Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

I Was Saved (PHOTOS) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Was Saved (PHOTOS) (27999 Views)

How A 5-word Statement SAVED Me From Obesity / I Saved Time Using Food Processor For Slicing, Shredding And Blending / MEDIUM: The Tiny Parasitic Wasp That Saved An Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by MediMedi(m): 1:29am On Sep 21, 2021
Am awful incident that have not happen to me before.

Parboiled rice to the pot.....i hopped into bed for little relaxation after a hectic day in school, only to wake up by smoke in my room.

No lodge members noticed cause it was late.
ThankGOD, It was not morethan this.
Felt embarrassing

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by MediMedi(m): 1:38am On Sep 21, 2021
chatinent:
I thank God too.

By the way, I like your room.

..and why is the custard container you use to urinate at night close to the pot? ..and there is a dust bin too adjacent the pot.
The custard rubber is for collecting water to the kitchen, the dust-bin basket fit there

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by lilvicky68(m): 1:40am On Sep 21, 2021
Thank God..

Next time be more careful..

1 Like

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by MediMedi(m): 1:47am On Sep 21, 2021
lilvicky68:
Thank God..
Next time be more careful..
Yea... I can't relate what caused this
Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by lilvicky68(m): 1:48am On Sep 21, 2021
MediMedi:

Yea...
I can't relate what caused this
Stop cooking when you're tired..
If you Don tire leave food and sleep.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by MediMedi(m): 1:56am On Sep 21, 2021
lilvicky68:
Stop cooking when you're tired.. If you Don tire leave food and sleep.
true.....thank uuu

15 Likes

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by CandyOps(m): 2:22am On Sep 21, 2021
Always set an alarm when you have food or water heater on. And cook with low heat so in case it gets burnt it won't be much.

Student life lol

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by YeyeGbami: 2:40am On Sep 21, 2021
chatinent:
I thank God too.

..and why is the custard container you use to urinate at night close to the pot? ..and there is a dust bin too adjacent the pot.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by aktolly54(m): 2:42am On Sep 21, 2021
MediMedi:

true.....thank uuu
thats why having room mate is good, at least he can do some thing while you tired. Same thing happened to me while in school too, just beans I dey cook and try take small sleep the next thing that wake me up is The smoke of the burnt food

3 Likes

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Wawelexy(m): 3:11am On Sep 21, 2021
chatinent:
I thank God too.

So what's ur Biz with that, were u invited to eat the meal? Why can't u just look and move on if u have nothing good to say?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Cokahot: 7:09am On Sep 21, 2021
I can't forget mown,mine was just 2 eggs o,I was carried away by tv,then nepa took light I slept from 11 to 5am. So my cooking gas wasted and burnt the pot nd shels of the egg. 3 days later when I wan fry egg,na thrmy gas finish. The tin pain me cos I just filled up my gas cylinder a day b4 that happened. Since then once I don taya,na milo tins. Cold milo,I can't die of hunger just cos I no chop dinner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by illicit(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2021
I once boiled two eggs and slept off

The thing got burnt and the pot had somehow caught fire. I was cooking with gas o

The only person in the house that could have alerted me bolted and went to call my landlady at the church like five houses away.... Despite knowing that I was indoors

Before they arrived, I had put off the fire

Had the smoke not woke me, I could have become burnt offering.... shocked

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by onoms4luv(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2021
But op, you dirty sha.

See dustbin for where you dey cook and eat. Chai

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by KingAzari: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2021
Is this your corner at an IDP camp?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Imustnottalk: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2021
For this buhari era you still dey burn food I remember three years ago I came home so hungry I say make cook my last rice only for me to get it burnt I chop like that .I no fit kill myself

1 Like

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Xscape047: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2021
Kai. PROVERTY is a disease oo...

Joke on u op ...

U were merely careless

1 Like

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by superCleanworks(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2021
Hahahaha
Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Beverages: 8:52am On Sep 21, 2021
How that take concern us?

1 Like

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by ITbomb(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2021
Cooking 101 for dummies

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by SportsHD: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2021
Looks like undercooked Brownies wink
Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by wunmi590(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2021

You need to be ban from eating any food except only water for 6 hood month for wasting food....

1 Like

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2021
Oops... Thank God its not more than this...
BTW, your room is good but the arrangement en, I can't say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by money121(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2021
Ok
Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Brandonx(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2021
grin grin The MOD that moved this to the FP is mean grin
Like what’s this supposed to mean?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by cocococo: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2021
Why is this in the front page?

1 Like

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Saskay44: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2021
Lol
Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by superCleanworks(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2021
this is very little burning

i have been in situations which i can not explain how i am still alive till this moment.

i came back home at night tired and hungry but very tired. so i put water on the stove for bread & tea.
I refused to remove any clothing so as to remain awake, not even my shoe was removed. I remained on my chair to stay awake.

next thing i know i am waking up naked on my bed, smell of smoke everywhere, this was 7:30am in the morning.
i stood up, opened my door to go out jogging, saw all my neighbours looking at me like they just seen a ghost. I just greet good morning waka pass.

na later my neibor com dey gimme the full story.
The smell of smoke woke my neighbour up around 2am and he went round to find smoke pumping from my kitchen window with the shape of the kettle showing like red hot steel. he put off the electricity and was shouting my name. nothing. They wanted to call police to come break down my door because I died from inhaling all that smoke and that is when I came out. Awkward and embarrassing.

-----

i remember when me and my friend in PHC came back very high and we were hungry so we put yam on fire.... and that was it.
our only saving grace was that the kitchen is not in the house. it was on its own & was nearly totally burnt down if not for neighbours that used plenty water to put off the fire.

burna boy dey learn work where i dey

4 Likes

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by EmmaLege: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2021
haaaaa
Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2021
Omo

I remember when I was in school grin
My room was first door, and the lodge dustbin was close.
I kept burning food at mid nights and would always come out to pour it like a thief.

I was using electric cooked, and it was bleeping slow.
Na God save us those days shaa
Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by Brandonx(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2021
chatinent:
I thank God too.

grin you are evil grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Saved (PHOTOS) by sammirano: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2021
If you go institution and you no burn food atleast once, na secondary school you go.

I consider myself a very careful person yet i still mark register.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ingredients For Cooking Half Bag Jollof Rice. / Come & Join Me Is Now A Problem: My Friend Will Sit & Finish My Food For Me! / Young Man Makes Pepper Soup With Bush Rat After Hunting It Down. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.