Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season (556 Views)

'call Me Mr. VAR!' - Iheanacho Delighted After Winning Game For Leicester / Wilfred Ndidi Celebrates 100th Appearance For Leicester With A Win / Harry Maguire: Man Utd Agree £80m Deal For Leicester Defender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season by solbase10(m): 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Brendan Rodgers has given reasons why Kelechi Iheanacho is yet to start a game for Leicester this season, reports Leicester Mercury.

Rodgers has so far left Iheanacho out of the club’s 11 this season, despite his terrific run of form at the end of the last campaign that saw him finish as top scorer.

He is making an impact this term too. In his five games off the bench, he scored a penalty he earned in the Community Shield, helped set up the winner at Norwich, and made City much more threatening in their search for an equaliser against Manchester City at the weekend.

The 24-year-old was brought into the side last season after Harvey Barnes’ campaign-ending knee injury, Rodgers changing to a 3-4-1-2 shape.

This season, City have reverted to a 4-2-3-1 system, and so if Rodgers wanted to include Iheanacho but retain the formation, it is likely one of Jamie Vardy or James Maddison would have to be left out.

Asked if it was becoming more difficult to leave Iheanacho out of the starting line-up, Rodgers said: “I’m just really happy with the contribution. I see him every day, I know his strengths and I know the areas he can improve on.

“What he’s doing is he’s making an impact, and I think that’s how it started for him here, I was bringing him into games and he was doing well. It’s nice now that people have the confidence in him that he’s going to contribute.

“There will be enough opportunities over the course of the season for him to start games. It’s really about the team, I’m not so much worried about the individual, I need to pick a team that I feel is going to win, and if I need to change a game, I have a bench to be able to do that, and that’s what we have.

“I’m always supportive of the individual player, but the team is always more important. You can’t play with six attacking players.

“He’s a very important player for us, whether he comes into the game or whether he starts.”

Source: https://www.completesports.com/rodgers-why-iheanacho-has-not-started-for-leicester-this-season/

Re: Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season by Freestainworld(m): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
This coach Na Mumu man
Re: Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season by hybrid11(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mumu man,someone who scored 19 goals for you from just Jan to may ... Snr man kels should've gone to Roma
Re: Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season by orohbiro(f): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Oga simply say the media will eat u raw if u dare bench vardy
To me ihenacho would have move to as Roma when Jose wanted him just look at Tammy now England will surely call him for d worldcup
Re: Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season by samtol4(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kelechi needs to go elsewhere to attain his full potential; it appears he is okay staying
Re: Rodgers: Why Iheanacho Has Not Started For Leicester This Season by Queenslander(f): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
orohbiro:
Oga simply say the media will eat u raw if u dare bench vardy
To me ihenacho would have move to as Roma when Jose wanted him just look at Tammy now England will surely call him for d worldcup
hybrid11:
Mumu man,someone who scored 19 goals for you from just Jan to may ... Snr man kels should've gone to Roma

Jose never wanted Iheanacho,. It was mere speculation,. Tammy was always his first choice!!!

(1) (Reply)

Quiz: Messi Fans, Get In Here And Answer This Quiz / Lampard Denies Having Personal Relationship With Chelsea Owner Roman Abrahamovic / Arsenal To Complete Gabriel Jesus Transfer Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.