Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw (19434 Views)

Lionel Messi Unveiled As A PSG Player, Given Squad Number 30 (Photo, Video) / Neymar Offers His PSG Shirt To Lionel Messi / A PSG Fan Shattered His Television After PSG 1 - 3 Man Utd Loss (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by jkarmstrong(m): 5:32am On Sep 16, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

Cry out more grin grin, all this Messi fans sef, your midget will play shit, you won't admit but will be telling he created chances, completed dribble, 3 key passes, yen yen grin grin, my G.O.A.T played his first game, scored two goals (you called it tap-in), second game another goal, but your midget has played two Games (0 goals 0 assist) can never be my Goat grin grin

Yeye, na by first game. Wait till end of season let's talk.

1 Like

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Miraclewilfred: 5:33am On Sep 16, 2021
Ronaldo scored 2 goals in his 1st game but dis hausa G.O.A.T collected yellow card in his 1st game ;DRonaldo scored 2 goals in his 1st game but dis hausa G.O.A.T collected yellow card in his 1st game

4 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Enyimbafc: 5:37am On Sep 16, 2021
MESSI IS A FAILURE
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Alary: 5:50am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

It's irrelevant to you cos your whole concept of football knowledge only goals matters

While the world knows football is more than goals, with the goal he scored yesterday na still 0 point and L dem chop

Maybe if Messi was waiting for tap ins and crosses in the box it will be a fair comparison

Why are you talking like a minnow, you seems to know nothing about football.
After goal .the only thing about football is more goals.
When you watch your football highlights, is it dribbles you want to see or the most important thing which is goals, abeg shift.
Stay pained
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Alary: 5:51am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

It's irrelevant to you cos your whole concept of football knowledge only goals matters

While the world knows football is more than goals, with the goal he scored yesterday na still 0 point and L dem chop

Maybe if Messi was waiting for tap ins and crosses in the box it will be a fair comparison

Why are you talking like a minnow, you seems to know nothing about football.
After goal .the only thing about football is more goals.
When you watch your football highlights, is it dribbles you want to see or the most important thing which is goals, abeg shift.
Stay pained
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by MrColdsweat: 5:59am On Sep 16, 2021
I don talk am. Na small team like Ajax, Porto go commot this psg.

It's not by spending billions.

4 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by IdJack(m): 6:06am On Sep 16, 2021
So sad
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by nwakibie3(m): 6:11am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

I agree with you that it's a disappointing draw, the whole Psg team played below par

But anyone who watched the game won't say Messi wasn't PSG best player on the pitch tonight
Credit to Brugge for being brave in their approach but yet

Messi had 3 key passes, created one big chance, a shot on goal and had a shot hit the cross bar, completed 3 dribbles, missed a chance too.

Unlike your Ronaldo that was removed when his team needed him and they still lost.
Can never be my GOAT

Forget all these long story...

Do they count dribbles and hit cross bar as goal?

The question is Did messi score?

5 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2021
It was a drab match I expected PSG to fry club brugge but thats football anything can happen shocked
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by DesChyko: 6:19am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

What's your point?

That a star-studded PSG side parading Neymar, Messi, Mbappe and later Icardi across the front couldn't win against Club Brugge.

You're taking it out against Cr7 who was the only MUFC player on the score sheet..like seriously?

2 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by focus7: 6:19am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

I agree with you that it's a disappointing draw, the whole Psg team played below par

But anyone who watched the game won't say Messi wasn't PSG best player on the pitch tonight

Messi had 3 key passes, created one big chance, a shot on goal and had a shot hit the cross bar, completed 3 dribbles, missed a chance too.

Unlike your Ronaldo that was removed when his team needed him and they still lost.
Can never be my GOAT

Can never be everybody GOAT but he's to a greater numbers of people compare to Messi.

Messi can never be my GOAT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by nwakibie3(m): 6:20am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Stay pained

Pls is trophy won by stat or goal

4 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 16, 2021
PSG should go to Belgium and beat silly a top team there cos Messi is in PSG. Right? ManU lost first game too with CR7. For goodness sake, they were both away. These two superstars are good, and they made positive impacts in the games, even Ronaldo scored. Ronaldo doesnt need to acclimatize to Manchester, but this is all new to Messi. After all, these men arent gods but humans. They only dedicate their lives to football, endure and persevere more in training sessions. This is the secret to their success. Ronaldo fought Messi to do more than he should ordinary do, and now Messi is going to force himself to beat age 36....and still counting. These men are going to be in good form even in their early 40s. This is a healthy competition. They must not play in the same team so we continue enjoying this competition back to back. And you fans should keep up the comparison. It's good for the game.

