Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,212 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago (1678 Views)

N287k Withdrawn From 87-Year-Old Man's Union Bank Account, Leaving N1k / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / Thief Caught Withdrawing People's Money From ATM With Sim Pack & Card In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by slyfox35(m): 2:42am On Sep 25, 2021
A 100k was deposited into my account,and I decided to stroll to a POS center to withdraw 2k for bread and suya,after withdrawal,I came back home,since I don't get sim Alert,I depend solely on my bank app,on opening it,I saw a significant decrease in my account,not what was supposed to be there after POS withdrawal.
Initially,I thought to go and break the POS agents head but I decided to check my account history,lo and behold! Airtime purchase of 200 naira each...long... like Akure to Zamfara,I was shocked,the number looked familiar,then I realized it was my sim which I misplaced more than a year ago.
Mehn!! Fear hold me,I had to quickly call the number,and the guy was forming" I don't know you sir" It was evening already, I couldn't go to the bank.
I quickly transferred everything in my account to another account o.
I called the number again,the guy didn't pick... instead he called me back (too much card na)..The way I threaten this guy ehn,like say I get wetin I go fit do "He was like please sir,I won't do it again" and I was like "try it and see me on your doorstep tomorrow,are u not shocked how I traced your number?
But the whole point is,I was careless to leave my KYC data unattended to for a year plus.
But still,why will you buy a new sim, registered in your name,and you will still be getting alerts from someone else's bank(because I have a sim like that now). Is that not incompetence and foolishness in our banking system.
Imagine if this guy was smarter than this,maybe I for don naked dey waka for outside. Una for come see headline like "nairalander runs mad after withdrawals from his account,calls uncle lala for help".
Jokes apart though,I thank God say na so e reach,first thing on Monday morning,I dey go bank sharp go update my KYC data.

Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by xpressionx(m): 3:30am On Sep 25, 2021
Send him your number let him transfer the money back to you. Taking what is not yours is stealing
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Enskynelson(m): 4:21am On Sep 25, 2021
You were lucky o.
Cover the sensitive part of the alerts you posted as well.
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Alexjohn2020(m): 4:57am On Sep 25, 2021
Wey the 10k airtime, just 200naira??
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Boogyman557: 5:02am On Sep 25, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool DAT AINT RITE. SO SORRY MAN

1 Like

Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by samwash(m): 5:16am On Sep 25, 2021
The bank are not to blame but the service provider. I guess before they resell the line to someone else they should have deactivate all your data from the SIM.
What you should have done them when you misplace your SIM is to contact your bank so that they can block any transactions from that line.
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by mainkendo: 5:21am On Sep 25, 2021
angry. You should sue the network for negligence.
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Aganju849: 5:55am On Sep 25, 2021
slyfox35:
A 100k was deposited into my account,and I decided to stroll to a POS center to withdraw 2k for bread and suya,after withdrawal,I came back home,since I don't get sim Alert,I depend solely on my bank app,on opening it,I saw a significant decrease in my account,not what was supposed to be there after POS withdrawal.
Initially,I thought to go and break the POS agents head but I decided to check my account history,lo and behold! Airtime purchase of 200 naira each...long... like Akure to Zamfara,I was shocked,the number looked familiar,then I realized it was my sim which I misplaced more than a year ago.
Mehn!! Fear hold me,I had to quickly call the number,and the guy was forming" I don't know you sir" It was evening already, I couldn't go to the bank.
I quickly transferred everything in my account to another account o.
I called the number again,the guy didn't pick... instead he called me back (too much card na)..The way I threaten this guy ehn,like say I get wetin I go fit do "He was like please sir,I won't do it again" and I was like "try it and see me on your doorstep tomorrow,are u not shocked how I traced your number?
But the whole point is,I was careless to leave my KYC data unattended to for a year plus.
But still,why will you buy a new sim, registered in your name,and you will still be getting alerts from someone else's bank(because I have a sim like that now). Is that not incompetence and foolishness in our banking system.
Imagine if this guy was smarter than this,maybe I for don naked dey waka for outside. Una for come see headline like "nairalander runs mad after withdrawals from his account,calls uncle lala for help".
Jokes apart though,I thank God say na so e reach,first thing on Monday morning,I dey go bank sharp go update my KYC data.

We'll be seeing more of such bizarre crimes as the economy tanks further and Nigerians get more and more desperate cheesy
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Arewalegend: 5:59am On Sep 25, 2021
Two of una dey mad
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by slyfox35(m): 6:51am On Sep 25, 2021
xpressionx:
Send him your number let him transfer the money back to you.
Taking what is not yours is stealing
I was so Angry yesterday threatening him that I forgot to tell him that,I definitely am trying that this morning.
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by slyfox35(m): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Arewalegend:
Two of una dey mad
I nor pray make he happen to you sha,but if he happen,then you go know say at that point in time...Mad man mind dey sane pass person own wey dem dey withdraw he money from bank

1 Like

Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by slyfox35(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool DAT AINT RITE. SO SORRY MAN
Thanks bro..Am just happy he didn't finish me of before I realized

1 Like

Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by slyfox35(m): 6:55am On Sep 25, 2021
Enskynelson:
You were lucky o.
Cover the sensitive part of the alerts you posted as well.
I surely was,and thanks,I have done just that
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by slyfox35(m): 7:01am On Sep 25, 2021
Alexjohn2020:
Wey the 10k airtime, just 200naira??
Bros,I nor fit post all the picture,the guy withdraw 200 naira airtime into more than 40 places...shey you see say all wey I post na different time,see another photo again,check the time difference

Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by DSC7: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2021
Eeeyaaaaa,,,

Please take heart bro.....

Criminals plenty these days all thanks to bubu.....
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Aganju849: 8:38am On Sep 25, 2021
samwash:
The bank are not to blame but the service provider. I guess before they resell the line to someone else they should have deactivate all your data from the SIM.
What you should have done them when you misplace your SIM is to contact your bank so that they can block any transactions from that line.

Exactly they should've scrubbed the SIM before recycling it. Very useless people all they know is how to steal from subscribers
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by slyfox35(m): 10:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Aganju849:

Exactly they should've scrubbed the SIM before recycling it. Very useless people all they know is how to steal from subscribers
That's the reason for the saying "common sense is not common"
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Alexjohn2020(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2021
slyfox35:

Bros,I nor fit post all the picture,the guy withdraw 200 naira airtime into more than 40 places...shey you see say all wey I post na different time,see another photo again,check the time difference
wow.....na wa o
Re: Airtime Worth 10k Withdrawn From My Account With Sim I Misplaced One Year Ago by Utoimie: 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
Same happened to me before.. 15K worth of credit already bought from my account in 200 & 500 naira tranches before i found out .. I immediately did debit frozen for all my bank account associated with the number... Following day, went to the bank & did account info update...

(1) (Reply)

Popular Yahoo Boy In Benin Run Mad In Grand Style As Baba Money Ritual Fail / Man Who Defiled 2-yr-old Says ‘I Don’t Even Understand What Is Happening’ / Several Killed In Nigeria Brothel Blast:matter Getting Close To Us Ashawo Boysue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.