Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages (9505 Views)

How To Use Livezilla To Run Your Own Professional Real-time Chat On The Website? / Real Estate Website At A Give Away Price For #12,000. / What Payment Gateway Credits Merchant Account In Real Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by SecretReporter(f): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hi
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by condralbedez: 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Lovely initiative

1 Like

Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by DaBogu: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
revived:
Good one

Make WhatsApp Remain For Stagnant Point
Dumb Ass Pu**sy App

Telegram Does Their Sh*t Better.
Telegram has beaten Twitter to it with Nigerians users preferring Telegram to Twitter
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by WoundedLamb: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
theInterpreter:
where's are the languages?

besides I hope it won't be like Google's translation that is full of errors

especially for tonal languages

I am really curious on how it will be

before I will say in English
"are you Igbo* and it will translate to "ṣon mugbo?(do you smoke hemp)? grin in Yoruba

Well, natural language processing is an extremely difficult field of computing. It would be a white elephant dream to expect a perfect translation from any system for many reasons asides tonality. The basic idea is to get the message in a speech, and Google translate isn't doing bad in that regards. There are other better systems but only a few can boast of the language coverage Google has. The shortcomings of Google are mostly exposed with languages that aren't as researched/consciously structured as many European languages and this includes the Niger-Congo languages.
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by pseudonomer: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
The5DME:
As expected, as is the norm: the whites are busy etching their mark in the sands of civilization, creating beneficial tech, while the black man is cursed with religion (islam and Christianity) , coupled with the deadly virus called tribalism. I've come to the conclusion that we blacks are 'technologically' inferior to the white man.

You keep downplaying Blackmen. What have you done yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by revived: 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Cantonese:

Which one you create when go help humanity?

Maybe I direct the question back to you as a counter

I didn't have to create app before helping humanity

I am doing the little I can Within my capacity.

1 Like

Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
The5DME:
As expected, as is the norm: the whites are busy etching their mark in the sands of civilization, creating beneficial tech, while the black man is cursed with religion (islam and Christianity) , coupled with the deadly virus called tribalism. I've come to the conclusion that we blacks are 'technologically' inferior to the white man.

You can make the difference.
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by Cantonese: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
revived:

Maybe I direct the question back to you as a counter

I didn't have to create app before helping humanity

I am doing the little I can Within my capacity.

Great!

When others create those things that make life comfortable for humanity, we have the responsibility to be very appreciative. What we must do again is to look forward to better innovations respectfully. If you must criticize, then it must be constructive with the intent to add to already available knowledge.

How would you feel if such harsh words were applied to your own “little within my capacity”?

2 Likes

Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by 30naira: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
The5DME:

See the way you specified 'technologically'.
Is there ANY area where blacks are not inferior?
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by airsaylongcome: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Let me go and see how I can replicate this on using Jitsi Meet and offer it as a UCaaS for local businesses
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by The5DME(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:

You can make the difference.

I do not care about the black race billy.
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by highoctane: 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
The5DME:
You may be right to an extent, Christianity do not retrograde science and technology nor Islamism. For example the Bible is not a scientific book, but when it touches on matter of science it always accurate. Islamism has contributed immensely on area of Mathematics, Architecture, Astronomy, Medicine etc.
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
The5DME:

I do not care about the black race billy.

Care about humanity. I still wonder why I chose the black race this time. I guess I needed to witness the stupidity as a participant

1 Like

Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by raylandmark: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2021
My brother that is where Elon musk gat u cover I think by then it’s starlink satellites will be operating in Nigeria
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by Bngf: 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
Oh
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by suffering: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
This is a good initiative. Updates keep the world going.
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by Seunfretty: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mi creo que esto es muy bueno .... bienvenidad!!!
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by Harrynight(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
I never knew there is an app called Zoom until COVID-19 came calling
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by RexTramadol1: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2021
Idamond:

I think so

It’s most probably speech to text
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by AlphaCEO: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages by Emeka71(m): 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
Good move.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? / Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform / 12 Things To Do Before Applying For Google Adsense – 2016 Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.