Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? (10138 Views)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / How Long Have You Been Attending Your Present Church? / What Is Your Church Theme For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Freelane33(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2021
Here to read comment
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by AmbassadorB(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2021
Attending Church service has really thought me how the love of God is Shared abroad not despising anyone, black, white, rich, poor, and all. Oh the testimonies of Transformed lives, healing, miracles, promotion and all.
Personally it has taught me Temperance and at peace with life knowing I'm Victorious.
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Truefaith: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2021
Fhr
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by greypencils: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2021
None
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by sylve11: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Non

This is not a joke.

I believe you.

Inside church they have cartels, backstage, gossips, people who keep malice etc. cool

1 Like

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by jubrilELsudan: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2021
HAVING NITE VIGIL WITH THE CHURCH GIRLS IN MY ROOM.

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2021
I don't know about from church, but I've developed some from reading the bible on my private time.
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Waffarianman(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2021
To me every good or bad character are inside every human not just attending church will make a good person.

My former boss is a leader in his church but he's a chronic theif and a lier. I know what am saying

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by fredoooooo: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2021
Going to church will not make you a better person if you don't have it in you

1 Like

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by jaxxy(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2021
Too many. If u pay attention and go to a proper church bt many churches these days are doing what suits them and not what the early church did.
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by lexy2014: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2021
OtemAtum:
It's only by determination and self discipline that you can develop good character. Going to church doesn't make anyone good, better, bad or worse. As a matter of fact, we have good atheists and bad christians all over the world. Sometimes it could also be vice-versa. There are many bad pastors' wife than good ones, some people who get their salaries from pastors' wife can relate to this. To be good in life, you have to work on your conscience. Be a humanist. Always be sympathetic, determine to be good. See yourself as a helper, but don't let them see you as a maga.
Discarding religion has actually helped me to be a better person in life anyways, contrary to the purpose of this topic. It could be the other way round for some people though.

this is lovely and spot on

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Martinez39s(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2021
Religion and going to holy places do not make one a good person. A good person doesn't need religion to be good; such will be good regardless of religion and religion makes no different to his/her moral compass. The same applies to bad people.

Most of the terrible humans I have met in my short life are religious people, even pastors aren't exempted.

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Idamond: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2021
phr0nesis:
Haven't been to Church for a very long time but I love God and strive everyday to live a godly life

how would u live a godly life wen u don't know God..
doing good doesn't make u God's child but knowing God his personality mame you a child of God

1 Like

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 26, 2021
Hallelujah, if u have anyone the can assist in Sweden visa assist me

BigDawsNet:
When I was in Nigeria...I used to sleep during preaching ...I have no idea how it happened..the usher will always tap me to rearrange....

But when I relocated and started attending church here...I haven't slept during preaching for once...and hav attending services for over hundred times....

Somebody help to shout hallelujah!!!

God that answer my prayer will answer yours too

Happy Sunday
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Idamond: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2021
SonofGod231:
So many churches in this country yet the Devil and his agents go about their activities freely,in broad daylight.
The moment I realized the Church was now some sort of Cult was the moment I stopped going to church.
Going to Church doesn't make you a better person. Let's face it .
Na nonsense I dey go see for churches.

because Mr A is using church to cover his bad things doesn't mean Mr B should denounce God or stop going to church..
if you think you're not please with a particular church or it doesn't lift your faith you change denomination.
God is one but knowing God is another thing.. hey don't allow another man's sin to rub you, kingdom raise is personal.. God bless u

3 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2021
grin grin grin grin the character of Understanding most of them sisters be Taking Serious D!CK in secret . grin
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by chuksoyo21(m): 10:44am On Sep 26, 2021
Good and bad character are "follow come"...
If you are good, you are good....
Church doesn't change one's character. What does is a personal resolve to turn a new live.
If church changes one's character positively, surely, there won't be criminals as pastors.
Also, the level of societal ills would have greatly been reduced.....
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by BigDawsNet: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2021
Sirjendon:

Hallelujah, if u have anyone the can assist in Sweden visa assist me

Sorry I have no contact
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by greencard: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2021
Martinez39s:
Religion and going to holy places do not make one a good person. A good person doesn't need religion to be good; such will be good regardless of religion and religion makes no different to his/her moral compass. The same applies to bad people.

Most of the terrible humans I have met in my short life are religious people, even pastors aren't exempted.
so how do you learn good deeds?

I understand some churches are corrupt like our govt , some dad's are deadbeat, some mother's are 2faced , some aunt and uncle are rapist and wayward

Some street guys and same street sisters are nota good example

So how do one learn as a growing child
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by greencard: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2021
AlphaAlex:
grin grin grin grin the character of Understanding most of them sisters be Taking Serious D!CK in secret . grin
I know u saying this to make fun or get likes

But sex is inate , doesn't necessarily tell about ones character as good or bad

Ps ; I don't support fornication, just making a point

2 Likes

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by oylam(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2021
Giving
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by phr0nesis(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
Idamond:

how would u live a godly life wen u don't know God..
doing good doesn't make u God's child but knowing God his personality mame you a child of God
I know God, study the Bible, download and listen to messages from some preachers (eg Apostle Joshua Selman). I choose to have a personal fellowship with God

1 Like

Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by dazzlingd(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2021
How to peep at girls backsides without being caught....during prayers all eyes will be closed, my eyes would be opened and I would enjoy a full glance as they bounce their asses in prayer
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Acrobatics01: 11:35am On Sep 26, 2021
MrNipplesLover:
Good characters are buried inside of me.

I didn't have to enter church before I become good to people.

Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤

I wonder what inspired your signature, and it's so strong that you made it conspicuous
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2021
Listening skills!

Active listening.

If I get distracted for a second, I won't know what the pastor is saying.
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2021
Patience.. not by going to church but by knowing God
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by lastchild: 11:48am On Sep 26, 2021
evangelism
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by temielects(m): 11:54am On Sep 26, 2021
I am still in that stage of deep brokenness for sin whenever I commit any..I look forward to proceed to making holy decision irrespective of what's there to gain in unholiness! Make God help me!..Amen.
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2021
Acrobatics01:

I wonder what inspired your signature, and it's so strong that you made it conspicuous

It's just normal lifestyle, bro. Nothing special.

@bold... Smiles.
Nairaland is full of different kind of people, my signature is there for people who operate my kind of lifestyle to know that a member is here.
Also, for nairaland ladies to know the kind of person I am. For that reason, my Ziggy keeps MOST of them Nairaland females at distance, and that's one of the purposes.

If you go far back to my very first comment on nairaland, you will understand.

I hail u, bro.
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Davefed(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2021
I've come to realize that religion is a guide for our earthly journey and it's meant to stop half way for us to continue the journey alone. It only point us to God but doesn't lead us to God. It's our personal effort that lead us to God. If you don't know when to let go of religion it becomes your master.
Re: What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? by Idamond: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2021
phr0nesis:

I know God, study the Bible, download and listen to messages from some preachers (eg Apostle Joshua Selman). I choose to have a personal fellowship with God

even the none Christians do this too, even I the bible they don't excuse the word personal it's collection of knowledge from a prophet.. how do u participate in the house of God when you're only self-centered, having the mindset of "lemme worship God on my own because he hears you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Comes First With Most Christians In Africa / Winner's Chapel Auditorium Has No Pillar Holding It? / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.