Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 (25264 Views)

List Of Foreign Schools That Accept 2.2 For Masters Students? / Spilled Over Course / Does Lasu Accept 2 Sitting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Petersamuel8(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2021
Born2conquer:
I will be forever grateful for my final CGPA, a very narrow escape!

3.51 CGPA

Narrow escape oh
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by MztaIkp(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2021
If you are sure of getting A's in the two courses, then wait.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by MikeofKd(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2021
Only mentally deranged people feel like If they don't make a 2.1 or first class they can't make it life, wole soyinka graduated with a 2.2 or less sef , look at the man today , it's not by grades ,u could build yourself in a good way that would make employers rush you ,it all about what up stairs not what on paper ,so embrace your 2.2 op and continue moving forward in life.

Learn a lucrative skill , hustle up to have multiple sources of income ,save and save again , invest , re invest , take calculated risks , read Forbes magazines, think of business ideas , think of ways to solve people's problem and get heavily paid in return, grab chances ,scout for opportunities, embrace gratitude ,let go of pride ,think outside the box and most of all be close to God ,that the only way you could achieve ur dreams faster .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by arthurwillia(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2021
Well you know yourself and your capabilities irrespective of the motivational speakers of don’t limit yourself, you know if you write the paper again, making A’s in both might not be possible so it’s a better option sha
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by edoairways: 10:00am On Sep 22, 2021
letristian:
It's better for you to wait a little for the 2.1

Some opportunities out there don't consider 2.2 no matter how brainy you are, they're more interested in what your cert says than what's in your brain
He needs two A's to graduate with 2.1. The probability of having that grade is slim
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by hansomb: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2021
Biyan bukata yafi dogon buri.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by onojalynk: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2021
Born2conquer:

3.51 CGPA

Same page, when I saw my transcript, I was shocked. Forever grateful!
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Preshmane(m): 10:02am On Sep 22, 2021
dettolgel:
@op I don't know what you want to do in terms of career but given the risk you took in my opinion you chose well.

But if you intend to further your education I would suggest you do the following:

Sit for GRE and TOEFL/IELT or GMAT and TOEFL/IELT depending on what course you want to pursue. Please whatever you do ensure you get very good scores. The GRE and GMAT are mostly for US schools whereas for the TOEFL/IELT you will definitely need it for European schools ( Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France).

If you have interest in econometrics I can send you a link to a school were they offer it in English with very low tuition and occasionally they do have scholarships .

With your 2.2, good score in GRE and/or TOEFL/IELT, good statement of purpose and very tight reference letters you can get admission to good schools for MSc abroad.

NB: I am one of those that usually ask young driven people to leave Nigeria before your talent wither before your very eyes. Nevertheless, if you have something great going on for you in Nigeria or you believe in the Nigerian dream, you can stay back and build a great career based on Naija level with your 2.2 don't panic.

I know of a guy back then that got into the Standard Chartered Graduate program with a 2.2 and they did excel in the program.

Good morning Sir,
I will really appreciate it if you put me through the process. Can I send you a private msg
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by veron007: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:
I wrote my final exam in July this year, few weeks later I was in Delta when my course adviser called me to come to school (Uniben), that it's a matter of urgency, I went to school, then I meet her in the HOD office. She told me I failed two courses in my final exam. She said the department is going to upgrade one to "grin" then wave the other one to me but by imprecation I will graduate as a 2.2 student.
When, I thought about it if I should accept it or come back again to write the two courses (one in 1st semester and the other in 2nd semester) to get 2.1. it was a hard decision for me to make but then I made the decision to accept the offer because of the following reason.
1. Uniben is becoming too stressful/ I'm already tired.
2. The financial expenses involved
3. Economics department in Uniben is not a joke.
4. The probability of me getting "A"s if rewrite the two courses is very low.
5. ASUU and strike
Based on the following reasons I accepted the offer, result came out I graduated as a 2.2 student but some how I started feeling sad. Though 2.2 is not the best but then I also graduate myself. I can't come and kill myself ( schooling in Nigeria university is like war).
If I may ask, did I took the wrong decision?
Opinions please!

Bro stay an extra year to make 2.1 This is the best decision you will take in your life. 2.1 opens doors for you, it allows you to even be shortlisted for interview. There is no need to rush out of school and join the jobless population. When I was in school 10 years ago, it was the best advice from some of my big bros them and I took it very seriously. I became a very jew man in school to actualize my goal of leaving school with 2.1 and it has paid off. Best of luck.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by ChikeGreat: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2021
I'm sure you graduated from EcoStat department in Uniben.

Please, just carry your 2:2 and go home. E get why!?

If you return to that department for spill-over, the demons in that department will financially exploit you and you will likely not get what you want.

You have done well Bro. The mistake of having a lower grade have already been done and sealed by you before now, just move on to better things in life.

Love and light.
I was a protect of that department too�
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Revelation4(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2021
Spill over
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by fattprince(m): 10:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:
I wrote my final exam in July this year, few weeks later I was in Delta when my course adviser called me to come to school (Uniben), that it's a matter of urgency, I went to school, then I meet her in the HOD office. She told me I failed two courses in my final exam. She said the department is going to upgrade one to "grin" then wave the other one to me but by imprecation I will graduate as a 2.2 student.
When, I thought about it if I should accept it or come back again to write the two courses (one in 1st semester and the other in 2nd semester) to get 2.1. it was a hard decision for me to make but then I made the decision to accept the offer because of the following reason.
5. ASUU and strike
Based on the following reasons I accepted the offer, result came out I graduated as a 2.2 student but some how I started feeling sad. Though 2.2 is not the best but then I also graduate myself. I can't come and kill myself ( schooling in Nigeria university is like war).
Opinions please!
Bro. It's just emotions. Believe me you would still feel the same way if you'd stayed to do extra year. You already made the right decision. After some days you would feel better. Go out and be successful bro.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by IJOBA11: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Snitch24:

With ur BSC?
Why una too dey lie
Like for this forum
BINANCE NA grin
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Techhybeam: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2021
You sounds funny to me, even first class still dey out there dey find work.

