Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

When You Get The Invitation BUT NOT Welcomed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When You Get The Invitation BUT NOT Welcomed (1362 Views)

Invitation To Attend NSIA Aptitude Test / See Hilarious Invitation To Matriculation For A 100L Student / Traditional Marriage Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Get The Invitation BUT NOT Welcomed by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ok let me go straight to the point...
Those of you who go to a place uninvited and not welcomed, how do you do it?

Four weeks ago, a friend saw me after months of not seeing or calling. She said to me ''babe you beef me so tey you no come for my wedding". I was there standing and looking confused. I really couldn't remember me beefing her let alone getting an invitation to her wedding. Though I heard of her wedding, of course the proposal and wedding count down was all over whatsapp status of those we share mutual friends with but she never personally invited me to her wedding. Then I asked her, "did you invite me?" She responded saying, "must I invite you before you come?" I was like seriously I don't go to a place where I am not invited. Even if the whole world is going or attending, as long as I am not invited, I will not go there! Even Jesus Christ invited us severally to come... Matthew 11:28, Isaiah 1:18, Acts 22:16, Galatians 5:13, Revelation 3:20, Mark 1:17, John 1:39, Luke 9:23 etc are all Christ's Invitation to man let alone now...

Some days ago, I realized that it is even one thing to be welcomed when invited and not welcomed even when invited. Meaning it is not everywhere one is being invited that one will be welcomed. When you know that this person has invited me but deep down you can tell that you aren't welcome there, do you still have to go?

Let me give a recent instance, a friend of mine, let me say an ex had an event at her home. Her mom isn't aware that our friendship is over. Some days to the event, her mom invited me. Note, my said friend never told me about the event though I congratulated her via sms, her mom called me to inform me because I am like a daughter to her. She even scolded me for not coming to their house and all but still asked me to come to her daughter's event because it's been long she saw me. After much persuasion, I told the woman that her daughter and I are not talking and also, I don't go to a place uninvited. She asked if she will drive me out of her house, I confidently said No but there is more to the verbal get of my house thing, which is the body language. The body language can drive me out since I wasn't invited. I concluded by saying, "mummy let me respect myself, I will join the celebration on whatsapp status atleast dem never block me there." Luckily for me, Mummy understood me well and even attest to it that she also do not go to places uninvited...

Now I understand that there are persons who go to places uninvited and not welcomed, how do they sit there comfortably or confidently like it's nothing?

Me just here wondering ooo, I come in Peace.

Re: When You Get The Invitation BUT NOT Welcomed by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
unless its a very tight friend, meaning no invitation is needed, anyone else would have to invite me before i come to their do.

as for going somewhere i was not invited, i cant do that.... unless i come as the +1 of someone who was formally invited.

if i dont invite you, then dont come to any of my event....if you do, i will simply walk you out the doors personally.
Re: When You Get The Invitation BUT NOT Welcomed by RiyadhGoddess(f): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
unless its a very tight friend, meaning no invitation is needed, anyone else would have to invite me before i come to their do.

as for going somewhere i was not invited, i cant do that.... unless i come as the +1 of someone who was formally invited.

if i dont invite you, then dont come to any of my event....if you do, i will simply walk you out the doors personally.

Lool at the last paragraph. That's harsh lool

(1) (Reply)

Staff Suspended For Campaigning For Tinubu In The North / Juwa 777 APK Download (latest Version)v1.0.63 For Android & IOS / Smart Lines (not Proverbs Or Adages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.