Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. (1599 Views)

Ronaldo Should Protests If Messi Win This Year Baloon Do Or / Arteta: Balogun Must Fight For His Place / Do You Think C. Ronaldo Should Be Rested After This New Look. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Generaloj5: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ronaldo should know his place Keown said after touchline drama.
Arsenal legend Keown has stated that Cristiano Ronaldo should know his place after the antics against Young Boys in the Champions League.

The Portuguese star appear on the touchline along side Ole Gunner Solskjaer against Young Boys barking instructions to players.

Keown while speaking with the media says Ole Gunner Solskjaer should let Cristiano Ronaldo know his place.

He further stated that he believes that Solskjaer will deal with it in the right way but insist there is only one manage.

“He has to know his place, and he needs to take his seat,” Keown said.

“I’m pretty certain Solskjaer will deal with that in the right way, he may even encourage it, but there’s only one manager.

“I don’t think under Sir Alex Ferguson it would’ve got this far, maybe he would have actually mentioned it to him some time sooner.”

Source:https://sportscliffs.com/2021/09/18/keown-ronaldo-should-know-his-place/

2 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by mariahAngel(f): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
I think most English players (both former and current) are not happy with the amount of attention Ronaldo is getting (enjoying) in the EPL, and even with the fact that he’s back in the league (I dare say).
Most of them are jealous of him.

Agreed that Ronaldo can be very enthusiastic (and over ambitious if I might add) and could easily get carried away by his over enthusiasm to succeed, but all in all, he means well.
Wherever he goes, he always brings the winning factor/mentality, and Manchester United could use some of those at the moment.

9 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Lamasta(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
Keown should use that energy to advise arsenal so that they can start doing well

5 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Nbotee(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
mariahAngel:
I think most English players (both former and current) are not happy with the amount of attention Ronaldo is getting (enjoying) in the EPL, and even with the fact that he’s back in the league (I dare say).

Agreed that Ronaldo can be very enthusiastic (and over ambitious if I might add) and could easily get carried away by his over enthusiasm to succeed, but all in all, he means well.
Wherever he goes, he always brings the winning factor/mentality, and Manchester United could use some of those at the moment.

But is he wrong in what he has said? A player coming to bark instructions at players on the touchline with the coach undermines the coach irrespective of the players intention

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by mariahAngel(f): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nbotee:

But is he wrong in what he has said? A player coming to bark instructions at players on the touchline with the coach undermines the coach irrespective of the players intention

I think barking instructions is an exaggeration.
Not even Ronaldo will do that.
Making a suggestion would be more appropriate.

The English are known to overreact.

3 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by unbitchable(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

See what we have here, a fangirl with a typical mentality. "making a suggestion"- could he have been making a suggestion on how a player on the field should play?
The same old fraud did disgustingly something similar on the touch line during the Euro finals when Portugal played against France. He was on the touch line screaming at his teammates like an hungry fox. He did absolutely nothing on the pitch till he feigned a fake injury and then started using useless energy on the touch line.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by unbitchable(m): 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Alex Ferguson would have given the old fraud a dressing room drier. I warned ManUtd fans that the old fraud was coming to lower the standards of the club. Who does that?.. Couldn't dare such at Madrid and Juve.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Natural441(m): 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

This is not about hate,read what that guy said again two coach can never be in team yes,if you look at the young boys and man.u match after Ronaldo was replaced he supposed sit down but instead he came to the field line and start pointing fingers like a coach, which doesn't normal,I know he can't try that with Gaurdiola or Mourinho

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2021
grin grin
U sound pained
unbitchable:

See what we have here, a fangirl with a typical mentality. "making a suggestion"- could he have been making a suggestion on how a player on the field should play?
The same old fraud did disgustingly something similar on the touch line during the Euro finals when Portugal played against France. He was on the touch line screaming at his teammates like an hungry fox. He did absolutely nothing on the pitch till he feigned a fake injury and then started using useless energy on the touch line.

4 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by OSDD(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
unbitchable:

A 50 year old Ronaldo is more profitable than you at any stage of your life....

4 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by OSDD(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
unbitchable:
Alex Ferguson would have given the old fraud a dressing room drier. I warned ManUtd fans that the old fraud was coming to lower the standards of the club. Who does that?.. Couldn't dare such at Madrid and Juve.

