Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League (549 Views)

Olga Carmona Found Out Her Father Died After Scoring In The Final / Man City Players Celebrate First Champions League Final In Dressing Room / Victor Osimhen Scores First Champions League Goal Vs Chelsea, Fans React(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nathan Ake has revealed his father died minutes after the Manchester City defender scored his first Champions League goal on Wednesday.

Ake, 26, headed the opener after 16 minutes in City's 6-3 victory against RB Leipzig at Etihad Stadium.

In a post on social media on Thursday, Ake said his father Moise passed away later that evening.

"I know you're always with me, you will always be in my heart and this one was for you, dad," he wrote on Instagram.

"The past few weeks have been the toughest of my life, my dad has been very ill and there was no more treatment possible. I was lucky to have a lot of support from my fiancé, family and friends.

"Yesterday after a difficult time I scored my first Champions League goal, and only a few minutes after he passed away peacefully with my mum and brother by his side.

"Maybe it was meant to be, watching me play always made him proud and happy."

Ake, who began his career at Chelsea, has made 16 appearances for Manchester City since joining the club from Bournemouth for £40m in the summer of 2020.

He also has 22 caps for the Netherlands since making his international debut in 2017.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58588730

Mukina2.
Dominique.
Mynd44.
Seun

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nathan Ake : May your dad's soul Rest in Perfect Peace.

Accept our condolences from All of us @CHELSEA and @MANNA.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by chatinent: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
Indeed, life is a mist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by Kingcalls: 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
I guess he was overwhelmed with joy thst it gave him a heart attack...old hypertensive people should stop watching football or competitive sports...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by April4th(m): 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by xpressionx(m): 7:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
Pele bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by dawnomike(m): 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
He died a happy man I guess....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by longetivity(m): 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
Saw the sad news on his Facebook page today cry, RIP TO HIS DAD

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by paulolee(m): 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
rip to the man...the gee was on fire last nite

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by ojaysam25(m): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
He died a fulfill man R.i.p

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Manchester City Defender's Father Died Minutes After His First Champions League by effort1: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
post=105884701:

Another trash for the trash can

(1) (Reply)

Goaloong. Net / LIVE STREAMING: Manchester United Vs Aston Villa / How To Watch Tyson Fury Vs Wilder: Live Stream And TV Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.