Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Ohanaeze Condemns Army Officer’s Dehumanization Of NYSC Member - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ohanaeze Condemns Army Officer’s Dehumanization Of NYSC Member (2799 Views)

NYSC Condemns Condition Of Niger Camp Published / NYSC Member Reconstructs Tap Water In Kwara / Burial Poster Of Kogi State NYSC Member Who Died In Service On December 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Condemns Army Officer’s Dehumanization Of NYSC Member by Insidenaija: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2021
An apex Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has expressed outrage over the maltreatment of Ezeiruaku Ifenyinwa Fidelia, a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member in Cross River, Newspremises reports.

According to reports, the female corp member is serving in the 13th Brigade Command of the Nigerian Army in Calabar, the state capital.

She was allegedly dehumanized by a female soldier, one Lt. Chika Viola Anele, an assault that have since, went viral after it was caught on camera.

Ohanaeze president in Cross Rivers state, Ugoji Nwabueze, in a statement on Friday, condemned the unprofessional act of the female soldier, notting that the incident placed the integrity and public relations principles of the army before the court of public conscience.

Nwabueze stated that, in a democratic nation, the protection of the fundamental rights of citizens is sacrosanct.

“No matter the height of provocation, Anele crossed the red line of decorum and decency expected of an officer of that level”, he said.

Nwabueze however, applauded the Brigade Commander for offering an immediate investigation that led to the identification and arrest of the suspect.

Meanwhile, Army spokesperson Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, has disclosed that the officer’s behaviour was against established precepts of discipline.

According to him, “the NA condemns this unimaginable level of infraction by personnel in its ranks. The officer’s actions have caused the NA monumental embarrassment.”

Nwachukwu had however, announced that the suspect will undergo regimental orders (trial) in line with the extant provisions of the Armed Forces Act.

Furthermore, Nwachukwu charged the general public to continue to report abuses to Human Rights Desks in all Army formations.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/ohanaeze-condemns-army-officers-dehumanization-of-nysc-member/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns Army Officer’s Dehumanization Of NYSC Member by 7victor(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2021
Some people are of the belief that the corps member must have done something very bad to warrant such treatment.

Their theory for this is that she accepted the punishment and did not offer resistance, because she must had done something very bad.

Someone even suggested that the reason NYSC has asked the girl to leave the state may be because of what she did. But I believe the corps member is innocent.

Whatever really happened,I believe the soldier went too far.

But sometimes, a civilian must also learn to respect a soldier, particularly if the soldier is not disrespecting the civilian, but is minding his/her business.

I once entered a luxurious night bus, with many female soldiers taking over all the back seat, because sometimes, soldiers don't want civilians to sit behind them.

The soldiers were all in mufti, so some people may not have known they were soldiers.

As I was admiring one Igbo female soldier, because she was telling other female soldiers about different things concerning the army,I sitting in her front,

the conductor came and saw her sitting on top of the Headrest part of her seat, behind which were loads.

He began to harrass her, pushing her, asking her to sit on her seat and calling her names.

It was like he was doing it to tell me
"Look this woman you are admiring is nothing"

It was as much as she could do not to retaliate.

Some soldiers would have proven themselves to show that everything they were claiming was not a lie.

Even when she started asking the man whether he was an animal, and was speaking about him being a bloody civilian,

the man still pretended as if he didn't know she was a soldier, since only soldiers can use those words.

Other female soldiers were trying to settle the matter in peace by begging the man.

Had it been they reacted negatively and it reached the public domain, everyone would be condemning the soldiers, without trying to find out what really happened.

I have seen civilians harassing soldiers.

So many people can also relate to what I am saying.

In the Karaye NYSC camp,I witnessed one incident.

After that, I have witnessed like 2 to 3 other incidents of a civilian shouting at a soldier or doing something demeaning to a soldier.

There is no one in Nairaland who can claim that he/she has not witnessed a civilian harassing a soldier before.

Civilians should avoid it.

I tell the truth: Most soldiers will NEVER harrass you,if you respect them and respect yourself,

unless they are going on a revenge mission and consider everyone in the area as enemy.

There are some who can act badly under the influence of drugs although.

(1) (Reply)

Batch B Stream 2, Cross Rivers Lets Meet Here / NYSC 2015 Batch B Stream 2 Is Passing Out November 4th Is False / Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.