Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,855 members, 7,956,227 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

Anambra 2021: I Have No Case To Answer At USA, Uk,​ Senator Uba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: I Have No Case To Answer At USA, Uk,​ Senator Uba (398 Views)

Senator Uba Sani Wins APC Guber Primaries In Kaduna / Senator Uba Sani Declares To Run For Governor Of Kaduna State / Maina: I Have No Case To Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2021: I Have No Case To Answer At USA, Uk,​ Senator Uba by okeychris(m): 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
By Okey Okoye

The Governorship candidate of All Progressive Congress (APC), senator Andy Uba, Tuesday, denied allegations that he was barred from entering United Kindom and United States of America due to some corrupt practices.

Some online media houses including Premium Times, had claimed that Uba, was barred after allegedly engaging in corrupt practices as a personal assistant to the former president Olusegun Obasanjo on Domestic Affairs.

But the former Senator to Anambra South, in a statement signed by the Director General of his campaign council, Hon. Paul Chukwuma, described it as a fake news, adding that he had travelled to the countries recently.

"AUCC is constrained to make a proper response on the matter given that a highly respected medium, the Premium Times, inexplicably made its platform available for its use and unprofessionally called such trash. As published on 20th September, the media concerned, including Premium Times, alleged that Sen. Uba was indicted some years back for, in their own words, "smuggling dollars to the U.S and pound to the UK'.

"The next statement in the report betrayed the true intention of the story as smear campaign when it added that Andy Uba is already "a step away from possibly becoming the next governor of Anambra State. As pointed out, the said report had been​ circulated in the media 18 years ago, even when Sen. Uba contested and won Anambra Governorship election. What this means is that the report was of no effect then and would be of no effect in the forthcoming election.

" Secondly, between then and now, Sen. Uba has been in UK and US countless number of times. As a matter of fact, Sen. Uba was in the US barely two months ago on some high level engagements. If there were issues on the alleged indictment, certainly credible media, both in Nigeria and the countries involved would have reported it.

"Publishing a rehash of a purported affidavit that made the claims as it were without an update on the case clearly portrays gross uprofessionalism by the selected media involved. For the avoidance of doubt, Sen. Uba, since his advent in Nigerian politics has proven to be a rare breed. He has carefully kept a clean nose in keeping with his deep moral principles," he revealed.
Re: Anambra 2021: I Have No Case To Answer At USA, Uk,​ Senator Uba by Solsix(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
Try go there nah
Re: Anambra 2021: I Have No Case To Answer At USA, Uk,​ Senator Uba by inoki247: 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ok shey mak we come help u book flight ni...
Re: Anambra 2021: I Have No Case To Answer At USA, Uk,​ Senator Uba by Kosisoh: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Anambra 2021: I Have No Case To Answer At USA, Uk,​ Senator Uba by Ofunaofu: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Called Igbos Dot, But Facts Prove North Is The Real Dot / BIAFRA Vs SOMALIA / Ifeanyi Uba Campaign Truck Mobbed By Igbos In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.