Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers (8001 Views)

Pro-Akpabio Senators Seated As Senate Elects New Leadership / Umahi Inaugurates Ebonyi State Command Of Ebubeagu Security Network (Photos) / South East Traditional Rulers Demand Release Of Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by Danjikanbauchi: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
A conglomerate of efulefus who doesn't know their left from their right
you are an idiot, you are a product of artificial insertmination, so you don't have a father that's why you don't have respect for elders and traditional institution.
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by Danjikanbauchi: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
If i see d Traditional Ruler(Igwe) of my village Unubi in Nnewi South LGA of Anambra State here,i wil disown,disigwe him asap.
shut up go and disown your father, as if the respected igwe know about your existence
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by Danjikanbauchi: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2021
God1000:
What has this man done for his people sef

which man ?
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by TEDHorsePower: 7:56am On Sep 22, 2021
[s]
Enugupikin:

Trash
[/s]

Cursed Nsukka illiterate miscreant. Lemme chat Chris before I send Nsukkachap out
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by stanluiz(m): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Is04970:
“On VAT, every State in South East must join me to say we should not obstruct the Status quo
Useless
Umahi should know that his asslicking will not take him anywhere! He will be used and dump.

If he continues like this. He will be irrelevant after 2023.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by DrSamOnowu87(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
shut up go and disown your father, as if the respected igwe know about your existence
Ur father kee u there.
Fulani boy,u are already high dis morning with dried plaintain leaves and tramadol. Come and take ur bath with cow urine so that u'll ve some calmness. Cow sperm product,bequeathed with cow brain.

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by jimyjames(m): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:
There they are, The warrant chiefs imposed on Ndigbo by the military regime in 1978. A move known as The return of the warrant chiefs.

The Sell outs were created by the British in mid 19th century and officially abolished by the same British in 1929.
Reintroduced by the Shameless Nnamdi Azikiwe of NCNC in 1950. Then constitutionally imposed by the Military Regime of Nigeria with "edict No 22 of 1978 titled Chieftaincy edict" to signify Conquest of Igboland . In other words, they are commissioned by the FG, that's why they can't contribute to anything to move Igboland forward but sabotage. They represent the FG and are as well civil servants under direct control of the state Government, that's why Obiano can sack 20 of them in a day and nothing will happen.

It is worthy to note that it is internationally known that Ndigbo lost their independence the very day Britain created and imposed Warrant Chiefs on them (around 1850).

NDIGBO KNOW YOUR HISTORY
On the bold, the British did the igbos more good than harm in that aspect , cause they helped unite the igbos under one ethnicity if they didn't do that, today we wouldn't be here talking of Ndigbo as one , rather we would be talking about arochukwu, Onitsha, wawa Anioma, Ngwa, , Ezza, Ibeku, Ohuhu, Ikwerre, the Ogba, the Omuma, the Ohafia, the Obigbo, Mbaise, Ekpeye etc as different tribes and ethnic groups, even with that you see how the ikwerre's ika's and some anioma's are pulling out of the Union.
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by Maobichek: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
A conglomerate of efulefus who doesn't know their left from their right

I have not quoted you before and I'm doing that for the first time; all of our traditional rulers are not efuflefus as you stressed. If you generalize like this, it means that your father who is not older than some of them is "efulefu" to which you will not agree to.

Please stop generalizing, I know Obi of Onitsha, he is educated, cultured, matured, committed etc. My dad is not a traditional ruler but I know that my dad's age mate are there so I won't call them efuflefus cos my dad is not efuflefu, thank you.
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 10:00am On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

