Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold (3335 Views)

Toyota Camry 2007 Model Gear Issue / Corolla 04 Gear Issue / My 2000 Toyota Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke And Starts When Car Is Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by Teebaba1456: 6:02am On Sep 21, 2021
Hello all.
Please i have this problem with my Reverse gear. When the vehicle has been parked from some minutes or hours, the reverse doesn't select at all, sometimes it takes about 5 to 10 seconds when i am lucky, this doesnt happen when the engine is hot or has been running for sometime.

The drive gear selects well and moves fine.

Filter has been changed, valve body has been replaced, ATF has been replaced but the problem still persists.

Please help.

Car is Toyota Camry 1999 2.2L
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by neonly: 6:44am On Sep 21, 2021
Teebaba1456:
Hello all.
Please i have this problem with my Reverse gear. When the vehicle has been parked from some minutes or hours, the reverse doesn't select at all, sometimes it takes about 5 to 10 seconds when i am lucky, this doesnt happen when the engine is hot or has been running for sometime.

Filter has been changed, valve body has been replaced, ATF has been replaced but the problem still persists.

Please help.

Go and buy a new car
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by okoroemeka(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2021
neonly:

Go and buy a new car
is it a must to comment,the op has a problem with the transmission of his car and what you will advice is to buy a new car,this is a naive and childish act,do you know how much that particular Camry is costing now?or will you give him money to buy the car,you didn't even help with the contact of a gear tech that can restore the gear at a cheaper price,do you think it is child's play to buy car in Nigeria now.lets us not play with everything.

7 Likes

Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by neonly: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2021
okoroemeka:
is it a must to comment,the op has a problem with the transmission of his car and what you will advice is to buy a new car,this is a naive and childish act,do you know how much that particular Camry is costing now?or will you give him money to buy the car,you didn't even help with the contact of a gear tech that can restore the gear at a cheaper price,do you think it is child's play to buy car in Nigeria now.lets us not play with everything.

Ok sir noted I wont play with people comments again grin grin
But the OP should know dat if his gear has start to develop dat kind of issues it time for him to change d gear maybe he just to confirm what his mechanic have already told him
Or atleast make him change d transmission to a manual type
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by Dozieson(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2021
Teebaba1456:
Hello all.

Please help.

Why not scan and share the codes here
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by okoroemeka(m): 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
neonly:

Ok sir noted I wont play with people comments again grin grin
But the OP should know dat if his gear has start to develop dat kind of issues it time for him to change d gear maybe he just to confirm what his mechanic have already told him
Or atleast make him change d transmission to a manual type
that particular Camry model is the strongest Camry ever made and changing it to a manual may cost more than just buying another gear,and the gear is only having issues in reverse shows it is not a major fault,there are experienced gear technicians in mgbuka onitsha that will repair that gear with guarantee,if he is living in the southeast it is the best option

1 Like

Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by neonly: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
okoroemeka:
that particular Camry model is the strongest Camry ever made and changing it to a manual may cost more than just buying another gear,and the gear is only having issues in reverse shows it is not a major fault,there are experienced gear technicians in mgbuka onitsha that will repair that gear with guarantee,if he is living in the southeast it is the best option

Gears can't be guaranty honestly is better he just change it or if he swap it with a newer one in d market it common here in Ladipo in lagos
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by Dozieson(m): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
neonly:

Gears can't be guaranty honestly is better he just change it or if he swap it with a newer one in d market it common here in Ladipo in lagos

But I changed my gear( same car) and it is working fine after 5 yrs
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by neonly: 6:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Dozieson:

But I changed my gear( same car) and it is working fine after 5 yrs

You just lucky
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by Dozieson(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2021
neonly:

You just lucky

Lucky ke? People I know have changed gears and they are working fine. Do you mean no good gear is being sold in the market?
Re: Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold by okoroemeka(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
Dozieson:

Lucky ke? People I know have changed gears and they are working fine. Do you mean no good gear is being sold in the market?
apart from changing gear entirely,gear are repaired and it works fine, will he throw away the car because of bad gear?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

**Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration / Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 / Pls How Reliable Is The Chevrolet Optra Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.