You're bitching

4 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by unbitchable(m): 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
OSDD:

A 50 year old Ronaldo is more profitable than you at any stage of your life....
You Ronaldo fangirls are the problems of modern football. Football lost its old glory the day a fashion model found his way to dilute the beautiful world of football.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Miller232: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Very stupid set of people that's why their homegrown players never do well always overrated

2 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Great100000: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
I disagree with Ronaldo on this, he is a player not a coach, he should let Coach do his job and also do his own job as a player, I know he never try that Mourinho or Pep.... grin grin grin grin

Mourinho will tell him right away to sit down and even bench him next match and next and next and next.

Although I don't like Mourinho like before but what I still like about him is the disciplines.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Isacar(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2021
Great100000:
I disagree with Ronaldo on this, he is a player not a coach, he should let Coach do his job and also do his own job as a player, I know he never try that Mourinho or Pep.... grin grin grin grin

Mourinho will tell him right away to sit down and even bench him next match and next and next and next.

Although I don't like Mourinho like before but what I still like about him is the disciplines.
Mourinho no care whether u be star player ooh. But on a norms Ronaldo no suppose do dat nah, He should respect his coach, irrespective of anything.......... I view this as pride on Ronaldo's part...... U are a player just like others, If u wan advise frm touchline retire and fill for an assistant coach position.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Topzee109: 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
Fraud Ronaldo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by paulolee(m): 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
always want to be the center of attention...he was giving instructions asif he made use of any when he was on dt pitch..
all na show off bcoz assuming united won, his fans would all say it was bcoz of cr7 effect

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by paulolee(m): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

my guy, free English players for now n face d message instead of the messenger....what cr7 dis isnt right n cant be called over ambitious or ehusiasm.
he brings winning factor n mentality n i still dnt kno wat happened in his 3yrs with Juve dt d winning mentality no fit allow DM win UCL..
it was so bad dt juve luckily qualified for UCL on d last match of the season, winning mentality indeed....my gee, football isn't an individual sports n dt only apply in boxing n tennis or d others..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by mariahAngel(f): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
paulolee:

my guy, free English players for now n face d message instead of the messenger....what cr7 dis isnt right n cant be called over ambitious or ehusiasm.
he brings winning factor n mentality n i still dnt kno wat happened in his 3yrs with Juve dt d winning mentality no fit allow DM win UCL..
it was so bad dt juve luckily qualified for UCL on d last match of the season, winning mentality indeed....my gee, football isn't an individual sports n dt only apply in boxing n tennis or d others..

Every regular visitor of sports section on nairaland know you don't like Ronaldo, so I doubt you can look at things from a fair point of view when it comes to Ronaldo.

The thing is Ronaldo has the kind of personality that is hard for people to understand, so they tend to judge him harshly and unfairly, even though he means well.
Sometimes, he can't help but impose his "opinion" if he thinks that'll help the team win (it is part of who he is), and as long as they win, that is what really matters.

The truth is the world doesn't like people like Ronaldo who's got minds of their own and are not afraid to voice their opinion.
They'd rather like people like Messi who they like to define as "humble", who is actually timid.

3 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by paulolee(m): 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Every regular visitor of sports section on nairaland know you don't like Ronaldo, so I doubt you can look at things from a fair point of view when it comes to Ronaldo.

The thing is Ronaldo has the kind of personality that is hard for people to understand, so they tend to judge him harshly and unfairly, even though he means well.
Sometimes, he can't help but impose his "opinion" if he thinks that'll help the team win (it is part of who he is), and as long as they win, that is what really matters.

The truth is the world doesn't like people like Ronaldo who's got minds of their own and are not afraid to voice their opinion.
They'd rather like people like Messi who they like to define as "humble", who is actually timid.
this Is not even cr7 vs messi aguement...its about disrespecting ole n backing instructions to his fellow player asif he is a player coach n dts bad...it simply means ole isnt fit for the job or lacking d Motivational skills to move his players
he did same with Portugal at dt euros finals n even mou blasted him for showing lack of respect to dt Portugal coach..
cr7 cnt do same to coaches like mou, pep or even tuchel bcox such coaches command enough respects..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Kingcalls: 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Arsenal player leave arsenal and arteta wey de struggle...put mouth for man u and Ronaldo mata....the truth is that alot of football players and coaches are sooooo jealous of Ronaldo...they condemn whatever he does and promotes everything messi does...if Ronaldo was the one at PSG with a slow start...u will hear , goal.com, espn, past football players and coaches flood the news condemning him saying stuff like PSG dont need him... all they are waiting for is for Ronaldo to fail...but they still get confused on how he still manages to shame them... when Gary Neville said in his opinion Ronaldo is the greatest ever, carragher dint even allow him to finish , if u see the hatred in his eyes and he rebuked Gary, Gary was even surprised like why is this y getting so vexed on top my opinion....if Messi gets half criticism like Ronaldo, he wud hv run bk to Argentina... if Messi has achieved what Ronaldo has, it wud hv been cased closed