On the bold, the British did the igbos more good than harm in that aspect , cause they helped unite the igbos under one ethnicity if they didn't do that, today we wouldn't be here talking of Ndigbo as one , rather we would be talking about arochukwu, Onitsha, wawa Anioma, Ngwa, , Ezza, Ibeku, Ohuhu, Ikwerre, the Ogba, the Omuma, the Ohafia, the Obigbo, Mbaise, Ekpeye etc as different tribes and ethnic groups, even with that you see how the ikwerre's ika's and some anioma's are pulling out of the Union.
No.
They spotted for difference where there was none. They were the ones that created such consciousness.
They explored to bring out what will divide than unite. Read about accounts from people that met Igboland before the useless warrant chiefs. Igboland was known as a country were any can migrate and be assimilated into another, that's why almost all paid no attention to history of founding of the settlements. So far you can adhere to the rules the settlements, you are indigene.
Warrant chief imposition was exactly where the Bini mania started because when it was introduced, their was no regalia, style or insignia for kingship in Igboland, so to make it appear like one, the closest (oba of Bini) was copied. Now what is the result? The warrant chiefs claiming ancestry from the Bini and trying to impose it on the land and People they were imposed on eg Ọgba, Ọmụma, Ekpeye etc
What Britain attempted to do was to create feudal Lords who will be interested in fighting others for power but it didn't work. Their warrant chiefs were more interested in oppressing, over taxing and marrying lots of women than power. So they abolished it but the consciousness have been sown. That's why the places (Ika, Ikwerre etc) you mentioned rely on one man today to decide who they are despite glaring clues. If they were still practicing Igbo Republican System, one man denying his identity won't matter because it will be believed that his own is the one that is not than the entire group.
Do you now understand it?
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BluntCrazeMan: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2021
Wisdomkosi:
Gov. Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers (Photos) | #IgbereTV

~As Chairman South East Governors’ Forum Charges New Leadership To Work For The Peace And Unity of Ndigbo

The new Leadership of the South East Council of the Traditional Rulers led by His Royal Highness, Eze Charles Mkpuma has been inaugurated.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1400860/gov-umahi-inaugurates-new-leadership-south-east-traditional-rulers-photos/
I see this as refurbished rubbish
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BiafraInc: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2021
Damn!! Some are even wearing northern and South West traditional attires at the so-called Igbo traditional ruler's gathering. Who did this to Igbo people? Biafra should be restored as quickly as possible so we can send these buffoons to where they belong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by jimyjames(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:

No.
They spotted for difference where there was none. They were the ones that created such consciousness.
They explored to bring out what will divide than unite. Read about accounts from people that met Igboland before the useless warrant chiefs. Igboland was known as a country were any can migrate and be assimilated into another, that's why almost all paid no attention to history of founding of the settlements. So far you can adhere to the rules the settlements, you are indigene.
What Britain attempted to do was to create feudal Lords who will be interested in fighting others for power but it didn't work. Their warrant chiefs were more interested in oppressing, over taxing and marrying lots of women than power. So they abolished it but the consciousness have been sown. That's why the places (Ika, Ikwerre etc) you mentioned rely on one man today to decide who they are despite glaring clues. If they were still practicing Igbo Republican System, one man denying his identity won't matter because it will be believed that his own is the one that is not than the entire group.
Do you now understand it?

There was no unified igbo identity, the colonial masters were the one's that molded that igbo identity and lumped it into one piece, igbos were not one, clans fought each other and enslaved each other , the colonial masters did the igbos more good than harm in that aspect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by Danjikanbauchi: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Ur father kee u there.
Fulani boy,u are already high dis morning with dried plaintain leaves and tramadol. Come and take ur bath with cow urine so that u'll ve some calmness. Cow sperm product,bequeathed with cow brain.
hahahaha product of artificial insertmination that lack father's upbringing that's why you don't have respect for your igwe that you will open your odour producing factory you called mouth and said you will disown a Whole IGWE.

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 10:34am On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

There was no unified igbo identity, the colonial masters were the one's that molded that igbo identity and lumped it into one piece, igbos were not one, clans fought each other and enslaved each other , the colonial masters did the igbos more good than harm in that aspect
LOL.
Igbo was a country before they came (this is something you will dig out yourself if you want to know).
Like they said "the people of the river banks have no knowledge of iron smelting, so we have to rely on Ibo country for most of our iron works"

Ever wonder why out of the entire groups in Nigeria, only Igbo have the name of their country attached to most of the community names.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by JimiJunji: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:

LOL.
Igbo was a country before they came (this is something you will dig out yourself if you want to know).
Like they said "the people of the river banks have no knowledge of iron smelting, so we have to rely on Ibo country for most of our iron works"

Ever wonder why out of the entire groups in Nigeria, only Igbo have the name of their country attached to most of the community names.

