Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. (17834 Views)

Let's Mention Some Positive Things About Nigeria / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well / Top 10 Pictures That Will Remind You Of The Old Good Days, No 6 Will Shock You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by money121(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2021
Chaii
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by LadySarah: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2021
We were having a meeting with the Npower ppl when one of them although late Sat on the stack of chairs instead of removing just one.My senior colleague called his attention to it. You won't believe how this guy who we later discovered was just an "OND graduate" flared up and warned him/us to respect his person(computer Engineer). That not all of them are O level. SMH.

Fool that was referring to ppl with B. Eng. as the least qualification with that simply dressed petite man having a PhD and more.

5 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by bigpicture001: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2021
Everybody in Nigeria abandoned principles and morals when it come to money... They actually steal

8 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by SenecaTheYonger: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2021
You can blame women for all that.
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by pek(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2021
When people borrow and don't pay back. Worse is that they will want to make you look bad for even asking for it. One even told me Nigeria sef dey owe

15 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by bigcee(m): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2021
Gadafii:
thinking and acting like you are smart.

when u are smart i will know without you showing or telling me, cos when i meet people i usually act like i am slow, to gauge ur level of smartness grin grin

i know a friend that every single time he has the opportunity he will always wants to play the smart one, if we hang out together, he wants me to foot the entire bill, last time i hung out with him, we wen to swim, i paid his gatefee cos i invited him to come with me, i was shocked when this guy asked me to give him transport money when we were thru, i was boiling inside of me, but i just maintain calm, swipe him enough money to take him home and swore never to go out with him again.

several weeks later, he has been sending me messages that we should hang out again and brainstorm and share ideas lmao, i usually tell him , i am already somehwere with friends, when i am thru i will call him, when i am naked inside my room playing pubg cheesy
He is a bloody user. Baba, you don't need such kind of person as a friend.
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by DonJuan13: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2021
The one I can't understand is the level of dishonesty in the society. Its mind boggling.

8 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by omonzusi10(f): 10:48am On Sep 24, 2021
So true thanks sir.
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by MMXX: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2021
Selfish ungrateful arrogant leeches schocks me the most

like com'on you're so so selfish,u no dey give na only to collect collect you dey afta,oya be grateful for the once u don collect na,na lie so long as the person no fit continue him giving subscription smh

4 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by remsonik(f): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2021
Also some feel they are the only ones to be valued and you look down on others not appreciating their good deeds. You put them at work for you, stressing themselves for you yet others who do same or less than they do are praised for the things they do.

7 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by Johel(m): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2021
7victor:
To me, one of such character is Unnecessary pride.

It only requires a proud person to believe that every other person is below him/her.

It only requires a proud person to imagine that he/she can insult and abuse everyone because he/she is higher than all.

For example, you can see a final year student of the University,

and you try to relate with him, but he would be insulting you, with the mind that he is higher than you academically.

He doesn't even stop to think that you could be a Masters student.

He just conclude in his mind that he is higher than everyone in the school, because he is in final year.

I remember when in camp, some corpers were insulting one of the officials, asking why someone like him have to address them on an issue which I have forgotten.

It turned out later that the man was a PhD holder.

This is the kind of pride that characterizes human interaction.

People don't want to know, they just assumed things out of pride.

I know some people may use pride to characterize their new promotion, job, and etc.

But must you characterize your next level with pride?

Although I know some people who became very humble due to promotion, good job, and etc.

Please share the character people exhibit that shocks you.

Ignorance and stupidity
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by tstx(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2021
Greed
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by peacettw: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Nothing shocks me anymore

3 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by chatinent: 11:03am On Sep 24, 2021
I hardly care what anyone thinks.

3 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by Karleb(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2021
Brandonx:
I’m still shocked at how parents tries to live their lives through their children. undecided

Telling your children the type of friends to keep, How to spend money, who to help with money , who’s evil and who’s not evil.

Even choosing a career undecided

That thing annoy me as fuuckk.

The same parent would not consult you before making important life decisions.

Some widows/widowers/divorcees would remarry without taking guidance from their children but they would be the one to hand pick spouses for their wards.