2 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Kingcalls: 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
paulolee:

this Is not even cr7 vs messi aguement...its about disrespecting ole n backing instructions to his fellow player asif he is a player coach n dts bad...it simply means ole isnt fit for the job or lacking d Motivational skills to move his players
he did same with Portugal at dt euros finals n even mou blasted him for showing lack of respect to dt Portugal coach..
cr7 cnt do same to coaches like mou, pep or even tuchel bcox such coaches command enough respects..

U are a troll and Ronaldo hater...no one takes ur opinion seriously these days...u don cast grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by JohnnyPalmer: 12:04am On Sep 19, 2021
Kingcalls:
Arsenal player leave arsenal and arteta wey de struggle...put mouth for man u and Ronaldo mata....the truth is that alot of football players and coaches are sooooo jealous of Ronaldo...they condemn whatever he does and promotes everything messi does...if Ronaldo was the one at PSG with a slow start...u will hear , goal.com, espn, past football players and coaches flood the news condemning him saying stuff like PSG dont need him... all they are waiting for is for Ronaldo to fail...but they still get confused on how he still manages to shame them... when Gary Neville said in his opinion Ronaldo is the greatest ever, carragher dint even allow him to finish , if u see the hatred in his eyes and he rebuked Gary, Gary was even surprised like why is this y getting so vexed on top my opinion....if Messi gets half criticism like Ronaldo, he wud hv run bk to Argentina... if Messi has achieved what Ronaldo has, it wud hv been cased closed

You go just open mouth wah dey talk nonsense

What has Ronaldo achieved that Messi hasn't?

Hope you know Messi has more individual and collective awards than Ronaldo grin

1 Like

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Kingcalls: 12:20am On Sep 19, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

You go just open mouth wah dey talk nonsense

What has Ronaldo achieved that Messi hasn't?

Hope you know Messi has more individual and collective awards than Ronaldo grin

Ronaldo has more champions league titles than messi
Ronaldo has the world record as international top scorer
Ronaldo has the highest goals in history of champions league
Ronaldo has won league titles in the top 3 European leagues
Ronaldo has won top scorer in the top 3 European leagues
Ronaldo has the record of highest goals in club football
Ronaldo has more international titles than messi
Ronaldo has won European golden boot in 2 different leagues
Ronaldo has the record of 17 goals in a season of champions league, he is also 2nd with 16 in a season and joint third with Lewandowski with 15
Ronaldo scored a hat trick in a world Cup game against a former champion
Ronaldo has scored in every single tournament that he has featured in....
I can go on and on

I feel u meesi clowns are sooo deluded...is it that u guys live in another world ??

2 Likes

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by OJEEMAH(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2021
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo has the record of 17 goals in a season of champions league, he is also 2nd with 16 in a season and joint third with Lewandowski with 15
I can go on and on

I feel u meesi clowns are sooo deluded...is it that u guys live in another world ??

Messi has 6 European Golden Boot......Ronaldo (4)

Messi has 6 Balon D'ors.........Ronaldo (5)

Messi has an unbeatable record of (50) goals in Europe Top Leagues in one season compare to Ronaldo's (48) same year.

Messi has a record of scoring 91goals in a Calender year compare to Ronaldo's (69) same year.

Messi has highest goal scored in one season (73) compare to Ronaldo's (63) same year

Messi has World Cup Golden Ball.

Messi has (10) league titles compare to Ronaldo's (7).

Messi is the only player in UCL history to score 5 goals in one match
(4 goals in one match against Arsenal)
(5 goals in one match against Leverkusen).

Messi has more Player of the Tournament Award combine (World Cup, Copa America, Olympics, Leagues & UCL).

If you consider UNL a recognized Int'l title then Messi has 2 as well (Copa America & Olympics)

Messi has highest assist in football history.

