Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room (42895 Views)

Lady Found Dead In Lagos Hotel, Boyfriend Disappears / 2 Single Mothers Arrested Over Sex In Lagos Hotel / Man Tries To Rape Teenage Girl In Lagos Hotel After Offering To Help Her. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2021
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1400914/man-bags-28-years-imprisonment-killing-female-lawyer-lagos-hotel-room-photos/

So that's the worth of the females life. Dude must have been broke as l not to have gotten the funds necessary. It's a pity. Life continues. I'm a Physiologist.
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by seborrhic: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2021
Wicked soul deserving of a death sentence or minimum life because it was premeditated
However,the the judge and prosecution too are sorry a rses.
How can a judge turn around during sentencing to now reject the plea bargain?
What any learned trial judge and prosecution do is that they all meet before the court date with the defence team and agree on a plea bargain.If the judge due to the weight of the offence disagrees with d terms that's when she now tells them the minimum I would accept is 28years or so so years.
Not on the day of sentencing you now turnaround and unilaterally do what you want
But just like many things Nigerian,we tend to do things that defies commonsense and critical reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by God2man2again(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
#26,000
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
Dem the bag certificate
Them the follow bag imprisonment cool
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
nosiebaba:
The penance for killing should be life imprisonment or death. I don't understand this 28 years imprisonment. When you stab someone, murder is the aim.
I don't understand the JUDGEMENT.
... a Lawyer visited Lagos to sit for exams and the idiot murdered her in cold blood and made away with ordinary 26k just to offset bills and the judgement is 28years in Jail.

Na TANKO pass this judgement?

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by ppogba: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
The hotel management should have a lot of explaining to do.

Different lodgers in different rooms?
From where did the knife came from?

/
/

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by angelfallz(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
It was not pre meditated murder.

delzbaba:
I remember this case, he should have gotten the maximum penalty which is death by hanging, because it was pre meditated murder. He entered the room with a knife which shows his intentions. Imagine lodging in a hotel and the staff have the spare key and can enter anytime.
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by 3rdavefarms(m): 12:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
They will kill him at the prison in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by fattprince(m): 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
I don't understand the law. I read on nairaland where a lady was sentenced to death for stabbing and killing her neighbor during an altercation. Why is this one now different. I've seen where people are giving life imprisonment for manslaughter and as little as 10 years for murder. I don't get it. Even Chidinma was not given a life imprisonment. I think the judges should put the life of the victims into perspective before giving judgement. Even sometime life imprisonment is too lenient for me. If you kill someone and you get caught you should die too. Final
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Tekzyflex(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
What kind of nonsense judgement is this?
Just 28 years in prison ment. This is outright rubbish.
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by akdjr(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
It is unfortunate that the woman had to die this way in the hands of this evil young guy. But this should serve as a lesson to us here. Whenever someone enter into your hotel room to rob you, just allow the person to go with the cash, phones or whatever he/she took from you and immediately the person step of the your room, lock your room and call the hotel intercom and report to them to quickly arrest the suspect. Doing this would have safe a life. I pray the children and family she left behind will find a good helper in life and still become the great and productive person in the society as their mum would have wanted to see them.

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by mariovito(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
I feel the prosecution is trying to hide something.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Saint99: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
The level of iniquity these days are getting out of hand as though there is a book now called killing made easy. Where is Pastor Righteousness, are we already in the end time? Something has to be done!
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Agugbadin: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2021
28 years is too lenient, minimum should be life in prison.
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by chloride6: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2021
chigoziri2403:
The penalty for premeditated murder should be death , anybody that kill should be killed. Nobody has the right to take anyone's life

Murder wasn't premeditated
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by jaxxy(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
28 years is too lenient why not 50 years or death sentence. He killed Sm1 for goodness sake.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Zico777(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lkkud12:
Readddd
Like seriously!
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Picker28: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nawa oo
I Don tire to the read this bad new's
God help us
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
They should have killed him instead
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by kingthreat(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
What sort of useless justice is this?
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by tnerro1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
Should have been life in prison, the plea deal was to save you from being hanged. Stupid judge and stupid prosecution. The family should appeal
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by InHeaven(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
This is total rubbish. Someone stabbed and slit victims' throat and died yet he was sentence to years imprisonment.
Even if it's hundred years imprisonment it's nonsense not to talk of 28 years where he'll eventually be pardoned.

An eye for an eye, WHO EVER KILLED SHOULD BE KILL IMMEDIATELY
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by hisexcellency34: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
i imagine the agony of the little kids she left behind. If i am the lady's family member, i will shoot the guy or stab him in court
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by cezarman(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nowadays I'm suspicious of everybody I see on the road.

You fit just sidan with serial killer and you no go even know angry
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by makeitijn: 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2021
Sithole country.

There is no plea bargain in a murder case..

Cursed fulani country
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by BRATISLAVA: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
The Chidinma noise makers are surprisingly quiet.

Men will always try and trivialize evil when they do it to women, but create an uproar when done to one of their own because they feel they have the monopoly of killing, stealing and raping.
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by chukwuibuipob: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
sad The lady can only RIP when they kill the baztard too.Simple.Abi dem go waste tax payers money feed am sad angry sad
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by ameh99: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
Wait o..is it that our judiciary has failed to the extent that they don't think straight anymor?

Me wey no do law sef no say this na first degree murder na and na capital offense of nothing less than life imprisonment undecided kiss

But come to think of it sef...we don't even have the resources to waste on people like this why not hang the bastard undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I tire for this country o

Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Geeman2006: 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
nosiebaba:
The penance for killing should be life imprisonment or death. I don't understand this 28 years imprisonment. When you stab someone, murder is the aim.

Well said.
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by sammirano: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Useless justice system. That boy deserves atleast life in prisionment with parole after serving above 50 years behind bars. You killed someone for heaven sake. If not that I'm strongly against capital purnishment, I will say that's what he should get
Re: Joshua Usulor Jailed For Killing Feyisayo Obot In Lagos Hotel Room by Guyman02: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
nosiebaba:
He made a plea bargain to reduce his sentence by pleading guilty and not wasting the time of the court. The prosecution asked for 21 years but the judge added extra 7 years to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Teacher Impregnates 14-Year-Old Pupil, Remanded In Prison For Defilement / 13 Girls Rescued From A Guest House In Abuja By NAPTIP (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Man Over N57.5m Mistakenly Sent To His Company’s Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.