Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Choice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choice (2530 Views)

How Can One Sell Him/herself In Career World / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? / How To Meet Your Heroes And Get Them To Partner With You In Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choice by KingBade(m): 9:57am On Sep 25, 2021
Good day everyone, please I need your general opinion and advise as regards the issue I'm having at the moment.

I am an engineering graduate, who has just completed his master's program. I have been searching for a job for some time now.

The issue now is I recently got a analyst trainee program job and also another at the Immigration Service, I'm having a hard time choosing which job to select. Personally, I think the analyst job would be best as it would provide the opportunity to develop myself and also I can later go on to practice my engineering profession unlike the immigration job that's streamlined.

Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
Re: Choice by 1forall: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
Final decision would really depend on you but here are a few things to conaider. Immigration is a federal civil service position, and the other is probably private sector(?). How secure is the trainee role? What prospects does the position/organization hold for the future?

The immigration role is secure, with regular pay and NHIS. Although promotion may not be based on merit only, and you will likely have to engage in side hustling as most civil servants do on the job.

Compare these with the benefits of the other in your decision making.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Choice by KingBade(m): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2021
Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.
1forall:
Final decision would really depend on you but here are a few things to conaider. Immigration is a federal civil service position, and the other is probably private sector(?). How secure is the trainee role? What prospects does the position/organization hold for the future?

The immigration role is secure, with regular pay and NHIS. Although promotion may not be based on merit only, and you will likely have to engage in side hustling as most civil servants do on the job.

Compare these with the benefits of the other in your decision making.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

AVEVA Plant Design Management System PDMS Training / Igbo Muslim Naval Cadet Graduates 2nd Best From His Dept In NDA / I'm Feeling Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.