I don't know much about Igbo history but I think you're right, i think what Igbo communities had back then was a council of elders from each family who took decisions and a youth group that enforced it.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by Ikology(m): 11:21am On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:
There they are, The warrant chiefs imposed on Ndigbo by the military regime in 1978. A move known as The return of the warrant chiefs.

The Sell outs were created by the British in mid 19th century and officially abolished by the same British in 1929.
Reintroduced by the Shameless Nnamdi Azikiwe of NCNC in 1950. Then constitutionally imposed by the Military Regime of Nigeria with "edict No 22 of 1978 titled Chieftaincy edict" to signify Conquest of Igboland . In other words, they are commissioned by the FG, that's why they can't contribute to anything to move Igboland forward but sabotage. They represent the FG and are as well civil servants under direct control of the state Government, that's why Obiano can sack 20 of them in a day and nothing will happen.

It is worthy to note that it is internationally known that Ndigbo lost their independence the very day Britain created and imposed Warrant Chiefs on them (around 1850).

NDIGBO KNOW YOUR HISTORY
You are talking trash, ranting as usual, anything that is not about your supreme leader or Biafra means nothing to you and should be ridiculed or jettisoned.
You are an agent of division. You don't mean well for Ndi Igbo. Your only loyalty is to your supreme leader. Dave Umahi inaugurated council of southeast traditional rulers only for you to label them agents of military. Seems you don't have elder in your family, may be nobody in your family has what it takes to take up a leadership position in your town. I commend Dave Umahi for this move, we need peace in Igboland. All those miscreants whose only language is efulefu, Sabo, destruction, burn, kill must be fished out and prosecuted.
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by jimyjames(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:

LOL.

You are missing the point
Ibo country was a phrase the colonists used to mold the igbos into one piece they were never one, arochukwu Confederacy was like a country of its own, Onitsha was like a kingdom of its own, other smaller clans were under the igala kingdom paying tributes to them, other clans were under the bini empire paying tributes to them, the white man was the one that toured the entire region and discovered their similarities in linguistic and culture then molded them in one piece as an igbo country
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

Ibo country was a phrase the colonists used to mold the igbos into one piece they were never one, arochukwu Confederacy was like a country of its own, Onitsha was like a kingdom of its own, other smaller clans were under the igala kingdom paying tributes to them, other clans were under the bini empire paying tributes to them, the white man was the one that toured the entire region and discovered their similarities in linguistic and culture then molded them in one piece as an igbo country
Go back to my first reply, it answered your question.
It answered your question. Igala never ruled any part of Igboland (all those things are make believe history) though I won't doubt that there are Igala people in Igboland whose circumstances of being here is never if that of Conquerors but otherwise. If you know any Igala historian, beg him to tell you about Mgbo clan, Ezza, Nike and obolo.

Igala also lacked the knowledge of metal smiting, It was their encounter with Nike that Igala understood what Iron signifies in warfare. Till date, they are still scared of them. Metal works got to Igala land through Aguleri axis, courtesy of Awka Black smiths.
Bini only had influence over Ika and nothing more. Ndigbo, especially Awka people are still in far away Akoko Ẹdo, Etsako and Esan. Ask the indigenes

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by DrSamOnowu87(m): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
hahahaha product of artificial insertmination that lack father's upbringing that's why you don't have respect for your igwe that you will open your odour producing factory you called mouth and said you will disown a Whole IGWE.
kikikiki...Mkpi awusa. The Igwe na ur igwe abi d disown na ur disown?
Ofcourse i know that my respected Igwe is not a puppet,pawn in d hand of politicians & would not attend that occassion and that was d reason why i used,startf with d word "IF' but since u ve "eye problem,dementia & at d same time high on expired tramadol taking down with cow urine u decided to mention me bcus seun paved d way for u to insult ur age mate online. My Igwe is angry with Willie Obiano and other SE Governors that are yet & ve refused to sign d anti open grazing law & ve decided to shun any gathering involving them,d governor till d needful is done.
If ur Igwe, no i mean ur Emir is anywhere belle face,mine is not like that.

