Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Why Do People Love Clinton? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Love Clinton? (3511 Views)

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Bill Clinton Bowing Down For Obama [PIC] / Do You Know That The Bible Explains Why White People Love Dogs Malachi 1 Vs 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Why Do People Love Clinton? by doyin13(m): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2007
It seems it is not only Naija that the political minds are upside down.

I wonder how a sexual philanderer who had no major policy impact to speak of could inspire such devotion.

And I hear he is doing great charity work in Africa. That same Africa where he ordered bombings when President to take attention away from his troubles at home.

I guess a handsome face and sweet tongue can get you anything.

Now his wife wants to become President.

God save us.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by Seun(m): 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2007
When you compare him to someone like George Bush, Bill Clinton is an absolute saint, angel, and holy prophet.
He may have been disgraced by Monica Lewinsky, but he did not brand her a terrorist and bomb her town. wink
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by doyin13(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2007
But at least Bush has convictions.

It would have been easy for him to pull out of Iraq as shit has hit the fan.

I may not agree with his principles but at least he has some.

Clinton's principles on the other hand are two a penny.

Faced with a similar situation in Somalia, he could not get out fast enuff. And u know how the story over there,
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by champredd(m): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2007
why? because he's a democrat, he can sweet talk.
Democrats will say I won't f##k you but they will, unlike republicans who will tell the people we will f##k you and they will, Bush already warn during campaigns that if need be he will invade Iraq, abo oro  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  cool
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by Seun(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2007
Bill Clinton is the best you can expect from a politician. The problem is with politics, not Bill. How can they be honest, when people like to listen to lies? At least, a man like Bill Clinton knows when to back down.

A man like G W Bush doesn't care what you feel about him. He's going to bomb your home and sacrifice your babies if "God" (I.e. Cheney & co) tells him to. A politician with such 'conviction' is extremely dangerous.

But at least Bush has convictions.
You know who else had convictions? Hitler. And see how that turned out. Politicians should be listeners. They should align their 'convictions' with the will of the people. Liars are better than mass murderers.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by doyin13(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2007
That is the thing about convictions especially when people with power have them

They portend changes. They don't leave their environments unchanged.

Those without convictions on the other hand and simply reduce politics to a level of appearance, and base their decisions on any way the wind blows leave static societies.

That they should align their decisions to the will of the ppl. That would be alright if we can determine what the will of the ppl is.

The only way we can determine that is if we have a daily plebiscite but that is neva going to happen.

So in the interim between elections, we must let and trust our politicians to do what we elected them to do- Make Decisions.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2007
We elected them to help us maintain law and order in the land. To keep criminals at bay.

With the current state of technology, there is no reason why we cannot become more involved in governance. We are not babies; we do not need them making decisions for us that will cost us our precious lives.

They are our employees, and they are there for us, not vice versa. They should listen and follow our wishes.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by MILITIA(f): 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2007
Seun:

When you compare him to someone like George Bush, Bill Clinton is an absolute saint, angel, and holy prophet.
He may have been disgraced by Monica Lewinsky, but he did not brand her a terrorist and bomb her town. wink

Seun:

Bill Clinton is the best you can expect from a politician. The problem is with politics, not Bill. How can they be honest, when people like to listen to lies? At least, a man like Bill Clinton knows when to back down.

A man like G W Bush doesn't care what you feel about him. He's going to bomb your home and sacrifice your babies if "God" (I.e. Cheney & co) tells him to. A politician with such 'conviction' is extremely dangerous.
You know who else had convictions? Hitler. And see how that turned out. Politicians should be listeners. They should align their 'convictions' with the will of the people. Liars are better than mass murderers.

Seun:

We elected them to help us maintain law and order in the land. To keep criminals at bay.

With the current state of technology, there is no reason why we cannot become more involved in governance. We are not babies; we do not need them making decisions for us that will cost us our precious lives.

They are our employees, and they are there for us, not vice versa. They should listen and follow our wishes.

PREACH IT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BROV!  PREACH IT!

@Topic

We love him too because he "smokes the best cuban cigar" even better than John Wayne!!!!! wink
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by denex: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2007
Bill Clinton is nice to the sight. He looks sincere, has a lot of charisma and he's an ordinary man. He never sat on some high horse and try to look down on his electorate.

The man is a real politician. He was open to ideas and change and was not particularly fixated on anything.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by doyin13(m): 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2007
Its a thin line btw being open minded on one hand and being for want of a better word convictionless.

He reminds me so much of Naija politicos albeit a better looking one.

