Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

How To Promote Your Business - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Promote Your Business (146 Views)

NGO To Engage Radical Impartation Program To Promote Sdgs In Nigeria. / 5 Ways To Promote Your Business Online / How Much Do Nigerian Artists Spend To Promote A Track? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Promote Your Business by knowveshustler(m): 12:28am On Sep 18, 2021
Starting a business is no small feat.

there are a lot of things, you need to put into consideration, there's a thing called Capital, you would need it.

If you do not have minimum capital, just forget it, stick with your 9-5 job or better still ...... stay with your parents.

If you are serious and you have your capital down, then the next best thing to do is to understand that businesses are not run like they use to in the past, back then, folks I know would rush to open outlets in posh areas, some will say it is to attract clients, but then you have to think of reoccurring expenses like nepa bills, water bills, staff salaries, repairs, market strategy, FIRS, agberos ....... Omo and you have not even gotten your clients o; even when you do attract a paying customer, you would want to satisfy the customer, abi? why? so that they can refer more customers .... but let's be realistic, what are they odds that they would? even if they do, how long would it take before you begin to have the right amount of traction that you need? Are you ready to be that patient? don't get me wrong, patience remains a virtue, but patience is contextual and virtue is relative.

If you desire clients, you need to project a brand, a higher self that customers can look up to and derive not just satisfaction but also feel a sense of pride, a brand that customers can brag about. This is not rocket science .... or maybe it is for those who don't know smiley

Regardless, I think the next question now is, how does one build a brand? Maybe we should ask Ronaldo grin ... thanks to him Man U made millions from jersey sales... ..... cheesy but seriously though, how does one build a brand?

If this was the 30's and you were lucky to be born in the U.S of A, a stroll to Oliver Vincent barbershop in downtown Alabama for a clean cut would do some tricks with the ladies, clothe the body into a hand-me-down suit from the white man and you are ready to give your "I have a dream" speech grin but this is not the 30's now, or is it? And we are not in U.S.A now, or are we? We are in the 21st century and this is Nigeria.

Your best bet at branding (packaging if you like) is to have an online presence, I know it looks and sounds like nothing, but it is infact the shit. it is very simple, you either need it to ease your business flow, or you need it from a "nice to have" standpoint, most times in this Nigeria, the latter takes precedence, that's why people have Iphones, BMWs et al, tangible assets that help to build personal brands for individuals..... they know you don't know them that well, you don't know if they have had anything to eat that very day, but they also know that as long as they continue to project the larger than life persona, it will make you gravitate towards them ...... now imagine that from a business perspective.

That's all it is, projections.

Nothing projects your personal and/or business brand faster than a website or an app .... take it how you want it, but the moment you tell most people and/or clients you have a website, you are taken more seriously, of course there are social media platforms for promotions and all, but the thing about having your own thing is that it shows ......... Capacity ..... once you establish that you have capacity, it speaks to your ability to make things a reality grin you dey feel am?

There is not a single prominent brand, be it personal or business that does not own a website and/or mobile app ... take these words to church and you will find that the sermon I just preached is the Gospel.

Let me not go too far but guys, I know a little or two about branding, and with me on your side we can work towards building you or your business into a digital brand.

Reach out and lets chat, we can just talk about anything tech and /or business related.

I have to sign out now, but I would see you later .... Shalom kiss

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Minecraft Run Faster- Here The Simple Ways / Know Legal Advanced Method To Get Sim Location Check In Pakistan With Call Logs / Professional Private Detectives In Lahore For Secure Info Of Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.