Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

RE: What I Saw At The Bank Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / RE: What I Saw At The Bank Today (653 Views)

What Happened To Me At The Bank Today / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / What I Saw At The Bank Today!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: What I Saw At The Bank Today by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2021
I'm writing to share the experience of a close friend. I believe so many persons will find this helpful

You can read the initial post here https://www.nairaland.com/6765707/what-saw-bank-today

So the story,

Early last year, my friend informed me that he just received his salary and few minutes later he got a debit alert of that exert amount. Then he asked for my opinion on what I think he should do.

From the alert, it neither a POS withdrawal nor an ATM transaction. It reflected like an over the counter transaction. Bit then I still asked him few questions

1. Did you give your card to anyone to make withdrawal and he answered in the negative

2. Did you carryout any online transaction and he answered in the negative.

3. Did your phone or some linked to the account get stolen and he also answered in the negative.

4. Did you issue bank check any one and he answered in the negative as well.

5. So what happened? At this point he narrated how someone called him two days to the day he was debited pretending to be some person from his bank. He said the person requested for his date of birth which he didn't provide, he did was basically rude to the person before the said person ended the call.

So I being IT savvy suspected an inside job. I told him the act must've be carried out by someone in the bank, a staff perhaps. I asked him to go to the bank the follow day to make problem and he did. He went to the bank shouting at everyone. He requested for his account statement, requested for information on who authorized the transfer, the channel the debit was carried out, threatened to sue the bank branch, branch manager, account officer, basically every person in the bank. He threatened that he was going to EFCC, he called his kid brother who is a lawyer.

The bank manager pleaded with him to calm down and come back the next day, that the matter was going to be investigated internally.

On his way home my people, he got a credit alert of the exact sum that was debited from his account. I asked him to continue with the case to prevent others from experiencing same but he refused and dropped the case. I was super disappointed though but that day my eyes were opened, I concluded that we have criminals in our banks.

Thieves full banks these days. Most of the fraudulent acts in our banks are carried out by bank officials. Everybody open your eyes. I'm no fraudster nor banker and I don't know how their system work but money doesn't just vanish from people's account like that without trace.

CC Seun, Lala

Masterchi

4 Likes

Re: RE: What I Saw At The Bank Today by overdrive(m): 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
shocked
Re: RE: What I Saw At The Bank Today by Kdon2: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
masterchi:
I'm writing to share the experience of a close friend. I believe so many persons will find this helpful

You can read the initial post here https://www.nairaland.com/6765707/what-saw-bank-today

So the story,

Early last year, my friend informed me that he just received his salary and few minutes later he got a debit alert of that exert amount. Then he asked for my opinion on what I think he should do.

From the alert, it neither a POS withdrawal nor an ATM transaction. It reflected like an over the counter transaction. Bit then I still asked him few questions

1. Did you give your card to anyone to make withdrawal and he answered in the negative

2. Did you carryout any online transaction and he answered in the negative.

3. Did your phone or some linked to the account get stolen and he also answered in the negative.

4. Did you issue bank check any one and he answered in the negative as well.

5. So what happened? At this point he narrated how someone called him two days to the day he was debited pretending to be some person from his bank. He said the person requested for his date of birth which he didn't provide, he did was basically rude to the person before the said person ended the call.

So I being IT savvy suspected an inside job. I told him the act must've be carried out by someone in the bank, a staff perhaps. I asked him to go to the bank the follow day to make problem and he did. He went to the bank shouting at everyone. He requested for his account statement, requested for information on who authorized the transfer, the channel the debit was carried out, threatened to sue the bank branch, branch manager, account officer, basically every person in the bank. He threatened that he was going to EFCC, he called his kid brother who is a lawyer.

The bank manager pleaded with him to calm down and come back the next day, that the matter was going to be investigated internally.

On his way home my people, he got a credit alert of the exact sum that was debited from his account. I asked him to continue with the case to prevent others from experiencing same but he refused and dropped the case. I was super disappointed though but that day my eyes were opened, I concluded that we have criminals in our banks.

Thieves full banks these days. Most of the fraudulent acts in our banks are carried out by bank officials. Everybody open your eyes. I'm no fraudster nor banker and I don't know how their system work but money doesn't just vanish from people's account like that without trace.

CC Seun, Lala

Masterchi

Good post
Re: RE: What I Saw At The Bank Today by xpressionx(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
hmm
Re: RE: What I Saw At The Bank Today by ChiefSosa(m): 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
Shouldn't have dropped the case.
Left to me: I'll sue them for more money. They'll be totally finessed, same way they tried finessing me!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why People Join Pwan? / GOTV Is A Scam / Should Loan Apps Be Banned From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.