Seun:

But technology will not unify all our views into one. A politician has to stand for one position and not try to appease every single position, and when he find out he can't, takes the position of least resistance or does nothing at all.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by doyin13(m): 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2007
the above post shows how IT illiterate i am.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2007
Bill Clinton is Charismatic. As for the Monica Lewinsky episode, He made a mistake yet Americans forgave him. He had better social welfare policies.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by shango(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2007
Bush supporters have so lost it that the best they can say is he is a man of his convictions?

You Bushes are out of this world. Bush is a murdering scumbag that should be impeached and then tried at the Hague. He has subverted the constitution more than all other former US presidents combined using signing statements to nullify Legislative laws passed by Congress. He instuted illegal unconstitutional wiretaps. He gave a thumbs up to Brownie and thousands died after Katrina hit. He claims he is a born again christain and proceeds to wage a murderous war simply for profit, hiring bussinesses that he has stock and vested interests in (Kellog Brown, All major oil companies, Halliburton, Black Water, ) the list in endless.

G.W. Bush is a scumbag. You might not like Clinton but no sane person can say he likes Bush or Bush has any redeeming qualities. You talk about convictions? How about his religious convictions. You think Christ would have waged an unprovoked war (The 911 terrorits where not Iraqi but mostly Saudi Arabian, how come not one Saudi Arabian has been punished for 911?), you think Christ would have sat back as thousands drowned in Katrina? You think Christ would veto bills that provide healthcare to our children claiming it is better their parents buy it from the private sector even though they cannot afford it. Or promise 3 billion for the poor in the Faith Initiative he started only to not fund it for even 1 billion dollars? You think Christ, the healer of the sick would approve torture of individuals?

Bush is the epitome of a convictionless asshole. There is not one thing he promised the American people he delivered on. Even his most flaunted conviction of being a religious born again christain is 100% false. There is not one thing this guy has done that warrants him being able to call himself a born again christain. If Bush is a true born again christian then christianity is no better than the radical moslem fundamentalism of Osama Bin Laden/
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by Mandora(f): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2007
As hard as it may b 4 u 2 accept it, there is no perfect person. I personally think Clinton is a great president if 4 nothing 4 keeping d tension in d Middle East 2 a minimal level. Something George Bush wld never b able 2 acheive. Sometimes, I wonder if Iraq wld ever knw peace
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by denex: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2007
We're all tired of this JUDGE Bush of a guy. In his first coup, when his regime took over the White House, the whole of Europe was crying but we couldn't understand why.

Anyway, this thread is a beautiful garden of "Why People Love Clinton". Let's not allow Bush to infiltrate such a lovely garden.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by angel101(f): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2007
Clinton is an excellent politician, leader, and human being. Charismatic, a wonderful orator, humanitarian, i can do on and on. If his only crime was the Monica Lewinsky scandal, then he scores 100% in my book!
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by champredd(m): 10:23am On Jul 23, 2007
angel101:

Clinton is an excellent politician, leader, and human being. Charismatic, a wonderful orator, humanitarian, i can do on and on. If his only crime was the Monica Lewinsky scandal, then he scores 100% in my book!
His crimes is not only Monica. It includes genocide in Rwanda, allowing IBB to annul the most free and fair election in Nigeria, while lying to Abiola that he would support him.
In actual fact, Africa has it too bad during Clinton era.

The joint BB era (Bush and Blair) had done more for Africa than any other regime in the West.

The Middle East is not my problem.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by shango(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2007
everything I said about bush enhances why Clinton is a great president. Sometimes greatness comes from things you can do but you choose not do do.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by shango(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2007
dont be a mumu, what has Bush or his lackey Blair done for Africa?

You talk about Rawanda? What about Dafur? Where our Black brethren are being slaughtered by the thousands. Bush could sanction their government and press them to stop the genocide yet he has done nothing.

Again you Bushies most be smoking something potent to think Bush is anything but a scumbag. Why Nigerians support him more than even his own people (Americans, he has a 30% approval rating) is beyond me.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by desgiezd(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2007
The advent of George Bush has further enhanced the image of Bill Clinton. One can see the losses America is suffering daily in Iraq and yet Bush is still not convinced about the futility of the Iraq adventure. Bill Clinton achieved balanced budgeting during his tenure, unfortunately America reverted to budget deficit shortly after the Republicans took over. Bill Clinton is a far more presentable and likeable president. An orator who would hold you spell-bound. A man that was loved not only in America but in many parts of the world, Nigeria inclusive. If other American preseidents have commited the Monica Lewinsky error, they would have been impeached but for Clinton, they forgave him. I guess the pros far outweigh the cons. Bill Clinton, simpy, is an enigma. I love him.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by denex: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2007
@champredd

you cannot blame Clinton for what IBB or Abacha did in Nigeria don't take that expression "world police" too far. It doesn't mean they should go into everybody's kitchen.

