Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Is It So Hard For Hard For Me To Retain What I've Read. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is It So Hard For Hard For Me To Retain What I've Read. (282 Views)

Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) / UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … / 100 Students Caught As UNILAG Begins Testing Students For Hard Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It So Hard For Hard For Me To Retain What I've Read. by bomapelle: 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
If you're having a hard time with retaining what you have read, this may help.

You really don't have to be hard on yourself if you find it difficult to retain what you have read/studied.

Our assimilation method and levels differ. Some people pick up something immediately, others may need to go over it as many times as possible before it sticks.

Understanding yourself is one key that helps your learning process.

In my first year in the University, I will just read through everything that has been taught but when I got to examination hall I realized I had forgotten some important things...meaning I didn't retain a lot of the things I read

Fast forward to my second year I decided to change my reading method because I must have over assumed my abilities. I wasn't 'as good ' as I thought I was..

So I went back to the basis.
I designed a new method that I felt will work for me. I created a new reading pattern, a bit more intense than what I was doing.

I started giving myself tests because I needed to be sure I could remember.
There was this time I will go for choir rehearsals and while waiting for others I will start sketching Biochemical pathways.

I had another big problem. I couldn't read in a noisy environment. I devised a method. Playing slow music and listen with an earpiece. It worked.

I was able to separate myself from my environment.

Every weekend I was free I will spend it in reading room from morning till evening. Packed my snack,water and books.

Then I started studying my courses deeply from other people's perspectives, it helped me understand better and then retain because I could paint the pictures better in my head.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard For Hard For Me To Retain What I've Read. by Posotome: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
REDUCE WATCHING TV, STAY INDOORS MORE

THE MEMORY STICKS MUCH TO WHAT IT SEES, THE LESS YOU SEE IMAGES, PICYURES AND VIDEOS, THE SHARPER YOUR RETENTIVE MEMORY

MOST OF THOSE WHO MEMORISE ALOT DONT HAVE TV AT HOME

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard For Hard For Me To Retain What I've Read. by Omoolami100: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
Read it again

(1) (Reply)

IELTS Private Tution In Lekki, Ajah, Portharcourt, Abuja / Mathematics (senior) Lesson Notes - Theory Of Logarithm / Buy Ceiling Cloth Drying Hanger - Nishasystem.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.