Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

My Domestic Airport Design Project - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Domestic Airport Design Project (218 Views)

Kano State Uni Is Developing A Robot To Carry Out Domestic Chores / Dangote University Kano Develops Robot To Support Staff Domestic Work / Are You Troubled About Your Business Design Project? Look Inside Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Domestic Airport Design Project by jasharon11(f): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
My M.Sc 1 first semester design project was to design a Domestic Airport.

The next decision to make after choosing the aircraft size I was designing for was the Runway direction and length.

The aircraft determines the length of the runway.

I did this by studying the given site to determine the wind directions.

The North-East trade wind and South-West monsoon wind.

I made provisions for a meteorological station on the site that determines the wind direction at any take-off and landing time and communicates the information to the tower, who then informs the pilot at what ends of the runway to use for take-off and landing.

I also provided the Apron where the aircraft's are parked or serviced.

There were lots of facilities to provide for this transportation means. And I learnt a lot.

One of the things I learnt was that the aircraft has to go against the wind direction.

That means, if the wind is coming from the North-East direction, the pilot will use the South-West runway end for takeoff.

If he takes-off with the wind, the strong winds could blow it away, but being against the wind, creates the momentum it needs to rise above the ground.

While landing, it still goes against the wind to help break it's landing speed along the runway.

So, why are you waiting for everything to be in your favor before you take-off?

Why are you stuck in the Apron constantly servicing that idea?
Come out and take-off.

Peep the Site Plan and 3D draft, July, 2017.

© The Entrepreneurial Architect.

1 Like

Re: My Domestic Airport Design Project by SuperNova33: 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
I cut cap for you mama!!

More grease and more Grace.

This is fantastic.
Re: My Domestic Airport Design Project by jasharon11(f): 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
Thank you. @SuperNova33

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Answer Exam Questions In School. / UNIBEN Lecturer Rape Allegation Case Transferred To Police / Hearty Cheers As The Nigerian Vice President Arrives Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.