4 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by KingOdart(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Can never be my GOAT

5 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Muhylonaire007: 6:33am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Stay pained

Get out jare.... Yenyenyen.
Na back of TV you dey watch when your minion waste wetin suppose be him only goal into the air with his left foot?
You also didn't watch his mistake that turned into goal for brugge abi?

Majority of you these Messi fan boys are just like BMC.... Weere ni gbogbo yin.

Convert the chances abi key passes into goals na

14 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by busterr(m): 6:33am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Can never be my GOAT

Story story.... story.....

2 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by IzzyAgu: 6:41am On Sep 16, 2021
beautyhd:
I've always said it, that guy is a rat and not a G.O.A.T
Hahahaha
Midget (Photocopied Goat)

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Lekan239(m): 6:51am On Sep 16, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

Cry out more grin grin, all this Messi fans sef, your midget will play shit, you won't admit but will be telling he created chances, completed dribble, 3 key passes, yen yen grin grin, my G.O.A.T played his first game, scored two goals (you called it tap-in), second game another goal, but your midget has played two Games (0 goals 0 assist) can never be my Goat grin grin
your midget is just a good striker who only cares about staying upfront to score goal, he is nothing different from Lukaku, benzema, lewandoski, halaand etc, why not compare him with those guys up there instead of comparing him with a player ur midget can never play like. Yes Ronaldo is consistent and he has won trophies for teams with his goals. The only different between him and Messi is Messi is all rounder, it will take a very special player to play like Messi, by the way I prefer to play like Ronaldo wen I am playing football because it makes me put in less work rate and I won't be stressed out after the match, still full with energy after

1 Like

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by imam07: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Can never be my GOAT

did d passes and dribble give psg 3 point? What are u saying here. Oyibo need goals that will give d team 3 points u are here talking about passes. Your brain is upside down.

2 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Godly247(m): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:
Star-studded Paris Saint-Germain were held to a surprising 1-1 draw by Club Brugge on Wednesday night in Group A in Flanders.

Lionel Messi made his first start for PSG, lining up alongside former Barcelona teammate Neymar and Kylian Mbappe in the XI for the first time since joining from the Catalan giants in the summer.

Despite a long list of high-profile arrivals in Paris, it was Ander Herrera that opened the scoring in the 15th minute for the visiting side, reaching behind him to lash home a left-footed shot after Mbappe picked him out in the middle of the penalty area.

"We didn't play a fantastic game, but to be fair we did enough to win, we deserved to win," said Herrera.

"Maybe they had opportunities at the beginning of the second half but I think we controlled the match, we had a lot of chances."

Brugge hit back before the half-hour when Hans Vanaken powered a first time shot past Keylor Navas from Eduard Sobol's inch-perfect cross into the centre of the box to put the match back on level terms.

Mauricio Pochettino's side found themselves under pressure from the Belgian champions after the leveller, but they managed to get into the dressing room for half-time in a 1-1 draw.

Mbappe, who went to ground in the first half and came off briefly, then limped off the pitch early in the second after an awkward tangle with a pair of Brugge defenders and was replaced by Mauro Icardi.

Both sides pushed for a go-ahead goal as the second half wore on, and Messi had a great chance saved by Simon Mignolet around 70 minutes before the Argentine was shown yellow for a challenge on Brugge's Mats Rits.

"I didn't have a lot of work, I just pulled a couple of saves. We played as a compact side, it was the right approach," the Belgian said.

No winner came for either club and the teams settled for a point apiece to trail Manchester City, who thrashed RB Leipzig on Wednesday, in the group

why na?
chai!!!
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Godly247(m): 6:56am On Sep 16, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

LOUD AM PLEASE!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by walozanga(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Can never be my GOAT

I be Chelsea fan. My brother y u dey calculate wen they sub Ronaldo. The guy scored the opener. How many messi don score. U dey calculate shot wey hit bar by messi. U must be a joker

8 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Babaheekmat: 7:05am On Sep 16, 2021
Barca fans and APC na same.

Stupid excuses for their chicken failure

1 Like

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Babaheekmat: 7:07am On Sep 16, 2021
If Ronaldo wins.. he's roasted by media
If he loses... He's roasted too

Ronaldo been giving them sleepless nights

7 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by imam07: 7:10am On Sep 16, 2021
jkarmstrong:

Yeye, na by first game. Wait till end of season let's talk.
but if nah Ronaldo dey psg and they played like this. You will not be telling us to wait till d end of d season. If we wait till d end of d season. I believe Ronaldo would have triple Messi with goals.

