Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,086 members, 7,953,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:55 PM

Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges (20491 Views)

Police Dismiss Kogi Inspector Over Extortion (Photo) / NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres / EFCC Arrests Shehu Sani Over "Extortion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by almarthins(m): 7:30am On Sep 23, 2021
Traplord09:
https://m.guardian.ng/news/foreign-cargo-airlines-depart-empty-over-extortion-multiple-charges/

I weep for this country. With all the extortion nothing on ground to show for it
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by eliwa47(m): 7:32am On Sep 23, 2021
How will the economy be stable? When it is bribery and corruption everywhere. So sorry for this country called ZOO.
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by gratiaeo(m): 7:33am On Sep 23, 2021
What do we even have to export? Is it beans that have climb from N300 to N2300 for paint rubber under Buhari junta. Can we talk about the price of rice, yam, bread and other essential commodities. Buhari government is pure evil

1 Like

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Mac2016(m): 7:36am On Sep 23, 2021
It's so disheartening. Nigeria's woes are far from over.
Their focus is very wrong just because they want to "fund" the economy they are killing it.
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Traplord09: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2021
benuejosh:
People complain that the government is corrupt but I put it to us, that we are the corruption we talk about.

If de Father
Can't teach is child what to do.what do u expt from de child
Old aways be divide and rule... ......
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by MotiveU(f): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2021
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by seanjy4konji: 7:40am On Sep 23, 2021
Cursed country...

That servant dog called efcc chairman will see and hear stories like this that is causing major damage to the economy and ignore...Corruption at goverment ministries and parastatals that have collapsed everything...no.

He will be chasing boy up and down because they bought a tokunbo car and he is fighting corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by SEGLIZ: 7:43am On Sep 23, 2021
GOFRONT:
Everything failure......What do u expect under father failure??
learn to stay on point. the fibre of Nigeria has been in deep too shitty before this administration. you are corrupt, I am corrupt every and an average Nigerian is deadly corrupt.

it shows how bad this thing about this country is. every government quarters, private sector cut corners. the Nigerian Civil Service is just a messy filled stink Pandora Box.

until we as citizen change our ways for the better no iota of change is in sight for the nation. God, Jesus won't come down to change things we have to face it headlong.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by oglalasioux(m): 7:43am On Sep 23, 2021
benuejosh:
People complain that the government is corrupt but I put it to us, that we are the corruption we talk about.

And what is government supposed to do? Fold it's arms and look while the 'we' you say are corrupt go on or arrest those involved, try and send them to jail to deter others? Nigerians are corrupt because government is corrupt. Once our government start living by example everyone will fall in line.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Kaiser20: 7:46am On Sep 23, 2021
omowolewa:
Nothing to export
The Lazy government of Nigeria relies heavily on oil and gas that they want to kill other avenues of earning foreign currency.
They rather borrow from China instead.
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Creamz(m): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2021
Why wouldn't the naira fall against the dollar when things like these are happening. The country is a mess under Buhari!
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Kayberg: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2021
When it's not cow…
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Crieff(m): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2021
You'd think that after a damning report such as these, heads will roll and the needed adjustments will be made but....

How a govt that is self-styled anti-graft can be so stupidly blind to wholesale, overt corruption in-its-face never ceases to beat me. I can't understand it. I cant.
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2021
Traplord09:
https://m.guardian.ng/news/foreign-cargo-airlines-depart-empty-over-extortion-multiple-charges/

Nigeria must be the dumbest country in the world. Even a secondary school student knows a country has to export to earn Forex exchange. But no, the government of this country want to control money that the regions earn by stifling manufacturing and export. Instead they prefer to take foreign loans and share it to "deserving" regions or use as bait to force states to do their political will. Cutting of your ear to spire your face, I say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by just2endowed: 7:49am On Sep 23, 2021
benuejosh:

I beg tell them. Some are even worst and more corrupt than buhari. Give an average Nigeria power, and you see their true nature. Hypocrites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by ozome15(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2021
Everything happeing to me and you in this country is not all by buhari. It`s me and you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2021
They charge to export Nigerian goods?

Who are we doing?
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Average9jaman: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2021
Traplord09:

This administration is a cataclysmic failure, throwing the majority into severe poverty, there is nothing they have done to help the average man on the streets
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by King44(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2021
A lot to export but the government agencies won't allow it
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Johel(m): 8:01am On Sep 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by starstaz(m): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2021
Stupidity. It is stupid for a fantastically corrupt country not to know when to softened the pedal when facing humongous economic crises like and not limited to falling naira to dollar, stagflation, high prices of basic food items in the market compounded by self inflicted security issues etc to now block export due to stupid govt agencies at the airport is insanity at its best.
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by madridguy(m): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2021
Among the 16 sundry charges tracked for goods coming in or departing the country via airports, only five are officially recognised.