Don't be deceived the US Doesn't owe Africa or the world any policing services. They go to where their interest is threatened.

If you are aware of Operation Gothic Serpent (the battle of Mogadishu), you will realise the massive loss the US sustained. That was when they accepted that their army did not understand African warfare. That was why they didn't enter Liberia, and that was why they didn't want to enter Rwanda. And that was why they didn't want to bother Nigeria.

So Clinton is even a better politician by prevent other strife the he would have definitely lost.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by champredd(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2007
The war in Iraq is not lost, I do believe that, just wait and see.
And Darfur (or Sudan) problem as a whole has been there for some time, Bill did nothing about it. Bush had imposed sanctions on Sudan as well as pressuring China to influence their Coconut head Arab President, and its working.

Bush had used sanctions more effectively in North Korea as well. Clinton achieve nothing in that area.

As per Africa we have gained more during Bush regime. Economic growth, entrenchment of democracy, etc.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by angel101(f): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2007
champredd:

His crimes is not only Monica. It includes genocide in Rwanda, allowing IBB to annul the most free and fair election in Nigeria, while lying to Abiola that he would support him.
In actual fact, Africa has it too bad during Clinton era.

The joint BB era (Bush and Blair) had done more for Africa than any other regime in the West.

The Middle East is not my problem.

I hope you're joking.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by denex: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2007
@champredd

Are you saying it is good for a President like JUDGE Bush to create problems that he would solve than for a President like Bill Clinton to not solve problems he didn't create?

Please let me understand your philosophy. You talk of Sanctions. Had sanctions not been imposed on Nigeria? Did those sanctions remove Abacha or did they further impoverish the masses?
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by champredd(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2007
That's what am saying Clinton's sanction don't work like Bush's. Because Bush back it up with action, he's an action leader and he has clear objective.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by Seun(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2007
Hitler was an action leader, and so was Idi Amin Dada. Mugabe is also an action leader. (Negative actions!)
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by champredd(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2007
Action defers in their ramifications, intents and objectives.
Most of Bush actions so far, I support them.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by Seun(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2007
Obviously, we do not support those actions. We do not support the warrantless destruction of people's lives just because they are Arabs. We (good people) do not support playing politics with human lives.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by champredd(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2007
Seun:

Obviously, we do not support those actions. We do not support the warrantless destruction of people's lives because they happen to be Arabs. We do not support playing politics with innocent lives.
Bush can't be compared with Clinton by all standards.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by MILITIA(f): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2007
champredd:

Bush can't be compared with Clinton by all standards.

You mean by any standard!!!!!!!! wink
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by denex: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2007
@champredd

let me tell you why Bush can easily solve the problems he's tackling WHEN/IF he wants to. Because he caused the problems.

He agitated North Korea and Iran by ganging them among his "axis of evil" and setting aside all previous peaceful agreements they had. He can as well restore all those agreements and name them the axis of good and everything will come back to normal.

The man started the was in Iraq and completely vandalized infrastructure and caused religious differences in Iraq. He can turn things about by engaging in rapid infrastructural development (as rapidly as he destroyed them: 4 months), and ending his campaign and support for groups along religious borders i.e: Shias are the bad guys, Sunnis are cool, Kurds are our allies.

Then letting the Iraqis form their own type of government as regards their culture and tradition (that is what true democracy is) rather than trying to build them a White House.

He can also apologise for the lies about the nuclear weapons and also apologise for allowing Al Qaeda infiltrate a previously terrorist-free country.

The man knows how to solve the problems he created because he created them.

He knows how to reduce to price of crude oil back to $25 per barrel because he knows how he got it up there. He can start by ending the Iraqi war, restoring strained diplomatic relations with saudi (caused by the buccal machine gun, Donald Rumsfeld), restore calm with Iran and Venezuela, stop arming the terrorists in the Gulf of Guinea.

JUDGE Bush knows exactly what he's doing by keeping oil prices up. If you don't know then you should realise that he became a multi-millionaire with his oil company during the first Gulf War that brought severe rise in Crude Oil prices. Then immediately the war ended, the company crashed. So all this is just a grand effort to become a multi-billionaire, therefore keep oil prices high for as long as possible, then sell of shares in oil companies at the end of it all. It's a self-serving personally profitting agenda. The US or world has nothing to do with it.
Re: Why Do People Love Clinton? by champredd(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2007
When you hear about government interests, it means people in power, not necessarily the interest of the general public. Many people are linking the war in Iraq with business interests, but I do believe that there are other reasons that may not be visible now.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Father's Land Vs Birth Land / How Do I Join Rotary Club In Gbagada Lagos / Boko Haram Bombings: Igbos Flee Kano Print

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.