Ronaldo has won leagues in 3 Countries but Messi has won titles in 3 different continent
(Europe, South America & Asia)

At the bolded, when did it become a record?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Kingcalls: 6:34am On Sep 19, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Messi has 6 European Golden Boot......Ronaldo (4)

Messi has 6 Balon D'ors.........Ronaldo (5)

Messi has an unbeatable record of (50) goals in Europe Top Leagues in one season compare to Ronaldo's (48) same year.

Messi has a record of scoring 91goals in a Calender year compare to Ronaldo's (69) same year.

Messi has highest goal scored in one season (73) compare to Ronaldo's (63) same year

Messi has World Cup Golden Ball.

Messi has (10) league titles compare to Ronaldo's (7).

Messi is the only player in UCL history to score 5 goals in one match
(4 goals in one match against Arsenal)
(5 goals in one match against Leverkusen).

Messi has more Player of the Tournament Award combine (World Cup, Copa America, Olympics, Leagues & UCL).

If you consider UNL a recognized Int'l title then Messi has 2 as well (Copa America & Olympics)

Messi has highest assist in football history.

Ronaldo has won leagues in 3 Countries but Messi has won titles in 3 different continent
(Europe, South America & Asia)

At the bolded, when did it become a record?

Get the 4k out of my mention and stop quoting me
Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by OJEEMAH(m): 6:44am On Sep 19, 2021
Kingcalls:

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by paulolee(m): 7:44am On Sep 19, 2021
Kingcalls:

lolz...my belle o...my boss de always sabi fire you with facts n stats...jus se as u jus disgrace urself online..
u de list records, de call hatrick against w world champion asif messi never score hattrick agains Brazil wey win world cup pass
u saying cr7 have more records n awards than messi means ur sentimental reasoning no de allow u think....
Leo wey get more trophies n awards pass cr7 o, cr7 wey dey on 5th ballon d or against the highest winner of ballon d or...
now dey don gv u small fire n u don vex....eehya, sorry bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by paulolee(m): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin grin
my oga...i soo love d way u de enter dt clown....I don tire for am n maybe I go leave am for u to keep schooling him until he knows d meaning of constructive criticism..
I shock wen i heard him saying" wat cr7 has achieved, messi cnt" forgetting say dier normal talk na asking Leo to win a country cup which he has done..
comparing a player dt started football 2 years younger n have achieved more both individually and trophy wise than the other is total insanity....
all d records he listed were just goals n I even off wen he list hattrick against spain as a record.....people daft for dis life o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by Kingcalls: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2021
paulolee:

lolz...my belle o...my boss de always sabi fire you with facts n stats...jus se as u jus disgrace urself online..
u de list records, de call hatrick against w world champion asif messi never score hattrick agains Brazil wey win world cup pass
u saying cr7 have more records n awards than messi means ur sentimental reasoning no de allow u think....
Leo wey get more trophies n awards pass cr7 o, cr7 wey dey on 5th ballon d or against the highest winner of ballon d or...
now dey don gv u small fire n u don vex....eehya, sorry bro

I told him to gtfo and I wud never respond to him after he insulted my father...I take things like that seriously...if I insult u , insult me bk , don't bring my family into it...its not because we are online arguing , that a fool like him will insult my father.. . If he dared tried that in my face , I will make sure he sleeps in a police cell for 48 hrs, and no one will save him...

Now bk to what u said...messi scored a Hattrick in a friendly game with Brazil and not a competitive game... I was specific in my mention ... most of u messi fans are not grounded with information, u don't research, that u all think Messi is the greatest...I repeat, Messi is the most overrated player in history of football... Chile is the biggest team he has ever scored in any International cup competition in his career ... u guys said he will win 7th balon dor grin... he wasn't the best last season and is not the best this year... u keep on saying he has a better individual stat this year.... now look below and see y I said Lewandowski deserves balon dor and not messi...copa as his only main trophy is not good enough.... Lewandowski won the Bundesliga, European golden boot and he is the top scorer this year in all competitions... he is not even among top 3 , but u guys claimed he has the best stats this year by goals .... another lie by messi minions

Re: Keown: Ronaldo Should Know His Place. by JohnnyPalmer: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2021
Kingcalls:

I can go on and on

You are the deluded one

Sadly you don't understand English

What has he achieved/won that Messi hasn't

Not number of times

If you count Nations league as International Trophy then Messi has more.. [Olympics and Super Copa]

If I list Messi achievements in the manner you did... Your Tears will fill this thread

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2009 / "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. / Real Madrid Finally Signs Gareth Bale Just Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.