Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Nin Wahala - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nin Wahala (1855 Views)

Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2021
Good afternoon nairalanders, I don't know if this is the right section to post this but anyway.
I have been having this issue with my bank (first bank) concerning KYC i.e my bank was frozen cos more than 100k was transferred into it as it was opened as a student account. After getting to the bank they told me to get NEPA bill, NIN and passport photograph, I then had to go for capturing cos I didn't have my NIN.
After capturing they gave me a slip and said I should come the next week for the NIN, I went there the next week and they told me it wasn't ready that I should come in a month time, I got there today and the guy is telling me it is not still ready that I should come for recapturing, I was really annoyed cos my bank account is still frozen I can't access my money in it
First bank isn't helping matters at all
I don't know if anyone has any idea of what I should do cos I'm really frustrated right now

cc: mynd44 dragnet help push to front page
Re: Nin Wahala by chatinent: 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
So you need amadioha to tell you they wanted you to bribe them?

Seems you just arrived Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nin Wahala by Pierocash(m): 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2021
I once helped a business young girl with 250k into her account, unknown to me and her that the account was a student account. The account was frozen, after nin started to frustrate her,I had to give her another 25k for drives license,that was her saving grace.

Go get a driver's license and solve the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Nin Wahala by HillarySnow: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2021
Pierocash:
I once helped a business young girl with 250k into her account, unknown to me and her that the account was a student account. The account was frozen, after nin started to frustrate her,I had to give her another 25k for drives license,that was her saving grace.

Baba bless me na. I want to buy website hosting for my affiliate marketing project.
Re: Nin Wahala by BrightAhiah(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2021
Pierocash:

1 Like

Re: Nin Wahala by Idiotmod: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2021
Dem go allow you withdraw on counter na. Access go allow you withdraw for counter.
Go show craze for them joor, dem dey craze

1 Like

Re: Nin Wahala by icetrimz: 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Options

1. Go back to the NIN office, meet an official and expound why you needed your NIN asap. You can chip in how you're a student and only got about 5k with you if they'll be needing it to accelerate things up

2. Head back to the bank, communicate a request to close your account to the customer care. You can cry and make sure to let them know that you are not "doing again". They'll hand over your funds to you ( You can go with a cutlass to make the agent act faster )

*Goodluck*

3 Likes

Re: Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2021
chatinent:

Some people collected theirs today without bribe
I don't know why mine is different
Re: Nin Wahala by hansomb: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
thickkpomo:
Good afternoon nairalanders, I don't know if this is the right section to post this but anyway.
I have been having this issue with my bank (first bank) concerning KYC i.e my bank was frozen cos more than 100k was transferred into it as it was opened as a student account. After getting to the bank they told me to get NEPA bill, NIN and passport photograph, I then had to go for capturing cos I didn't have my NIN.
After capturing they gave me a slip and said I should come the next week for the NIN, I went there the next week and they told me it wasn't ready that I should come in a month time, I got there today and the guy is telling me it is not still ready that I should come for recapturing, I was really annoyed cos my bank account is still frozen I can't access my money in it
I don't know if anyone has any idea of what I should do cos I'm really frustrated right now

I went through same shit last month. It helps me to save a lot of money as I can deposit but can't recharge withdraw or transfer
Re: Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2021
Pierocash:

I don't even have up to 20k in d acct sef talkless of 25k grin
But it seems this driver's license is d best option o
Re: Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2021
Idiotmod:
Dem go allow you withdraw on counter na. Access go allow you withdraw for counter.
Go show craze for them joor, dem dey craze
first bank nor just dey help matters
Re: Nin Wahala by Flamees(m): 3:50am On Sep 21, 2021
chatinent:

1 Share

Re: Nin Wahala by Flamees(m): 3:51am On Sep 21, 2021
icetrimz:
Options

1. Go back to the NIN office, meet an official and expound why you needed your NIN asap. You can chip in how you're a student and only got about 5k with you if they'll be needing it to accelerate things up

2. Head back to the bank, communicate a request to close your account to the customer care. You can cry and make sure to let them know that you are not "doing again". They'll hand over your funds to you ( You can go with a cutlass to make the agent act faster )

*Goodluck*

Re: Nin Wahala by nani667: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2021
thickkpomo:

Had similar experience, few years ago.. mine was with GT bank... 40K was the limit on mine, and as soon as 40K entered they locked the account and asked that I bring the necessary documents to upgrade the account...

