Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Forbidden Foods? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Forbidden Foods? (1865 Views)

Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forbidden Foods? by africhika(f): 9:33pm On May 26, 2011
My dad recently told me that his people (meaning the entire village and most of the local govt) don't eat coco yam. He refused to tell me why. But after my persistent interrogation, he finally admitted that coco yam is associated with one of the traditional idols. So, he will never eat it--I was surprised

What "forbidden foods" do you know of?
Re: Forbidden Foods? by Godmother(f): 11:33pm On May 26, 2011
Iguana, in my place they worship it undecided undecided
So people dont it it. I have no particular interest in the meat else I would have long eaten it
Re: Forbidden Foods? by hunkyjohn(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2011
I was told years back not to eat cocoyam and snail, but today, I enjoy eating them wella. kiss

Those "forbid" myths are crap. I don't forbid ANY FOOD! I only get irritated by some meats like Rats and snakes. tongue
Re: Forbidden Foods? by CrazyMan(m): 12:43am On May 29, 2011
africhika:

My dad recently told me that his people (meaning the entire village and most of the local govt) don't eat coco yam. He refused to tell me why. But after my persistent interrogation, he finally admitted that coco yam is associated with one of the traditional idols. So, he will never eat it--I was surprised

Sorry to bother you. . .

If I may ask. . . where are you from?
Re: Forbidden Foods? by iice(f): 4:01am On Jun 02, 2011
Crabs. But i ignore people alot so i eat them. Love them actually
Re: Forbidden Foods? by Bawss1(m): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2011
iice:

Crabs. But i ignore people alot so i eat them. Love them actually

Where are crabs forbidden?
Re: Forbidden Foods? by dominique(f): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2011
pork, bacon, ham. . . anything that comes from a pig.
Re: Forbidden Foods? by iice(f): 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2011
Bawss1:

Where are crabs forbidden?
My father's village.
Re: Forbidden Foods? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2011
[size=13pt]I don't think there's anything good or enjoyable inside Crab . . . grin no flesh , no bones all you can see are some whitish stuffs that looks like steamed pap ! i think daring to put Crab into mouth is boring alone not talking to chew em up. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin[/size]
Re: Forbidden Foods? by iice(f): 2:48am On Jun 07, 2011
That na your own wahala. grin
Re: Forbidden Foods? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:53am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Instead of me eating Crab I'll prefer some large jumping Chicken on my table. . . grin grin wink[/size]

iice:

That na your own wahala. grin
Re: Forbidden Foods? by Ubiero(f): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2011
Snails. Now,I dn't rily like dem.Wen i try to eat dem, i feel like puking. sad sad
And Walnuts. My mum said not to buy them,talk less of eating them. Was so weird.I asked her why she said I shouldn't buy them.She just didn't give me any answer.
I love walnuts and eat them.So there. grin grin grin
Re: Forbidden Foods? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
[size=13pt]Ubiero dear you don't like snails? Oh i can't believe this from you honestly speaking . Snail is very good for the body and it gives blood . I enjoyed it mostly when i prepared wit with dry or wet stew with assorted dried fishes . I mean , the large ones not those annoying smaller ones that always cross the high way of motors . . . [/size]

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Fresh Onions From Smelling On Your Hands? / Coconut Chin Chin Recipe / Hi All .we Started A Small Catering Buisness In New York.tell Me What You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.