Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? (786 Views)

Fayose Says He Will Only Support A Southern President In 2023 / 2023: We Insist On Southern President, Not Yoruba President –afenifere / 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by insidelife22(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2021
I thought since the North will have had their 8 years by 2023,power should go to the south.

or does it mean there is a hidden agenda,something they are not telling us.

pls I need anwsers.
Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by Felimax(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2021
Which answers are you looking for when the answers are clearly written everywhere.
If you were able to bear the first administration of this govt you try.
If you were able to bear it for a 2nd term and still survive it, you deserve an award.
If you are ready to do another 8 years of Northern rule you are a monumental fool.

They have a lot they are keeping from the general public and rest of Nigerians and are hell bent to ensure they complete their mission before it will be too late. The bad news is, it is too late already.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by illmatic101(m): 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
They know it's do me I do you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by Emergingnation(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2021
Total restructuring will take place if a southerner take over as the next president of this contraptions.

The on going VAT war has inflicted a lot of fear in them .
Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by henrysam(m): 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2021
They will. Cos they know the atrocities they have committed against the southern part off the country.
They will surely reap what they sowed.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by tommy589(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
Sometimes I imagine how the northerners would have been treated if the southerners were in control of political power since independence.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by Guide777(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
The miyetti Allah's Agenda has not been completed.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
Emergingnation:
Total restructuring will take place if a southerner over as the next president of this contraptions.

The on going VAT war has inflicted a lot of fear in them .

You got it 100%. Even the most docile Southerner understands the need to restructure Nigeria as a matter of urgency. We are in harm's way, physical and financial, if things continue like this. Some may even argue that this is the intention of some Northerners. I.e to ensure we are all poor, terrorised, unsafe and deprived as they are.

The truth Northerners will not like to hear is that most of their people have nothing to lose. Northerners constitute 87% of the poorest people in Nigeria and I would imagine majority of those are merely surviving and not living.

The South on the other hand has lost out immensely, and I mean immensely, as a result of Buhari's Presidency. We have gone backwards horribly and conceded advantages. This was not what we voted for.

Southern leaders are seething and every single one of them, except the most imbecilic, know that it is not enough for a southerner to be President for the sake of it.

The next Southern President must carry out the sort of basic and holistic restructuring that will ensure the South is never held to ransom again by Northern hegemonistic, over-bureacratic, dogmatic, archaic, change-resistive and inneficiently-centrist leadership outlook.

We all now accept we don't like each other. We are horribly and irredeemablly divided along ethnic, religious and sectional lines to the extent no one will ever patriotically put Nigeria first these days.
We are just using each other cynically , to various degrees, for what we can gain from Nigeria. That must stop.

Next best thing is then to put policies and initiatives in place that ensure everyone develops their corner of Nigeria as much as possible without impediment from others or the Federal Government. It is unfair some States and regions are being held back for the sake of "one Nigeria".

Those who want a backward and terrorised enclave, where religion plays an overbearing and intrusive role in societal life, can have it but must not be allowed to impede the growth and development of others. That is the future. Very sane nation share border with or are close to completely terrorised countries so nothing new.

All about autonomy of States and regions. No more leeching on others. No more robbing Peter to pay Paul. No more central security architecture that is a glorified avenue of corruption, inneficiency and gross failure.

That is the only possible future that can keep Nigeria from balkanization but it is also a future the North fears. That is why they are petrified of a Southern Presidency.
Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
insidelife22:
I thought since the North will have had their 8 years by 2023,power should go to the south.

or does it mean there is a hidden agenda,something they are not telling us.

pls I need anwsers.

More a case of a region petrified of the future in a restructured Nigeria. The North are desperate for a retention of the very archaic and destructive status quo killing Nigeria.

They know Southerners are fed up and desperately want a restructured Nigeria. We saw Amotekun, ban on open grazing, Rise of Igboho, Greater Oduduwa Republic agitation, Akeredolu's instruction to herdsmen to leave Ondo forest reserves etal. They are all face-offs against percieved oppression of the North more or less.

We are all seeing the VAT fight and that is only the beginning. Things have been 'stewing for a while. I just hope the North does the right thing sha because things are far more tense than the average Nigeria is aware of. Something has to give.
Re: Why Is The North Afraid Of A Southern President? by chrisxxx(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
Buhari has set a very bad precedent. Even Buhari is afraid of his shadow.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Orders Sit-at-home For October 1, No Nigerian Flag In South-east / [BREAKING] 2023: Umahi Meets Buhari, Declares Presidential Ambition / Dr Damages: Pastor Yemi Osibanjo Knows All About The Corruption In Alpha Beta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.