Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Beware Of This Email Hacking Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Email Hacking Scam (486 Views)

2 Lovers Arrested For Hacking Into NHIS Account, N60m Theft (photo) / Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P / Man High On Drugs Kills Himself After Hacking His Brother's Neck. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This Email Hacking Scam by LeoThaGreat(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
A person apparently with a catfish (fake) Facebook account sent me a friend request today pretending to be an attractive lady. I accepted the request after vetting the account, though something still felt off.
A little while after, this person sent me a "Hi", and since the person isn't an acquaintance, I chatted with a formal tone.
"She" then said she needed me to vote for her to win a beauty contest and sent the link below [DO NOT CLICK ON IT O!]
http://daum.net.global.prod.fastly.net/ZTNkMmE4NDA5ZTFiYjU4ODBiMDQ1Ng==/?type=x6&orders=780270444&auth=NjMyZDk1Nzk0MDQxMWViYmU4M2IxNg==

My research shows that this link is used in email hacking schemes and I'm posting this here to alert unsuspecting members of the public to be very careful, especially as internet fraudsters are getting more sophisticated every day.
Re: Beware Of This Email Hacking Scam by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 18, 2021
LeoThaGreat:
A person apparently with a catfish (fake) Facebook account sent me a friend request today pretending to be an attractive lady. I accepted the request after vetting the account, though something still felt off....

My research shows that this link is used in email hacking schemes and I'm posting this here to alert unsuspecting members of the public to be very careful, especially as internet fraudsters are getting more sophisticated every day.

Thanks for sharing

It's sad how much energy some people invest into defrauding their fellow humans...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Attacked Chris Emeka Azubogu Motorcade At Nnobi, Anambra State / Woman Tries To Escape Jail, Falls Through Ceiling Into A Trash Can VIDEO / Chinese Expatriates, Soldiers Brutalise Ogun Mechanic Over Missing Car Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.