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by jimyjames(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:

Go back to my first reply, it answered your question.
It answered your question. Igala never ruled any part of Igboland (all those things are make believe history) though I won't doubt that there are Igala people in Igboland whose circumstances of being here is never if that of Conquerors but otherwise. If you know any Igala historian, beg him to tell you about Mgbo clan, Ezza, Nike and obolo.

Igala also lacked the knowledge of metal smiting, It was their encounter with Nike that Igala understood what Iron signifies in warfare. Till date, they are still scared of them. Metal works got to Igala land through Aguleri axis, courtesy of Awka Black smiths.
Bini only had influence over Ika and nothing more. Ndigbo, especially Awka people are still in far away Akoko Ẹdo, Etsako and Esan. Ask the indigenes
You are sketching around the main point that igbos were molded together to become one by the colonists, igbo union started with the colonial masters who did everything possible to unite the igbos in a way it will be possible to countrol them like it was in the North and amongst the yoruba's for this singular reason they created the warrant chiefs, this are facts as long as igbo unity is concerned the colonists made that happen
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by IDENNAA(m): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Obi of Onicha should have remained the chairman of these traditional rulers. Who is Mkpume ? He look like one of those Imo and Abia autonomous traditional rulers that want to dress like Anambra chiefs. Umahi is so hateful and jealous of Anambra he will do anything to oppose Anambra leadership. This clown that doesn't have clout will disgrace us.
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

You are sketching around the main point that igbos were molded together to become one by the colonists, igbo union started with the colonial masters who did everything possible to unite the igbos in a way it will be possible to countrol them like it was in the North and amongst the yoruba's for this singular reason they created the warrant chiefs, this are facts as long as igbo unity is concerned the colonists made that happen
Igbo Union started when Ndigbo found themselves in Nigeria.
In Igboland, there is no basis for Igbo Union, so such never existed. This is one problem Ikwerre people have with Ndigbo. To them they see it as a big deal that Igbo union exists in Ikwerre land but not in any other part of Igboland.
As for Ndigbo being mould together, it is total Fallacy. Can you prove it?
The British trader with Ndigbo for decades before they invaded in 1850. They never met Igboland and invaded the same year. Do your research
In all those years, they said what they saw which is "Ibo country"
And please whenever you want to talk about Igbo history, resist the temptations of involving war and conquests because unlike you Nigerians, it is not part of our culture or history. It rarely happens.
Igbo country was an economic hub with commercial activities. All European Powers that visited it like the Portuguese noted it (Portuguese came 300 years before Britain)

Igbo history is described by the main Business Ndigbo controlled. Like Nri, Arọ Confederacy was based on spirituality and Business alone not conquests.
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by jimyjames(m): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:

Igbo Union started when Ndigbo found themselves in Nigeria.
In Igboland, there is no basis for Igbo Union, so such never existed. This is one problem Ikwerre people have with Ndigbo. To them they see it as a big deal that Igbo union exists in Ikwerre land but not in any other part of Igboland.
As for Ndigbo being mould together, it is total Fallacy. Can you prove it?
The British trader with Ndigbo for decades before they invaded in 1850. They never met Igboland and invaded the same year. Do your research
In all those years, they said what they saw which is "Ibo country"
And please whenever you want to talk about Igbo history, resist the temptations of involving war and conquests because unlike you Nigerians, it is not part of our culture or history. It rarely happens.
Igbo country was an economic hub with commercial activities. All European Powers that visited it like the Portuguese noted it (Portuguese came 300 years before Britain)

