Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? (719 Views)

Lagos Begins Demolition Of Buildings In Ojodu-Berger (Photos) / Building Collapse: Surveyors Seek Re-certification Of Buildings In Lagos Island / Demolition Of Buildings Ongoing In Oyo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? by Acrobatics01: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hi All

Please let me pick your brains on this matter.

In lagos here, I heard of an arrangement where developers would pool funds from different investors and raise a building, then lease the different apartments to the different investors who paid initially for a tenure of 15-20 years depending on the agreement with the landowner. At the end of the tenure, the building will belong to the land owner and all the tenants will find their way. Please let me know if you have done this or know about it. I'm considering it but it's like I can only see the rewards at the moment. what about the risks?
Re: Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? by freshpzy1(m): 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2021
Very good thread

I want to know Abt it too

1 Like

Re: Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? by clarocuzioo(m): 4:25am On Sep 24, 2021
it's a very common practice here in Lagos. I have been involved in one or two.

The location of the land is of utmost importance.

it's called, Build, operate and transfer.
Re: Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? by Acrobatics01: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2021
clarocuzioo:
it's a very common practice here in Lagos. I have been involved in one or two.

The location of the land is of utmost importance.

it's called, Build, operate and transfer.

Thanks man!

Any risks to consider?
Re: Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? by clarocuzioo(m): 8:13am On Sep 24, 2021
Acrobatics01:

Thanks man!

Any risks to consider?

Just be smart in your negotiations and let your agreements be dully documented by a lawyer.
Re: Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? by Acrobatics01: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2021
clarocuzioo:

Just be smart in your negotiations and let your agreements be dully documented by a lawyer.

Thanks again. I heard them quote 4m and 4.5m for a miniflat around yaba. Does is sound good?
Re: Long Term Lease Of Buildings: Who Knows? by clarocuzioo(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2021
Acrobatics01:

Thanks again. I heard them quote 4m and 4.5m for a miniflat around yaba. Does is sound good?

What is the land size
What is the land value
What exactly are they proposing
How long will it take them to deliver the project?
How long will they operate before they transfer?

Ask them these questions and it will help you u derstand certain things better.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2 Units 2bedrm Bungalows For Sale @ Orimerunmu Mowe / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex All Ensuite / Construction And Installation Of Biodigester In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.