Sometimes certificates are just useless no matter what u graduate with.
Forget about 2.1 and focus.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by orlaglobal234: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2021
If we tell you that you took a wrong decision would you return your certificate to school that you don't want it again you want to rewrite another exam or what will happen? Because i don't know why some people are just like to allow public put mouth to their personal issue, privacy. they will carry every single thing that happen to them to social media, why na
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by TheSociopath(m): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:
5. ASUU and strike
Opinions please!

You made a bad decision, no one recruits a 2.2. You will have to start targeting banks if you want to work in corporate Nigeria
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by TheSociopath(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:

That's was my thought
Anything less than A in the two courses will still land me in 2.2

At least you would have tried. You could have even also liaised with the lecturers and "pally" with them
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by DWJOBScom(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2021
obonujoker:

My brother...

Results are not God.

Having a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is bigger than any result... Testimonies abound for honest people whom didn't even get qualified for things, and God qualifies them.

One must work hard to make 1st class, and if you can't then be on 2.1, and if none, at least 2.2...

No fear. Faith is bigger than any doubt or fear...
What was offered to him wasn't free of charge
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by VoltageDivida(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
Just take the upgrade, retake will never move you 2.1 unless you don't know how do the calculation

I wonder that ooo. How can you retaking a failed course give you a better grade?

Unless the course was erased from your records like you never registered it in the first place, I don't see how it helps retaking it even if you got A's
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by dettolgel: 10:35am On Sep 22, 2021
Preshmane:

Good morning Sir,
I will really appreciate it if you put me through the process. Can I send you a private msg

Good morning oga. You can ask your question here and I will give you response here. For the following reasons:

1. There might be someone else that will be benefit from it
2. In case I say something that is either out of date and incorrect other people can correct me
3. It could also spur others into sharing their own experiences and giving their own opinions.

So you can post your questions here, I will try and give you a detail answer on what to do.

NB: if we consider something too private we both can decide to opt for a private message.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by TenQ: 10:36am On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:

That's was my thought
Anything less than A in the two courses will still land me in 2.2
No sir.
You need to register for a minimum of 10 credits per semester. In addition to your two courses, you will take other EASY courses from 100 Levels as electives. Like this, you will guarantee your 2-1.

Your adviser likes you but I guess you didn't understand well your options
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Onekind04(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2021
Born2conquer:

3.51 CGPA
Narrow escape

Congratulations boss
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Escobar98(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2021
You made the wrong decision: you’ll probably think about the fact that you didn’t try. Maroon 5 said: you say it’s too late to make it, but is it too late to try? Yes. You could have two As if you had gone back and put in maximum efforts.

Now anytime you see the 2.2 you see eggs on your face and that you could have tried.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Mypeople2(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2021
Irijosa777:
5. ASUU and strike
Opinions please!
In summary, with your 2.2, you can either do business or get a work( not job since you didn't make at least 2.1) through man know man .But I will advice you to gather your money and travel abroad.You will never regret your decision
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Tomek09(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Did I took??

Op.... what kind of useless English is this?

I'm even doubting ur graduate status with this kind of poor grammatical construction you made in ur write up.
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Spherical77(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2021
princewarri1985:
Wow! That's really nice oh, and your course adviser even called you to come over self, mine was different oh because 2002 i was doing my diploma in buisness education in delsu abraka and i also failed 2 course after my finals buisness maths and cost accounting, and my HOD then very useless obiaroko local man, he told me that am going to have a spill over, that it would have been waved if i failed only 1 course but 2 course is spill over, my mom even went with me to beg him to help me but he still refused, i had to come back the following year to complete my programe! YOU ARE VERY LUCKY AND YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION SO DONT BLAME YOUR SELF.
I was even wondering, he failed 2 courses. 1 was upgraded and the other waved

The department is much lineat
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by kokoboy4life(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2021
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Young man better used that extra one year to go and enhance you degree by enrolling in a masters programme...there are tons of 2.1s and First class products littered over the job market with nothing to hold on to.

So is it Master Cert that will get him a Good job ?
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by adioolayi(m): 11:14am On Sep 22, 2021
There is no way you would have made 2.1 if you rewrite those exams.

If you carryover a course...and you rewrite to score A....at the end of the day, the weighted Average score is NOT THE SAME as you making A at the first sitting...because the divisible Unit number would have increased.

That explains why carry-overs brings down CGPA..even after passing them
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Born2conquer: 11:14am On Sep 22, 2021
Petersamuel8:

Narrow escape oh
Yes, still one of my most treasured achievements till date because I can proudly claim 2,1 anywhere with those who even had 4.49
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by seanjy4konji: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2021
Make you get first class and make God no deh your side...

You go still suffer...you go tire..

You think say all na by schoolYou kknow know how many graduates deh this naija weh no remember where certufucate deh till deh wan ready move out??

Na only God fit help you or if you get rich parent for naija...but say you no sabi and u no get money....

Mman you go drink shepe tire,,,,
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2021
2.2 is even way bigger than you...
Imagine *did I took the wrong decision*
Re: Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1 by saxby(f): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2021
I don't care, I just want to graduate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Floods At Odogunyan Junior Grammar School, Ikorodu, Lagos State / LAUTECH Resumes Tomorrow / Poor State Of Obizi Community Secondary School In Ezinihite LGA, Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.