Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Please Advice Me! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice Me! (842 Views)

Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! / Please Advice; Got Called For A Job Interview I'm Not Qualified for / Dilemma Of A Job Seeker. Please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me! by pinokio(m): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2007
HELP! Advice needed urgently, especially from nigerians studying for an msc in the uk right now. I just got an unconditional offer of admission into swansea university in wales, and the fee is 11,000 pounds. Tha admission agent and the school say i have to pay half of that amount on or before enrolment (sept 24), mean while i also got a conditional offer (conditional on my presenting my transcripts and my degree cert.) into control engineering msc. in coventry university. the fee is 9000 pounds. Right now i've got N700k naira at hand, and i can raise N500k max more by pawning an arm and a leg (LOL), so i've got like N1.2 mill. What do i do, cause if i pay half of any of the fees i don't know how i can pay for the other stuff like visa application, flight ticket, and pocket money, PLEASE I NEED UR ADVICE ASAP, I'VE ONLY GOT AUGUST REMAINING, THANKS
Re: Please Advice Me! by Lagoseko(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2007
Before you go for M.sc be it in Nigeria or outside make sure you are prepared for it.The feeding,accomdation and the rest.If you can raise the money then go for it.Cos it good.If not look for alternative cos its better not to start than to pay the money while u can complete it.
Re: Please Advice Me! by okeyz(m): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2007
pinokio:

HELP! Advice needed urgently, especially from nigerians studying for an msc in the uk right now. I just got an unconditional offer of admission into swansea university in wales, and the fee is 11,000 pounds. Tha admission agent and the school say i have to pay half of that amount on or before enrolment (sept 24), mean while i also got a conditional offer (conditional on my presenting my transcripts and my degree cert.) into control engineering msc. in coventry university. the fee is 9000 pounds. Right now i've got N700k naira at hand, and i can raise N500k max more by pawning an arm and a leg (LOL), so i've got like N1.2 mill. What do i do, cause if i pay half of any of the fees i don't know how i can pay for the other stuff like visa application, flight ticket, and pocket money, PLEASE I NEED UR ADVICE ASAP, I'VE ONLY GOT AUGUST REMAINING, THANKS
well my advice to u is that u should go for the 9000 pounds fee ,pay half of the fees ,cos thats what the british high commission visa section will tell u anyway b4 u are eligible for a student visa .
if u can pay half of the fee and u are giving a visa ,borrow from friends or relations for ur air ticket,when u get there u can defer ur admission for a year and go for some "under the table jobs" which abound in the uk and maybe after u have raised some dough u can start ur education again.
It would have been easy if ur school was in scotland ,u get lots and lots of under the table jobs there and u can work while schooling.
hope this helps.
Re: Please Advice Me! by pinokio(m): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2007
thanks a lot for the info. will i be allowed to continiue staying in the hostel if i defer my admission on arrival? will my visa be extended after it expires( if i defer for one academic year?), pls let me know. i'm also thinking of defering the admission (both) and saving for the next session while i stay back in nigeria. what do u think? let me know pls, thanks
Re: Please Advice Me! by mizztee(f): 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2007
my dear don't bother going.i'm not trying to discourage you o!!!but schooling in the UK is a big investment so my advice 4 u is to defer your admission until u have d money for your fees and all.
good luck

(1) (Reply)

Are Calculators Allowed For The First Bank Test? / Telecomms Vacancies / Job In Nigeria As A White Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.