This is one of the major reason our Naira is loosing value day by day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by joyandfaith: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2021
Traplord09:

It is only health workers especially doctors, pharmacists and nurses that are not corrupt like other civil servants and this is so because doctors are still managing the hospitals.
Nigerians swim, bath, cloth, eat, drink, sing, dance and sleep in corruption.
Osinbajo is a failure. All governors have nothing to offer.
I will exempt Buhari because stupidity of people put him there.
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by georgeakins: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2021
donbachi:
Every region was doing well,even till 1913.
Everything evil,wickedness,ritual,nepotism and corruption crept in,in 1914.

Every region was doing well until Jan 1960 when the greedy Ibo soldiers truncated the genuine true federalism we were practising then

1 Like

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Sleekfingers: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2021
Traplord09:

Nigerians are the most greediest and wicked people on earth.....we are our problem....

A friend who is into exporting african foods told me the same thing, about the serious extortion going on at the airport......

Anyway, make dem continue....by the time they totally cripple that sector, our eyes go clear.....most agro - farm produce that you find in Europe now, are from Ghana, vote d' voire, senegal, cameroon, kenya etc...... nigeria used to be leading in exporting agro- produce, especially to the UK and republic of ireland.....but not anymore.....

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Decency2020(f): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2021
xpressionx:
Does Nigeria even have what to export?
Ease of doing business is only a theory here.

Yes she has, only that it needs not to go by cargo.

Nigeria exports corruption and terrorism.
Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Lari03r(m): 8:07am On Sep 23, 2021
You can see why the naira is flailing, we simply do not have exports apart from oil which can facilitate foreign exchange earnings.

You would think the CBN governor would understand but he has outsourced his critical thinking skills to the persons in charge of entrenching rubbish.

If it costs $35k to move 1000 tonnes out of Nigeria, and less than $4k in Ghana, as a business man, you know where would favor your interests.

But the CBN will keep looking for imaginary enemies. Asking a man to come for physical combat over foreign exchange rate which the government has been guilty of manipulating since 2015 due to the existence of multiple rates under government supervision.

The issue of multiple taxation is a big problem that has existed in Nigeria for years.

Our ports are not quick, yet they want to combat unemployment.

We only have one state with a major port despite having 5 viable states where seaports can exist, but they refuse to dredge and develop the seaports.

Then they wanted to build a naval base in Kano -a land locked location with no marine opening.

The question is why is Nigeria operating like a drunkard?

Why will a leader say one thing and then take actions that are against his people

Why is there a palpable lack of leadership and coherence in strategy by MDAs of the Nigerian government? Imagine the revenue loss to citizens because some government agencies want to earn unreasonable revenues?

Does this make sense?

Why is the existence of Nigeria like a glorified concentration camp where nepotism is the only way to get results?

We are facing the same problems we have been trying to solve since 1960.

I'm tired.

In this era of VAT re-appropriation, I think this issue of multiple taxation should be addressed alongside the opening of major port operations in the Niger-Delta states. Anything short of this is economic sabotage.

Nigeria doesn't work because it is structured like an Agbero PLC, pay the thugs, pay the government, and move at ease while the citizens suffer.

Nigeria is too big to be governed from Abuja by myopic politicians who have been close to the corridor of power since 1960.

Let everyone go back to their regions to develop their ethnic nations, at that stage if you continue to act like a fool, your brothers will see through your tomfoolery and they will treat your mess accordingly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by egoldman(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2021
Meanwhile Emefiele is fighting a website being operated from the UK as the reason for naira woes.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by supereagle(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2021
donbachi:
Every region was doing well,even till 1913.
Everything evil,wickedness,ritual,nepotism and corruption crept in,in 1914.

North was not doing well only the South was economically doing well before 1914. The amalgamation was brought together so that the South would support the North. If you say when we were independent of one another when we have regions, I will agree with you. The 1966 coup destroyed everything on that.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Sleekfingers: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2021
WhatCanIsay:
This is very laughable. Everything is upside down in this Buhari regime.

It is said that for there to be economic turnaround, Nigeria should focus on being productive and exportation. To export means that we won't be continually be at the receiving end. It entails that we have something to offer. Today Buhari doesn't want that to work too.

It's very obvious that Buhari is an agent of destruction. He is hellbent on destroying every institution and facets of this nation Nigeria.

Na buhari say make dem dey extort those exporters abi? Nigerians like blaming others for their greediness and criminalities.....

The question should are we the populace doing the right thing? The answer is NO.......an average nigerian is wicked and corrupt....ready to extort or use his/her position to amass wealth......and na these same sets of people will be calling on one useless Jew and arabian God for everything......

1 Like

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by Timfreds(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2021
The country is completely rotten, from head to toe. Pathetic situation I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Cargo Airlines Depart Empty Over Extortion, Multiple Charges by tctrills: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2021
wellmax:

Is he the one making money from the illegal charges?

Among the 16 sundry charges tracked for goods coming in or departing the country via airports, only five are officially recognised.

Nigerians are generally greedy.
It's not a problem of greed but of bad governance.

I have nothing against greedy people but I am against bad government policies and failed agencies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Anenih Resigns From PDP BOT Chairmanship / The Man Who Sat On The Tor Tiv’s Throne– Reuben Abati / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At The GAVI Replenishment Launch At TICAD7 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.