1 Like

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Kingcalls: 7:12am On Sep 16, 2021
unbitchable:

Ok, you refused to see where I said the three teams shared the Laliga trophy in 3 years?
Barca team was so bad that there was never a week they sit at the top of the table. Barca sold Suarez & rakitic with no replacement. Meanwhile Juve had no reason to lose the league to Inter who were made up of average players and mostly EPL rejects. Juve went from being Champion to fourth in the league, finished behind Inter, AC & Atlanta. That is a fraud. Barca were not the Champion, they lost to Madrid and Madrid lost to Athletico. That's fair competition. Ronaldo scored goals but made Juventus a worse team.

Stop embarrassing urself and carry ur mighty " L"

2 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by mrkings84(m): 7:14am On Sep 16, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:
PSG is on a 5 match winning streak until midget made his first start grin grin grin

Slawomir come and talk oo

I'm a true Chelsea fan ooo

We are the blues!!
Chop two likes for my head!!
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Christian16: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2021
where dem get this messi fans from. It seems the ones here are stiff brainless individuals.It is good to accept flaws when there are flaws, not always springing to defence when you hear messi ...you guys are all biased and with that mindset am sorry to say you can't go any where I'm this life ...keep soaking your garri ;Dwhere dem get this messi fans from. It seems the ones here are stiff brainless individuals.It is good to accept flaws when there are flaws, not always springing to defence when you hear messi ...you guys are all biased and with that mindset am sorry to say you can't go any where In this life ...keep soaking your garri. How can you see someone that has been in top performance for the past 12+ years and call him a fraud...bro you must be a fool .Am not saying I hate messi I actually like him but you could actually learn a lot about been successful in life from ronaldo .. he is freeking hardworking and full of confidence.

4 Likes

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Benrosaria(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

Why are you all in this argument of

Talent and skill.

Messi is 10
Ronaldo is 7

10- midfielder position
7- striker position

Sir can you argue between a bird and a chicken, who is best at flying cause they both fly too.

Wake up manny and stop bringing out dumb points

1 Like

Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by JordanMichael(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2021
Disappointing midget GOAT embarassed embarassed
EmmanuelScott1:
Star-studded Paris Saint-Germain were held to a surprising 1-1 draw by Club Brugge on Wednesday night in Group A in Flanders.

Lionel Messi made his first start for PSG, lining up alongside former Barcelona teammate Neymar and Kylian Mbappe in the XI for the first time since joining from the Catalan giants in the summer.

Despite a long list of high-profile arrivals in Paris, it was Ander Herrera that opened the scoring in the 15th minute for the visiting side, reaching behind him to lash home a left-footed shot after Mbappe picked him out in the middle of the penalty area.

"We didn't play a fantastic game, but to be fair we did enough to win, we deserved to win," said Herrera.

"Maybe they had opportunities at the beginning of the second half but I think we controlled the match, we had a lot of chances."

Brugge hit back before the half-hour when Hans Vanaken powered a first time shot past Keylor Navas from Eduard Sobol's inch-perfect cross into the centre of the box to put the match back on level terms.

Mauricio Pochettino's side found themselves under pressure from the Belgian champions after the leveller, but they managed to get into the dressing room for half-time in a 1-1 draw.

Mbappe, who went to ground in the first half and came off briefly, then limped off the pitch early in the second after an awkward tangle with a pair of Brugge defenders and was replaced by Mauro Icardi.

Both sides pushed for a go-ahead goal as the second half wore on, and Messi had a great chance saved by Simon Mignolet around 70 minutes before the Argentine was shown yellow for a challenge on Brugge's Mats Rits.

"I didn't have a lot of work, I just pulled a couple of saves. We played as a compact side, it was the right approach," the Belgian said.

No winner came for either club and the teams settled for a point apiece to trail Manchester City, who thrashed RB Leipzig on Wednesday, in the group
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by Rastaramsey(m): 7:29am On Sep 16, 2021
ojaysam25:
To whom much is given much is expected. Ronaldo can not have these kind of debut without been roasted alive by the media.

Ronaldo played his debut champions league match yesterday and who roasted him cus he lost??
Re: Messi's First Start In A PSG Shirt Ends In A Disappointing Draw by jimtemi1: 7:30am On Sep 16, 2021
For those bet naija customers, please check on them oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten NPFL Goalscorer In The Last 10 Years / Nigerian U-23 Team Threaten Boycott Olympic Matches Over Unpaid Allowances / Romelu Lukaku Will Return To Serie A' - The Striker's Agent Confirms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.