not more power efficient than the snapdragon 888 and it is not the opposite of Android devices as the new iterations are also more power efficient. Do not try to rubbish the finger print biometric on the android phones. The face id on the iPhone was a big one, however when you have your nose mask on it becomes useless.

You are totally wrong about me and you are taking the argument in another direction. I am not a fan of either of them, but rather a consumer who wants more value for my money. I dumped Samsung in the past due to heat problem which of course do not happen in the iPhone and I appreciate that but also of which the competition has been able to solve that problem too. My question still remains how does these acclaimed innovations better the life of the average consumer? A few milliseconds faster in app opening speed? Innovation has to include implementation and value creation and for now the processor power thing is more about paper statistics and in no way translates to everyday use unless they come up with a way to fully implement it's usage to further benefit the average consumer. For example with the power of these machines they still lag after some minutes with very heavy games which should be a demonstration of their power.

As for the Mac OS, I agree with your point 3,4 and 5. Point 4 is about the seamless connectivity and interactions between their product line which is excellent and deserves some real credits (That is what I mean by innovation that better the lives of the average consumer) I have mentioned this in my earlier argument. The 1 and 2 are not my areas. I never argued that it was a less powerful OS, but for my kind of work and the apps I use, the Windows delivers better with ease. I will never buy a windows computer, I will rather buy the Mac and install the Windows on it because of the better hardware and somehow it seems to be smoother here than on my previous Windows Pcs thanks to Apple for bootcamp. Now that is what I call innovation that benefits the average user. I am done with this argument @seanwilliam

I will only address 2 points here. A faster processor means less RAM usage so you need not pack many Gb of RAM. RAM is a storage where operations are allocated memory. If you process this operation faster, you do not need a large storage. That’s why a 4Gb RAM on any of the recent Sammy will lag so bad with the numerous operations that’s been thrown at it. The reason Sammy is equally efficient in some cases is the fact that they have large RAM…

To reiterate this, the iPhone 13 and 13 mini has 4Gb of RAM with the A15 bionic chipset same as the 12. While the pro versions have 6GB of RAM.

Secondly, the Biometric and FaceID are a product of large excreted data. They are not a big deal to be lauded as innovation in 2021.
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by emae009(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
Elxandre:

But if Apple made the 100x camera, it'd be 'innovation' right.
The main reason I bought the ultra is the zoom camera btw. And it can be epic.
No iPhone can do even x20 but the ultra's cam, produces very good shots at that range.

it makes no practical sense whatever for 100x zoom except you're a stalker.
what are you snapping from that far out that you can't move closer to
Probably in the wild but then if you're into wildlife photography you'll have the standard camera equipment and other machines for that purpose instead of say using smartphone.
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Elxandre(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
emae009:

it makes no practical sense whatever for 100x zoom except you're a stalker.
what are you snapping from that far out that you can't move closer to
Probably in the wild but then if you're into wildlife photography you'll have the standard camera equipment and other machines for that purpose instead of say using smartphone.
It makes no practical sense "but it's useful for wildlife photography". Smh.
This is the biggest problem about Apple fan boys.
Any feature not present in an Apple device is a gimmick.
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by emae009(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
Elxandre:

It makes no practical sense "but it's useful for wildlife photography". Smh.
This is the biggest problem about Apple fan boys.
Any feature not present in an Apple device is a gimmick.

comprehension is something you should work on.
It makes no sense for that sort of range zoom to be on everyday smartphone because people will hardly use it.
I said wildlife because that's the only scenario I can think of why you need such but as I said earlier, wildlife photographers already have the equipment they need for that so it makes no sense either way.
Read and understand, not jump to anything to win argument.
Reverse charging is not a gimmick but 2MP ultrawide and other 2MP cameras spotted on the rare of midrange so they can be called Quad camera phones are gimmicks.... don't just assume things.
I use both and I don't look down on either as they both don't even play on the same field
Re: The Iphone 13 Is Boring by Elxandre(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
emae009:

comprehension is something you should work on.
It makes no sense for that sort of range zoom to be on everyday smartphone because people will hardly use it.
I said wildlife because that's the only scenario I can think of why you need such but as I said earlier, wildlife photographers already have the equipment they need for that so it makes no sense either way.
Read and understand, not jump to anything to win argument.
Reverse charging is not a gimmick but 2MP ultrawide and other 2MP cameras spotted on the rare of midrange so they can be called Quad camera phones are gimmicks.... don't just assume things.
I use both and I don't look down on either as they both don't even play on the same field
It's called choice.
If you're paying 1k plus for a phone, it should give you choice. You fail to comprehend even your own argument.
Usefulness is subjective to individuals. I find the zoom camera useful, as do many people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo Launches 1TB (1000GB) Data Plan Valid For 12 Months / MTN Network Back In Numan & Adamawa State! Thank God. Borno, Yobe Any News? / How To See Pictures On Free Facebook Mode (freebasics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.