Stats: 3,151,462 members, 7,812,412 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? (551 Views)

Dynamics Of Soul Winning By Ken Macaulay - Free Chapters / Dead Auchi Poly Student Raised Back To Life After Soul Winning, Pics / Dear Nigerian pastors, please face your work of soul winning and not tithes. (2) (3) (4)

What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:19am On Sep 26, 2021
What Must I Do To Become A Soul-Winning Machine?

A former NL atheist once asked me how i was able to have such a burning passion for souls. She wished she had it herself.

That burning passion for souls to the point you'd feel as though you're the One who gave your only begotten Son or paid the price for man's salvation with your own life, that you'd do anything, say anything, trade anything, risk anything, lose anything, including your life to ensure that even one single soul of those you paid the price for was not lost.

If you desire to become a soul-winning machine, that's the first thing you need, but to get that you must first do this:

Matthew 16:24 (KJV)

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

So you must first of all deny yourself as Jesus says, because what Jesus commanded His disciples or anyone who desired to follow Him to do was what He had already done Himself. Jesus had denied Himself and taken up His cross and was following God, hence His life was not about Him but all about God.

John 4:34 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John 6:38 (KJV)

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

That's how He became the greatest soul-winner that ever lived and the One with the greatest passion for souls in history. Jesus had denied Himself of His own will, interests, dreams, aspirations, but taken upon Himself that of God.

Luke 22:42 (KJV)

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Therefore, for any man to become likewise, and be able to have the kind of passion Jesus had for souls, he must needs also deny himself, leave his personal interests, dreams, aspirations, and anything that concerns him, take up his cross, and begin to follow God even as Jesus had done.

Luke 14:33 (KJV)

So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

That's the reason the passion for souls in today's church and among today's church leaders is nothing compared to what it used to be in the early church which comprised of Jesus' disciples. They have not denied themselves, forsaken everything they had, and taken up their cross to follow God as Jesus had instructed of His disciples.

It takes someone who had denied Himself and equally invested his everything into God's work as Jesus had done to take God's work and interest as seriously as Jesus did, so for anyone who desires to have the same kind of passion Jesus had for souls, which is the same as that of the Father, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow God.

That's the first step towards becoming a soul-winning machine.

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2021
When God used me to convert a nairaland atheist to Christ, something previously unheard of in this forum, just a couple of months after I became active in the religion section, many NL Christians were envious thinking it was a fluke, with some discarding as fake.

But unknown to them that was only just a tip of the iceberg and nothing compared to what was coming, because it wasn't me, but He that was with me that made that which seemed impossible with men to become possible. Because I didn't come alone to NL, but i had with me and living inside of me, Someone who is able to make that which appears impossible or extremely difficult with men, to become possible or easy to achieve. So there was a whole lot left from where that came.

He is the Spirit of God, the breath of God which made man to become a living soul in the beginning, so anyone who wants to become a soul-winning machine must needs have Him with them, otherwise that would be impossible. Because He is the source of every human soul, which means He has a direct link to every single one of them. Hence He knows and understand every human soul more than any one else, and is able to connect directly with them, regardless of who they are, wherever they are or come from, as they all have Him in common.

Hence after the resurrection of Jesus, and after He had given His disciples the commission to go into the world and preach the gospel to all living souls, He yet told them to first wait until they had been endued with power from on high, before they proceed.

Luke 24:47-49 (KJV)

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
And ye are witnesses of these things.
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Acts 1:7-8 (KJV)

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Therefore despite being fully prepared for the task by Jesus, His disciples yet had to wait for the Holy Spirit to come upon them, before they began to carry out the task according to Jesus. But after they waited and the Holy Spirit came upon them, it became glaring why they had to wait.

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2021
Acts 2:4-12 (KJV)

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

Hence after the Holy Spirit came upon them, even before the disciples had gone out of the building into the world to preach the gospel and witness Christ, the Holy Spirit had gone out before them into the world to draw all men into the building where they were gathered and unto them, using His ability and the direct connection He had with all men, as He was able to speak in a language which all men could understand, which no man can do.

