Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? (15620 Views)

Urgently Needed: Academic Writer With M.sc. Or MA / Finally! Resumption Of Duty By Officers Of Fg On Grade Level 12 And Below / 12 Job Openings In Nigeria You Might Be Interested In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by MrHighSea: 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
No matter your skill and degrees.
If you don't convert it to money.
You're not serious.

passion only can't feed you.

cease that job.
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Emmacy001: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
You better grab the job.
Later you can proceed do masters programme.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Solatium(m): 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
femi4:
Apply for study leave

For job why him never start? una dey funny for this forum
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by RodgersAkpafu: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
uthlaw:
I don't actually know the problem of you guys with I too know mentality....watin u wan use the Masters do?
Nothing wrong with masters at all
Its just that at this stage
It pays him better to hold on to the job

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by fijihems: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ask yourself a simple question "which of the two was more difficult to achieve?"

I abandoned my MSC program in one Nigerian university when I had an opportunity to do something more important and make some good money. Ten years later, I did my MSC degree at the university of London and I have used the certificate to work all over the world.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Solatium(m): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
miracood:
what did u study in the university?

i use to think that fresh graduate are normally employed at level 8?

Doctor's and Lawyer's are taken straight to level 10,i no know where he see him own level 12 o.
e be like say na cruise everyone just dey catch for here

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Moikiitos: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
Take the job and do your masters alongside. It's possible :/

Iamjobless:
Will be very brief and I pray this reaches the front page.
I graduated in the year 2019 from one of the foremost Universities in Nigeria, did my NYSC but after that I have been applying for job all to no avail.

During my job search, I applied for a job in a private University in February, after much delay, we did Examination in June and interview in July, I was picked as I have seen my name on the list of successful canadidate. The job is very OK and working environment superb and with a moderate salary and virtually no stress
But the thing, I have strong passion for my course, I have even applied for M. SC(1 year) in another University just to gain more knowledge, already have thesis topic and everything that I will need all through, I have already initiated how to japa through study abroad once I finish my course, now I am scared, like really scared because if the plan doesn't work out, then I will be losing a very good opportunity.

Note : I can't study my M. SC in that university because they do not have the department and equipments

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by igbowoman: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
What type of question is this?
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Kam2021: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
You can run both...lecturing job is very flexible as you can schedule lectures to suit you as long as you do your job
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by suffering: 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
Where do you people learn these levels to jobs? If I start as a clerk in a bank, what level is that?
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by victorVIC1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
You can do both. I am currently doing a very tasking job and concurrently doing my masters.

You can do part time in another university or more advisably, run an online masters programme in a recognised international university. Like I always tell my masters colleagues, I would always put my source of livelihood ahead of academic programmes cos certificate no dey feed family. I hope this answers your question?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Lamasta(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
Take the job first and do masters later
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Sharatan(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
That's deep bruv
chatinent:
Many who have Masters are now students of UniHome.

I, myself, I use my Masters to hawk gala in the busy Lagos traffic speaking Queens English to angry drivers who think I am good for nothing but obstructing their journey.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Gosj001: 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Many didn't even bother to read through

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Chimeluv(f): 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Take the job, masters can come.later....
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by yemmight(m): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
Sometimes when I read some posts here, It appears as if we are reading scripts from Nollywood.
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by befocused1: 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:
I graduated in the year 2019 from one of the foremost Universities in Nigeria, did my NYSC but after that I have been applying for job all to no avail.

During my job search, I applied for a job in a private University in February, after much delay, we did Examination in June and interview in July, I was picked as I have seen my name on the list of successful canadidate. The job is very OK and working environment superb and with a moderate salary and virtually no stress
But the thing, I have strong passion for my course, I have even applied for M. SC(1 year) in another University just to gain more knowledge, already have thesis topic and everything that I will need all through, I have already initiated how to japa through study abroad once I finish my course, now I am scared, like really scared because if the plan doesn't work out, then I will be losing a very good opportunity.

Note : I can't study my M. SC in that university because they do not have the department and equipments

@OP
I got a job before the end of my service year in 2016 and got admission for my masters degree same year. So, I left the job in December 2016 to resume my study Jan 2017 and I post another job in the course of the programme.
I concluded my course work in July 2017 but but unfortunately I just did my dissertation seminar (internal defense) last two weeks.