Igbo history is described by the main Business Ndigbo controlled. Like Nri, Arọ Confederacy was based on spirituality and Business alone not conquests.
Can you prove that the igbos were one? My friend the igbos never referered to themselves as a United people, they identified themselves with their clans and kingdoms, the colonists for yrs studied the igbos and discovered their similarities and lumped them together as one anytime they were given reports about them, a man from arochukwu never saw himself as one with someone from Onitsha kingdom these were two different people
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

Can you prove that the igbos were one? My friend the igbos never referered to themselves as a United people, they identified themselves with their clans and kingdoms, the colonists for yrs studied the igbos and discovered their similarities and lumped them together as one anytime they were given reports about them, a man from arochukwu never saw himself as one with someone from Onitsha kingdom these were two different people
I can see you have not been reading my replies. Last paragraph

BKayy:

LOL.

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by IDENNAA(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

Who and who were paying tributes to Igala, I hope you are not referring to Anambra towns. Nri settlements and related Anambra communities only paid tributes and homage to Eze Nri. Get your facts right.
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
IDENNAA:

Who and who were paying tributes to Igala, I hope you are not referring to Anambra towns. Nri settlements and related Anambra communities only paid tributes and homage to Eze Nri. Get your facts right.
And the homage was as a spiritual capital like Mecca and Jerusalem not empire. Nri never ruled anybody.
Better explain it very well to him on time oh before he messes it up
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by jimyjames(m): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:

I can see you have not been reading my replies. Last paragraph

And I told you, the phrase ibo country was invented by the colonists there was nothing of such
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by jimyjames(m): 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2021
IDENNAA:

A lot of smaller igbo clans paid tribute to bigger and stronger clans and even other kingdom, all the people who were later called western igbos by the colonists paid tribute to the bini empire, some smaller clans around Onitsha paid tributes to the obi of Onitsha, same with those around the igala kingdom same with those around arochukwu
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

And I told you, the phrase ibo country was invented by the colonists there was nothing of such
Then explain how the names of these communities came to place
Odenigbo
Akwukwu-Igbo
Igbo-Ụzọ
Igbo-Ukwu
Igbo-Akiri
ỤmụIgbo
Ama-Igbo
To list a few.

Its better to avoid things you know nothing about than proving it by diving into it. You could have said that the British Created Igbo people like the way Christians say God created Adam and Eve.
The few names I listed above are in the four corners of Igboland. One (Ámá-Igbo) is at the center. I specifically chose them out of the numerous towns having Igbo to their name

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by viviangist: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:
There they are, The warrant chiefs imposed on Ndigbo by the military regime in 1978. A move known as The return of the warrant chiefs. Fumigation Services

NDIGBO KNOW YOUR HISTORY
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by BKayy: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
[quote author=viviangist post=106068668][/quote]
Startled at the face of real history?
First timers into "Knowledge" always get that.
"Dumb" black People
Re: Umahi Inaugurates New Leadership Of South East Traditional Rulers by IDENNAA(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
jimyjames:

A lot of smaller igbo clans paid tribute to bigger and stronger clans and even other kingdom, all the people who were later called western igbos by the colonists paid tribute to the bini empire, some smaller clans around Onitsha paid tributes to the obi of Onitsha, same with those around the igala kingdom same with those around arochukwu

Let's get one thing right, no community in Anambra ever paid tributes to Onicha. Onicha never practiced monarchy nor held a venerated position in Anambra until the whites arrived and they got education. In fact, Eze Nri was receiving tributes from Ndi Onicha. Remember Onicha went through acculturation upon arrival to Anambra. They didn't build an influential society. Aguleri's, Awka and Umudioka were more influential than Onicha during precolonial days. Onicha influential with Ofala , Otu odu started with the coming of the whites and its all because of their location at River Niger.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emefiele: What Buhari Govt Needs To Address Nigeria’s Infrastructure Deficit / Soludo Recieves UN Resident Co-ordinator, Marthias Schmale / Nigeria’s Economy Gradually Reviving, Says Information Minister, Mohammed Idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.