Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,473 members, 7,823,103 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

How To Write A Police Statement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Write A Police Statement (286 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write A Police Statement by OpatolaEsq: 12:12am On Sep 20, 2021
How to write a Police Statement.

Opatola Victor Esq.
adeopatola@gmail.com
0904 181 5408

As Lawyer, my eyes don see many things. I have seen cases where some Police officers write confessional Statement and threaten the suspect to sign it.

��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️.....some Police officers will tell you to just write what they say and once you write as they dictate to you they promise not to charge you to Court. Some police blatantly beat confessional Statement out of the suspect.

Never ever underestimate the effect of Police Statement. Especially if it incriminates the writer, because it can be used as evidence to convict you in Court.

Insist on having your Lawyer present when writing a Police Statement or interrogation.

You must understand that it is your right to have your Lawyer present while writing your Statement, in some states when you demand for your Lawyer before writing a statement and the police refuses, then it may be a ground to dismiss the confessional Statement as a whole.

Insist on having your Lawyer.
Don't be shy or timid, before you timidly incriminate your self and timidly enter prison.

Below are what to do before writing a confessional statement:

1. Insist on having your Lawyer present before writing your statement or before police interrogation. Why, it serves as incentive for Police to act according to the Law, it curtails the use of force or threat by the Police.

2. Calm down, don't allow anybody rush you and don't rush yourself into writing a confessional Statement. Think before even writing anything. Whatever you write can land you prison or help you out of a court case, so be calm and think twice before writing anything.

3. Be brief. No verbosity. The devil is in the details. Don't give unnecessary story. If a petition was written against you, address only the salient points in the petition.

The police can also ask you some questions when you are writing your statement, think twice before answering and writing it too.

4. Never leave space when writing your statement. No paragraph. You write from line to line.

Why?

This is to ensure that no other person can include anything in your statement after you have written it and gone.

5. Your statement is called your statement because it is your statement, because it is your story and nobody should dictate what you know or what you remember and don't remember.

What you don't know or remember should be written as what you don't remember. Sometimes, some Police will want to force you to write what you don't remember or what you don't know, don't try it.

6. Write important dates and facts.

4 Likes

Re: How To Write A Police Statement by chatinent: 12:25am On Sep 20, 2021
May I ask a question?

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Police Statement by iknowexperts: 4:13am On Sep 20, 2021
Excellent information Op.

Statement is very important o.

No one should joke with writing a police Statement. Because you can incriminate yourself without even knowing. And your lawyer might not even be able to help you.

Most times police officers don't have a case and can't charge you to court without a Statement.

That's why they try different tactics to CARELESSLY get you to write one.

1 Like

Re: How To Write A Police Statement by Angrygoat: 5:41am On Sep 20, 2021
Story,after writing m statement about half page,my stolen phone was still not found,I had to extort them of my own money 3months later

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know If You Love Helping People / New Superman Series Could Undermined Family Virtues / Preacher Get's Told To Leave The Country For His Beliefs (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.