I resolved the issue very quickly in my case tho.. As I no kuku get Joy.. I didn't have NIN at the time, so I jejely told them to close the account.., you didn't use NIN to open the account so you don't require NIN to close it.. So OP this is a very quick solution for you - If you really need the money in the account urgently just tell them that you want to Close the account, they will ask you to write one letter to the manager, but at the end the account will be closed and they will give you all the money in the account, or you can chose to provide an account Number that they can transfer all the money into... So do this if you need the money in the account urgently..., if it is not urgent then you can decide to wait for your NIN, but that NIN will take forever to be ready, they will keep posting you... There is also the option of greasing some palms in the NIN office, that will fast track the NIN process
Re: Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 10:35am On Sep 21, 2021
nani667:

Had similar experience, few years ago.. mine was with GT bank... 40K was the limit on mine, and as soon as 40K entered they locked the account and asked that I bring the necessary documents to upgrade the account...

I resolved the issue very quickly in my case tho.. As I no kuku get Joy.. I didn't have NIN at the time, so I jejely told them to close the account.., you didn't use NIN to open the account so you don't require NIN to close it.. So OP this is a very quick solution for you - If you really need the money in the account urgently just tell them that you want to Close the account, they will ask you to write one letter to the manager, but at the end the account will be closed and they will give you all the money in the account, or you can chose to provide an account Number that they can transfer all the money into... So do this if you need the money in the account urgently..., if it is not urgent then you can decide to wait for your NIN, but that NIN will take forever to be ready, they will keep posting you... There is also the option of greasing some palms in the NIN office, that will fast track the NIN process
it seems I was already in your mind before you posted this
I just decided this morning I was going to close d account
I'm currently in d bank
I don't know why I didn't think of this long before now
Just imagine access bank student account can accept up to 4m first bank is just Bleep*d up
Thanks anyway
Modified- as for d NIN I've waited for a month plus just for NIN it really frustrating

1 Like

Re: Nin Wahala by nani667: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
thickkpomo:
it seems I was already in your mind before you posted this
I just decided this morning I was going to close d account
I'm currently in d bank
I don't know why I didn't think of this long before now
Just imagine access bank student account can accept up to 4m first bank is just Bleep*d up
Thanks anyway
Modified- as for d NIN I've waited for a month plus just for NIN it really frustrating

So how did the bank Journey go...?

Were you able to close the account ❓

1 Like

Re: Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
nani667:

So how did the bank Journey go...?

Were you able to close the account ❓
I wasn't able to close it today
I was able to fill d closure form
Then they said that there's a debit alert that haven't reflected yet
They said they'll call me once it reflects
I don't know if they're just doing this to frustrate me sha
Re: Nin Wahala by nani667: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
thickkpomo:

I wasn't able to close it today
I was able to fill d closure form
Then they said that there's a debit alert that haven't reflected yet
They said they'll call me once it reflects
I don't know if they're just doing this to frustrate me sha

Debit alert ke ❓

Did you perform any transaction on the account before they blocked it that hasn't reflected ❓and did you ask them what the debit alert is all about ❓ they should have been able to tell you the nature of the debit alert... Unless you did not ask undecided
Re: Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
nani667:

Debit alert ke ❓

Did you perform any transaction on the account before they blocked it that hasn't reflected ❓and did you ask them what the debit alert is all about ❓ they should have been able to tell you the nature of the debit alert... Unless you did not ask undecided
I actually carried out a transaction before it was blocked
I can't remember if the debit alert
reflected let's see how it goes
Re: Nin Wahala by nani667: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
thickkpomo:

I actually carried out a transaction before it was blocked
I can't remember if the debit alert
reflected let's see how it goes

You can always check your account via your bank app and confirm if there is still any pending debit...
Re: Nin Wahala by thickkpomo(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2021
nani667:

You can always check your account via your bank app and confirm if there is still any pending debit...
okay thanks

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 14 Leaks And Rumors – Everything We Know So Far About Apple’s New Iphone / How Is The Data Connection On The Carriers? / Iphone 6 Prototypes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.