That was what attracted the world to the disciples and made them command their attention, that at the end of the day, even without going out into the world, three thousand souls were already added to church,
to show why they needed to wait for the Spirit of God to come upon them first as Jesus instructed them to do before they went out into the world to preach the gospel.

That's what the Holy Spirit alone is able to do, and why He is so essential to anyone who wants to become a soul winning machine. He has a direct connection with every human soul, so He knows every human soul more than any human does, and what it takes to reach any human on Earth, even those that are impossible for men to reach.

He's the one that made it possible for me to achieve the impossible here and win the soul of a well-known former atheist, who happens to be the same that craved my passion for souls.

He's the One that made it possible for some here to be so touched and feel completely broken by some of my posts and threads, that they would weep as the woman with the alabaster box and be crying out to God for mercy and to forgive them for failing Him and going contrary to His Will.

He's the One that makes it possible for some here who I've never met personally to still be able feel His presence wherever they were in the world, even when I was only having the first conversation with them online, and move them to the point of making a decision to repent and to begin to truly follow Christ.

He's the One that made me to be a soul-winning machine, and to be able to achieve such things which were impossible with men.

If only Christians knew what was possible when the Spirit of God was with them, and how important He was to them succeeding in the assignment God gave to them, they would not try to do things on their own, but waited and ensure they did everything and whatever it took to get Him on board with them, no matter how long it took and how much time they had to wait, because when He comes upon them, it would be more than worth all the time and effort.

The Holy Spirit is seeking for willing vessels to use to showcase the fullness of His ability, especially the kind of vessels that were empty of themselves but full of God, and His passion for souls, so that He can make them to become soul-winning machines and all that God desires for them to be for His own glory.

So those are the two things a man needs to become a soul-winning machine.

First it's that kind of burning passion that Christ had for souls which can only come after someone has denied himself, taken up his cross to follow God as Christ had done.

The next step it's to be filled with the Spirit of God which was inevitable after the person had taken the first step and become the kind of vessel where it was all about God just as the disciples were, so that all the person would have to do is to wait as the disciples did.

And when the Spirit of God finally comes upon the person, he's already a soul-winning machine because in that case, it's no longer him but God whose Spirit is in him, that would be drawing souls to Himself the way He's able to do.

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by helinues: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2021
grin cheesy

In Nigeria, new churches and mosques are being built daily yet the rate of crime is on the rise.

Abeg, who are you people been preaching to gan gan?
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2021
helinues:
grin cheesy

In Nigeria, new churches and mosques are being built daily yet the rate of crime is on the rise.

Abeg, who are you people been preaching to gan gan?
I agree with respect to the church, and it's because souls are hardly being won for the kingdom of God.

What you have are mostly church going sinners filling up the churches but not saved souls as it ought to be.

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by helinues: 8:38am On Sep 26, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I agree with respect to the church, and it's because souls are hardly being won for the kingdom of God.

What you have are mostly church going sinners filling up the churches but not saved souls as it ought to be.

God bless.

Church, mosque or whatever, as long as we do nothing about the decaying morality in our community/society, religion can really do much.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:48am On Sep 26, 2021
helinues:

Church, mosque or whatever, as long as we do nothing about the decaying morality in our community/society, religion can really do much.

You are right, that's why i speak about the importance of winning souls for the kingdom of God, because truly saved souls would address the issue of moral decline with respect to the church.

If the church of today had the kind of souls that was in the early church, the difference would have been very clear. Most of them were truly saved and lived upright lives.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:04am On Oct 03, 2021
With God nothing is impossible.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:35am On Oct 10, 2021
The devil is about to lose some souls today.
Re: What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The devil is about to lose some souls today.

Actress Etinosa Reacts As Pastor Enenche Heals A Man With Crutches (video) / To Those Who Refuse To Listen To The Holy Prophet Sent To Them. / Dunsin Oyekan Rocks Matching Christmas Outfits With Children

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56