Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai (412 Views)

Nimbo, Enugu Protests Plan To Establish Cattle Ranch For Herders / "I Don't Want Nigerian Presidency. Let South Rule For 8 Years"- El- Rufai / RUGA: Europe Based Nigerian Man Flaunts His Cattle Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by akelicious(m): 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, on Tuesday, said the state has embarked on a N10 billion cattle ranch project to centralise all herders in Kaduna.

El-Rufai, who spoke with newsmen shortly after a meeting with officials of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja, said the project will be completed in two years.

The governor said the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) was supporting the state with about N7.5 billion for the success of the project.

He said the Northern States Governors’ Forum has already taken a position that open grazing is not a sustainable way of livestock production but ranching.

“But moving towards ranching cannot be done overnight. We have to have a plan; we have to have resources and we have to implement it sensibly. We have taken a position as northern state governors and we are implementing that.

“In my state for instance, we are developing a huge ranch to centralize the herders. And that is the solution a long time. But can it be done overnight? No.

“This project we are doing will cost us about N10 billion. The CBN is supporting us with about N7.5 billion. And it will take about two years to do.

“And I hope that the Fulani herdsmen, they will see that there are alternative ways of producing livestock instead of running up and down with cattle going to people’s farms to cause all kinds of problems. We want to solve the problem.

“What is unhelpful is politicising the situation and passing legislation that you know that you cannot implement. So, we have taken a position and we are working round the clock to implement that position.

“These herders emanate from the north and we are going to centralise them. We cannot do it overnight. We need billions of naira. This is just one ranch that is costing N10 billion.

“I have 14 grazing reserves in Kaduna State and I will like to turn them into ranches. Do I have 14 times N10 billion? I don’t have,” the governor said.

https://www.akelicious.net/kadunas-n10bn-cattle-ranch-will-be-ready-in-two-years-el-rufai/

Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by chatinent: 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
Short man with tall ambitions!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by akinbode1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
Waste of tax payer resources...... sad
Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by saintjimos(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Cattle republic

Is Ranching now part of infrastructures the govt is meant to provide ?

Is it not waste of public funds
Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by AntiBMC(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
The money they ought to spend, taking almajiri off the streets, they are spending on cattle. Cattle!

These people are cvrsed. C0w republic.
Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by lwisee: 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
Helrufai don chop 10 billion clean mouth angry

He knows he won't be in office by September 2023...
Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by Freestainworld(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
saintjimos:
Cattle republic

Is Ranching now part of infrastructures the govt is meant to provide ?

Is it not waste of public funds
would you rather prefer open grazing? So that this evil militias who hide's under the name herdsmen will continue to unleash mayhem on innocent farmers.
Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by Seakay(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mr Talk & Do! I believe you sir.
Re: Kaduna’s N10bn Cattle Ranch Will Be Ready In Two Years – El-rufai by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
cool Good

(1) (Reply)

Uzodinma Has Done Well To Secure Lives And Properties. / Video: This Is Rising Sun, Not Biafra, Not Eastern Security Netrk- Chiwetalu Agu / Sit At Home Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.