Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � (2642 Views)

Join The Programmers Hub Share Ideas Learn New Skills / Excelling As A Nigerian Freelancer (the Programmers Experience) / Where Are The Programmers/developers In Lagos Found? I Want 4 To Work With... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by LegitLexLuthor(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2021
I've been learning JavaScript for a while but lack of projects building is not making it easier as I'm doing the learning on JavaScript.info which learning upon learning with no projects to test one's ability with which is not the case when I was learning HTML and CSS. With HTML and CSS, you can start building little projects as you're learning and that makes it fun to learn but that seems not to be the case with JavaScript.

Now my question is , is there a platform y'all could suggest that enable learners to build projects while learning cause I realized I'm already on object conversion and I can't seems to do anything with everything I've learnt so far and it's kinda discouraging.
Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2021
Go on Udemy and enrol for JavaScript course by Jonas Schmedtmann. His method of teaching is learning by building projects.

You will do many projects before the end of the course.

Enrol when the course is $10 and not when they put the price at $89 or $189. They always change their prices.

If you can't afford that, search for free Udemy courses download on Bing (not Google). Download his latest JavaScript course. It is about 30gb.

Happy hacking with JS.

Shalom!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by ensodev(m): 12:52am On Sep 27, 2021
ThankYouGod:
Go on Udemy and enrol for JavaScript course by Jonas Schmedtmann. His method of teaching is learning by building projects.

You will do many projects before the end of the course.

Enrol when the course is $10 and not when they put the price at $89 or $189. They always change their prices.

If you can't afford that, search for free Udemy courses download on Bing (not Google). Download his latest JavaScript course. It is about 30gb.

Happy hacking with JS.

Shalom!

The above is a great way to put what you have learnt in action.

I will also suggest you sit down and start thinking as a programmer.

Think of available simple problems that you can solve, start with simple task, then move to hard projects.

1) app that add, subtract two numbers with console
2) app that solve compound interest
3) app that solve quadratic equation formula
4) simple calculator1..with two input text and one button
5) simple calculator2..different approach/a little advance...multiple button/ styling
6) simple random games

Remember
1) Think first
2) Simple task.
3) Make research, use google, search 50 simple project with JavaScript.

If you can remember what your primary 1 to your ss3 mathematics task, then you have more then enough projects to automate from that with JavaScript....lol...believe me start simple and move up, don't rush.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by airsaylongcome: 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
OP,
My advice would be to look for an open source project on Github.com or the likes. Pick up a relatively simple issue, work on it and push your updates for approval. If you are good with Angular, I can recommend working with Fineract Frontend. I'm certain they would welcome any new contributions. Start from the very bottom and work up to gain competence and have a publicly available portfolio.
Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by seunny4lif(m): 3:26am On Sep 28, 2021
Check Odin Project or Salesforce
If you can finish any of the 2 then you don hammer

1 Like

Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by seunny4lif(m): 3:41am On Sep 28, 2021
LegitLexLuthor:
I've been learning JavaScript for a while but lack of projects building is not making it easier as I'm doing the learning on JavaScript.info which learning upon learning with no projects to test one's ability with which is not the case when I was learning HTML and CSS. With HTML and CSS, you can start building little projects as you're learning and that makes it fun to learn but that seems not to be the case with JavaScript.

Now my question is , is there a platform y'all could suggest that enable learners to build projects while learning cause I realized I'm already on object conversion and I can't seems to do anything with everything I've learnt so far and it's kinda discouraging.

They are the best free boot camp in the world but if you need the certificate then you will pay
Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by 38Noob: 7:02am On Sep 28, 2021
seunny4lif:

They are the best free boot camp in the world but if you need the certificate then you will pay
Odin project don't give certificate
Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by seunny4lif(m): 8:07am On Sep 28, 2021
38Noob:
Odin project don't give certificate
Odin project don’t need certificate because your GitHub portfolio says it all
Many people got job after doing Odin project
Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by 38Noob: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2021
seunny4lif:

Odin project don’t need certificate because your GitHub portfolio says it all
Many people got job after doing Odin project
Yh, and they actually teach you interview skills and how to get a job.
Re: To All The Programmers In The House, I've Got A Question, Please Don't Ignore � by seunny4lif(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2021
38Noob:
Yh, and they actually teach you interview skills and how to get a job.
I’m doing the foundation section now

(1) (Reply)

Which Php Framework Will You Recomend / Jumia Black Friday Web Scraping Program / My Paint Application Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.