When people give advice you didn't ask for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by abeliver: 11:10am On Sep 24, 2021
carrying broom upandan to support bunch of criminals..even under rain and sun, the mumu people just shock me
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by Kevinsamba: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2021
Do you play pubg lite
Gadafii:
thinking and acting like you are smart.

when u are smart i will know without you showing or telling me, cos when i meet people i usually act like i am slow, to gauge ur level of smartness grin grin

i know a friend that every single time he has the opportunity he will always wants to play the smart one, if we hang out together, he wants me to foot the entire bill, last time i hung out with him, we wen to swim, i paid his gatefee cos i invited him to come with me, i was shocked when this guy asked me to give him transport money when we were thru, i was boiling inside of me, but i just maintain calm, swipe him enough money to take him home and swore never to go out with him again.

several weeks later, he has been sending me messages that we should hang out again and brainstorm and share ideas lmao, i usually tell him , i am already somehwere with friends, when i am thru i will call him, when i am naked inside my room playing pubg cheesy
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by OhiOfIhima: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2021
When your landlord feel the only thing concern you n him is to collect his rent... All others, Oyo!
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by schoolboymatt(m): 11:11am On Sep 24, 2021
7victor:
Another thing that is very shocking is the tendency of people to hate and abuse good, humble and kind people while evil people are being pampered.
Why do I feel u were talking about Buhari here grin
Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by Brandonx(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2021
Karleb:

The same parent would not consult you before making important life decisions.

You nailed it .
Give them money to help you get a property and watch how they’ll bring something almost obsolete and they’ll say it’s very durable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by Ventura1: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2021
Nepotism by Buhari, it is shocking

1 Like

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by BamakSNR(m): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2021
Referring to everybody with the word" Young man" . To them everybody is small. Do you know my age? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by dinodangana(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2021
When ppl spend big, very shocking, like where them dey see the money from??

1 Like

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by professore(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2021
I am shocked at how people are too quick to say someone else is proud... the person may just be speaking only English and they think he/she is proud etc grin

2 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by NoHoper: 11:26am On Sep 24, 2021
Started giving up on humanity when Nigerian Doctors threatened to go on strike if there's an increase in renumeration for other members of the health sector after they (the doctors that is) got their own increase. Shocked me then, but these days very few things can have such effect. I now understand humans have an inherent tendency to be evil and sadistic regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic and educational status.

2 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by MNDY(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2021
7victor:
To me, one of such character is Unnecessary pride.

It only requires a proud person to believe that every other person is below him/her.

It only requires a proud person to imagine that he/she can insult and abuse everyone because he/she is higher than all.

For example, you can see a final year student of the University,

and you try to relate with him, but he would be insulting you, with the mind that he is higher than you academically.

He doesn't even stop to think that you could be a Masters student.

He just conclude in his mind that he is higher than everyone in the school, because he is in final year.

I remember when in camp, some corpers were insulting one of the officials, asking why someone like him have to address them on an issue which I have forgotten.

It turned out later that the man was a PhD holder.

This is the kind of pride that characterizes human interaction.

People don't want to know, they just assumed things out of pride.

I know some people may use pride to characterize their new promotion, job, and etc.

But must you characterize your next level with pride?

Although I know some people who became very humble due to promotion, good job, and etc.

Please share the character people exhibit that shocks you.

Saying: "I forgive myself, I forgive everyone who has offended me, and I FORGIVE EVERYONE I HAVE OFFENDED."
The last part is such a stu.pid thing to say. Pride will not allow people ask for forgiveness. I hate it with passion.

2 Likes

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by chinae(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2021
It is very annoying how some persons don't mind if person(s) loose their life just to prove their point or to make it obvious that their advice is the best.

1 Like

Re: Mention Some Character In People That Shock You. by Laeroy(f): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2021
bigpicture001:
Everybody in Nigeria abandoned principles and morals when it come to money... They actually steal

You mean everybody including you...

If you also partake in these acts, why then is it a shock to you that someone else does it.?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Different Languages Of Saying ."thank You" / *~Fynestboi Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2013 *~ Congratulations!!! / Learn How To Cook 100 Types Of Nigeria Food From Different Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.