Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,704 members, 7,955,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates (1648 Views)

More Pressure On Naira Ahead Possible Interest Rate Hike / Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result / I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by lajid: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hi everyone, trust y’all are great.

So I’ve been thinking lately regarding the topic above. It happened that I graduated recently, result was out last week and I did graduate with a first class by God’s grace.
Hopefully I’ll be going for service soon.

But then, when you look around and tell people you’re on first class (before I did graduate with it), you hear people saying “oh na first class no dey get job pass self”, “who first class epp”, and all sort.

I know it doesn’t mean you’ll get everything your way but common, I can’t just fold my hands and not read when I know I can.

Also, there’s this pressure on first class graduates, people would expect you to get going after service, people are monitoring you to see how you fare and waiting to use you as a point of discussion when things go wrong.

So to the first class graduates and those with 2.1, how did you make good use of your grade. I’ll love to hear it.

P.S: To the “comot here, go learn a skill” gang, I’m doing pretty well for my self. Currently earn 6 figures in naira from my online biz. I only need your thoughts on this and advice if possible.

1 Like

Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
Dont mind them. Only bitter people say that. Focus on getting a scholarship during your NYSC year and run away from Nigeria. The country is finished.
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by lajid: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Dont mind them. Only bitter people say that. Focus on getting a scholarship during your NYSC year and run away from Nigeria. The country is finished.

Yeah thanks. I think you’re the programmer guy, I draw inspiration from your story. I want to learn programming by the side but then omo the thing is not easy due to my online stuff.

As for the scholarship part, I’ll try to get one definitely.
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2021
lajid:

Yeah thanks. I think you’re the programmer guy, I draw inspiration from your story. I want to learn programming by the side but then omo the thing is not easy due to my online stuff.

As for the scholarship part, I’ll try to get one definitely.
Programming is also another option but if you don't have the money a good laptop and data and support system you are better off finding a scholarship.
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by lajid: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Programming is also another option but if you don't have the money a good laptop and data and support system you are better off finding a scholarship.

That wouldn’t be a problem. A good laptop sha won’t pass N250k I believe.

But then, can I learn JavaScript in the remaining 3 months of this year. With at least 4 hours daily?
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by Ajibade123(m): 12:58am On Sep 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

how far bro
please do you use desktopserver??
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:08am On Sep 25, 2021
Ajibade123:

how far bro
please do you use desktopserver??
Na what's that?
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by Gerrard59(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
lajid:
Hi everyone, trust y’all are great.

So I’ve been thinking lately regarding the topic above. It happened that I graduated recently, result was out last week and I did graduate with a first class by God’s grace.
Hopefully I’ll be going for service soon.

But then, when you look around and tell people you’re on first class (before I did graduate with it), you hear people saying “oh na first class no dey get job pass self”, “who first class epp”, and all sort.

I know it doesn’t mean you’ll get everything your way but common, I can’t just fold my hands and not read when I know I can.

Also, there’s this pressure on first class graduates, people would expect you to get going after service, people are monitoring you to see how you fare and waiting to use you as a point of discussion when things go wrong.

So to the first class graduates and those with 2.1, how did you make good use of your grade. I’ll love to hear it.

P.S: To the “comot here, go learn a skill” gang, I’m doing pretty well for my self. Currently earn 6 figures in naira from my online biz. [b]I only need your thoughts on this and advice if [/b]possible.

Stay away from such people in real life and look away from their comments online. Good a thing you earn well enough because from my experience, it begins to bother one when the person earns lower or isn't doing well in his/her chosen endeavour. Another one will be when as a first class graduate, you have many of your classmates who had lower grades but aren't first class graduates abroad. Although, this will depend on your desires/interests but generally, you should be doing well to avoid being overwhelmed by those little talks.

People will always talk.

4 Likes

Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by lajid: 2:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
Gerrard59:

Stay away from such people in real life and look away from their comments online. Good a thing you earn well enough because from my experience, it begins to bother one when the person earns lower or isn't doing well in his/her chosen endeavour. Another one will be when as a first class graduate, you have many of your classmates who had lower grades but aren't first class graduates abroad. Although, this will depend on your desires/interests but generally, you should be doing well to avoid being overwhelmed by those little talks.

People will always talk.

Thanks, I appreciate. Not really overwhelmed, the thoughts just came to my head when I saw the results last week.

I don’t even think I’ll go looking for employment, cause I earn well enough from my work from biz that I’m sure employers won’t pay till you have years of experience.

I’ll just set up businesses to be managed for me while I face by online work.
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by Ajibade123(m): 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Na what's that?
like his do you run WordPress offline??
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
Ajibade123:

like his do you run WordPress offline??
I use xampp or localwp. My workplace uses localwp cause of its compatibility with wpengine our wordpress hosting platform of choice.

1 Like

Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by Ajibade123(m): 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I use xampp or localwp. My workplace uses localwp cause of its compatibility with wpengine our wordpress hosting platform of choice.
so one can use Xampp to program WordPress offline??
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
Ajibade123:

so one can use Xampp to program WordPress offline??
Yeah.
Re: The Pressure On “first Class” Graduates by Ajibade123(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Yeah.
alright thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Make Your Driving Licence With Us, New Or Renewal / Nospecto / Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.