Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria (1483 Views)

54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria / APC Primaries Is Today, Which Of Our Entertainers Will Scale Through? / Actress Bukky Wright Also Joins Other Entertainers In Politics [see Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by BigB11(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2007
It's now officially confirmed that all the American entertainers that performed in Nigeria at the Annual Music ******** had an extremely unpleasant experience; infact most of them might not be returning any time soon.

1. One of Destiny Child group passed out while performing on the stage
2. Everything was late and mismanaged
3. Stage was put together at the last minute and was not equipped with all the necessary materials
4. Water supply was horrible, infact the entertainers had to use imported spring water to brush their teeth, while many were very reluctant to use our water to bathe.
5. Show was also delayed
6. The weather wasn't friendly, it was extremely hot and an alternate cooling method was not provided.

Singer Rihanna, originally from Barbados also stated that she thought things were bad and without organic structure at home (Barbados), but now her experience in Nigeria has changed the way she views things in Barbados

Shame, Shame and Shame!

It is time for Nigerians in Nigeria to make PERFECTION their number one priority in everything.
I'm sorry to inform you guys that without PERFECTION moving forward in Nigeria will be moving in circle.

I truly believe that embracing perfection would have reduced the deplorable experience of these people.

I was taught as a child that "It's either the best or nothing" "it's all about quality not quantity"
And most of the time the best doesn't necessarily mean pricey or costive; it's the state of mind of each and everyone of us.

We must embrace perfection in Nigeria or else Nigeria will remain retarded for many many years to come.
Our leaders should also vigorously promote perfection by showing great examples.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2007
(1) What's your source? (2) Is this related to the Second Thisday Music Festival?
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by Bankole01(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2007
Seun:

(1) What's your source? (2) Is this related to the Second Thisday Music Festival?

Who cares about source. Thisday is supposed to be a mega media outfit. If they cannot organise an event, too bad. Our stupid leaders went there to showcase their ignorance, wanting to take pictures with the foreign artists. They put on a big show of shame
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by Colonia(m): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2007
It was a very disgarecful event , i hope things turn around for good very soon.
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by denex: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2007
Nigerians are yet to even agree that humans can achieve perfection. They go about chanting "no man is perfect".

I've started thinking maybe Nigerians see Germans as gods.
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by Mamajama(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2007
When Paris Hilton showed up 6 hours late to open a night club in Vegas was she victimized, last year show was successful, BIGB! stop all this pessimistic post about my beloved country, something I wonder if you are from Venus. Have you ever been to a concert in the state? 98 percent of the artist are always late so what are you planning to achieve with this useless attention seeking post.
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by ph4life(m): 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2007
50 Cents on a radio station after leaving Nigeria in a hurry because of his crews little fracas with Eedris, called Nigeria a Jungle; I wonder who would not call Nigeria a Jungle. So far Shabba Ranks is the only artist that seems kind of happy to perform in Nigeria - 'cause he supposedly had 250,000 people there. what a payday, and besides he is Jamaican - not very different from Nigeria in some ways.
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2007
Mamajama:

When Paris Hilton showed up 6 hours late to open a night club in Vegas was she victimized, last year show was successful, BIGB! stop all this pessimistic post about my beloved country, something I wonder if you are from Venus. Have you ever been to a concert in the state? 98 percent of the artist are always late so what are you planning to achieve with this useless attention seeking post.

Like we hate Nigeria Please stop making excuses oh!  Whether George Bush showed up late for a G-8 conference has no bearing with our lack of professional ethics in Nigeria.  We must work on that!

ph4life:

50 Cents on a radio station after leaving Nigeria in a hurry because of his crews little fracas with Eedris, called Nigeria a Jungle; I wonder who would not call Nigeria a Jungle. So far Shabba Ranks is the only artist that seems kind of happy to perform in Nigeria - 'cause he supposedly had 250,000 people there. what a payday, and besides he is Jamaican - not very different from Nigeria in some ways.

If you look at "shaba" closely, you will know he is a Nigerian!  So he fits in there.  As for Nigeria being a "jungle"--- he he he he he grin  If the shoe fits----, then a jungle it is!!! Full of wild animals-----in human skins!!!! If the shoe does not fit according to Late Johnny Cokran (R.I.P.)  you must accquit!!!  So guilty by "jungle justice"!!!!!!

denex:

Nigerians are yet to even agree that humans can achieve perfection. They go about chanting "no man is perfect".

I've started thinking maybe Nigerians see Germans as gods.

That is a "MAMAJAMARIAN" thinking for you! tongue
Re: The Incredible Experience Of American Entertainers In Nigeria by BigB11(m): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2007
Oh yes, absolutely perfection can exist at higher level in Nigeria; only if my people are willing to take their time, put their heart and soul in everything they do and understand that money is not everything.
Nigerians are powerful, talented and naturally brilliant; with embracement of perfection in our society, believe me sky is the limit.

GLO CAF award is a typical example of perfection at its best in Africa.

I truly believe that we can do it and our nation will tremendously benefit from it.

(1) (Reply)

Bush Nightmare? / Another Tanker Explosion. / Firs Boss Laments Nigeria's Over-dependence On Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.