Now no job and Registration fee has accumulated and I have to borrow to settle my debt.
Meanwhile, a friend we started together has graduated, gotten a job with a university and already running his PHD.

Don't take decision on public opinion, prayerfully listen � to your God, HE will guide you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:

Follow your passion bro. Since it's a one year master's programme, I reckon it's most likely Unilag you're taking about.

If doing the master's will give u fulfilment, please chase ur dreams, prayerfully. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by IamDavid(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
Take up the job. Do it squarely for a year. Start your msc programme in any school of your choice. It will be easier if you have a car and the school is relatively close. I wish you the best!
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
Romanoff:
Take the job o.

Many have masters but no work.
What a good advice
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by biuty20: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2021
Please take job then proceed for your M.sc from there o
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Nyanabo(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
It all depends sir, if the masters you want to do is in this country Nigeria, sir I advice better take thelat job. Before Masters is to give you an edge over other candidates in the job markets but now it's become so saturated that employers don't even value them no more. So why not take up the job and do a part time masters program?

But

If the MSc is outside the country and you have enough funds/sponsors to cover all expenses I would say you go for the master outside the country. After your program you would have more opportunities with the work permit you would be issued, compared to this country. Just my own opinion.

Again if the masters is in this country forget it and take up that job. I know someone with masters that's a gate man. I know someone with a 2.1 BSc. That his boss wife just called stupid yesterday.
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Nickymichy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
If the plan doesn't work out, then I will be losing a very good opportunity.
(I believe this statement has answered your question)
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by goodychet: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2021
Who dash you level 12 without masters?
Iamjobless:

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Yankee101: 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
Pick the job

Pay for flights to the other school to take courses on weekends

Apply to go abroad under PTDF when you graduate
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Lordfigaro(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
And many have jobs but no masters
Romanoff:
Take the job o.

Many have masters but no work.
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by OBA117(m): 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:

You can take the job.... and go for Part time Msc program.
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Lordsonn: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
I will advise you to go for your master degree. Private University will never allow you to further your education no matter the years you spent with then. After I took similar decision to go for master degree, God helped me I got an online part time tutoring job with a university in Alabama, United States. At least I get between $400-600 every month. Go for your master and do some online professional development courses from Coursera, you are good to go
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by SolarEdge: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmmmm.
Take the job bro, from your writeup, i perceived you had a first class or near a first class, while in the job you can prepare to study in the usa for your master degree. its possible. get the right info.

Good day all, we have the following components for pickup. if you are interested in setting up a low budget inverter or complete solar system, kindly send me a DM.

150AH Amaron battery.....1 unit
200AH/12V Ritar battery....5 units
1.5kva/24v inverter ...........1 unit
220w mono solar panels .......50 units

Only interested person should contact me via watsapp or call for pictures and possible inspection

call/watsapp: 07038567494
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by Ojady(m): 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:

You could:
a.) Show a level of commitment to your offer, by paying for your first term and deferring the admission till the next intake ( that is if they offer starts in Fall, Spring, Summer or Winter). Let them know that since your passion is further education for a career in academia, you have commenced a teaching paid internship towards that. This makes you appear focussed, credible and poachable afterwards.
b.) Since nothing in life is sure, Forget the employment offer, go on ahead honour and full-fill (sic) the offer - the future is bright. If you were graced to get an offer in the first place, in Nigeria, (where the only things that work are 'cronyism', 'nepotism', ethnicity and ethnocentrism, corruption etc)YOU CAN GET ANOTHER OFFER in Nigeria or anywhere for that matter.

Either option, keep moving.
All the Best
Re: Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? by CountVersailles(f): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iamjobless:

I'll just let you know that, the way I see it, you are probably smarter than 90% of those who will type on this thread, supposedly giving you "advice". Ask yourself why you should be taking advice from some of these people you are possibly much smarter than. Ask yourself that question before deciding if you should go with any crowdsourced advice here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB Takeover Recruitment Test For FRSC, Others / Can You Work In Sokoto..... / Payment Of Npower Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.