Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp (5138 Views)

Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher / The Most Financially Rewarding Areas In Programing. / Choosing Your First Programing Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by sparrowg: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hello senior developers, how can one with no work experience land his or her first job in tech industry with his frontend developer knowledge
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by Enskynelson(m): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
Build things by yourself and for yourself. Add them up to your CV as part of your experiences and jobs completed successfully. Showcase them if asked during interview.
This is my little suggestion. I hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by Ynix(m): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
sparrowg:
Hello senior developers, how can one with no work experience land his or her first job in tech industry with his frontend developer knowledge
go and volunteer in startup labs

1 Like

Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Build nice projects. Create a good portfolio that showcases your skillset and what you know. Create a cv. In your CV give yourself at least 2 years experience. Never say you have no experience. Go on job sites like hotnigerianjobs, indeed, LinkedIn and apply to jobs everyday. Don't stop studying or learning while doing the above.

13 Likes

Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by sparrowg: 7:38am On Sep 24, 2021
Enskynelson:
Build things by yourself and for yourself. Add them up to your CV as part of your experiences and jobs completed successfully. Showcase them if asked during interview.
tensazangetsu20:
Build nice projects. Create a good portfolio that showcases your skillset and what you know. Create a cv. In your CV give yourself at least 2 years experience. Never say you have no experience. Go on job sites like hotnigerianjobs, indeed, LinkedIn and apply to jobs everyday. Don't stop studying or learning while doing the above.

Thanks very much ...
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by sparrowg: 7:39am On Sep 24, 2021
Ynix:
go and volunteer in startup labs

Thank you very much... any suggestion for any startup??
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by LikeAking: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good luck to op
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by Ynix(m): 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
sparrowg:

Thank you very much... any suggestion for any startup??
Where are you based
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by sparrowg: 7:47am On Sep 25, 2021
Ynix:

Where are you based

I base in abuja but can relocate anytime
Can i dm You.
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by Ynix(m): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2021
sparrowg:

I base in abuja but can relocate anytime
Can i dm You.
Good, there are lots of them in Abuja.
Enspire, Wenovation among others.
You can try applying for a program called Next Economy to get on board or anyone initiated by FATE foundation.
Do your research
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by bet9ja(m): 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
sparrowg:

Before i landed my first job as a Software Engineer. I had developed 5 to 6 different websites using Wordpress and custom html/css/php based on clients requirement. So, before i started looking for a job opportunity, I did a google search for a junior web developer position and i copied out the duties/responsibilities of the job role.

That gave me ideal of what is expected and i went back to the drawing board to learn those technologies that were mostly outline on the job offers.

I up-skill myself and feel confidence to upload my CV on Pnet, Career24/Linkedin, etc. Then started getting invitations to come for interview.
I attended 3 interviews and got 2 offers out of the 3. The last one said i over-qualify.

I hope someone will learn from my Journey.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by africonn: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
bet9ja:

Before i landed my first job as a Software Engineer. I had developed 5 to 6 different websites using Wordpress and custom html/css/php based on clients requirement. So, before i started looking for a job opportunity, I did a google search for a junior web developer position and i copied out the duties/responsibilities of the job role.

That gave me ideal of what is expected and i went back to the drawing board to learn those technologies that were mostly outline on the job offers.

I up-skill myself and feel confidence to upload my CV on Pnet, Career24/Linkedin, etc. Then started getting invitations to come for interview.
I attended 3 interviews and got 2 offers out of the 3. The last one said i over-qualify.

I hope someone will learn from my Journey.

Which year?
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by joynoy73: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
do you have any experience in flutter?
Re: How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp by airsaylongcome: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
Enskynelson:

Cannot be over emphasised

(1) (Reply)

Ruby Programmers And Programming / Android Game Programming For Subway Surfers / Do you Need A Very Cheap Hosting For A Small Web Project? Just 2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.