Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Kaduna State University Received N10b For The Development Of Its Permanent Site - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kaduna State University Received N10b For The Development Of Its Permanent Site (819 Views)

Progress Report Of Construction Of ESUT Permanent Site, Igbo Eno (Pictures) / University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years / UNIJOS Finally Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years - See Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna State University Received N10b For The Development Of Its Permanent Site by BornorBang: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
Update from

Kaduna State University (KASU) has so far received over N10 billion in total from the state government for the development of its permanent site.

The university authority revealed that it received and appreciated the TETFund for the N3 Billion Zonal Intervention granted the institution.

Remember that most of the structures being currently enjoyed by the university were those inherited from Ahmadu Bello University Teaching (ABUTH) which was relocated to Shika, Zaria during the administration of former governor of the state, Mohammed Ahmed Makarfi.

Speaking on Saturday during the 4th convocation ceremony of the university, the Vice Chancellor, Muhammad Tanko, expressed gratitude to Governor Nasir El-rufai for the approval of the development funds.

A total of 9,665 students graduated; 5,984 graduates from three sets; 3, 678 postgraduate students as well as three PhD students, Siggy gathers.

He said, "I remember we pleaded for a permanent site; today, I like to thank His Excellency for not only allocating the site, but also dedicating more than 10 Billion Naira for the development of the site.

In collaboration with the Kaduna Investment and Promotions Agency (KADIPA), we have developed Private Public Partnership (PPP) that resulted to the construction of 1,200 Bed-Space at the Main Campus, 500 Bed-Space at Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital (BDTH) and a University Guest House at the last convocation.

We also appreciate our Senator Uba Sani for facilitating the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on the development of the Faculty of Engineering Complex. We also appreciate the TETFund for the N3 Billion Zonal Intervention received".

The Vice Chancellor congratulated Mallam Muhammadu Sanusi II, the 14th Emir of Kano for his successful installation as the Chancellor of the University.

Tanko also told Governor El-rufai that, "We have keyed into your vision of providing more than edged courses that will produce graduates that will be skilled and therefore self-employed. We achieved it by introducing courses like Biotechnology, Geophysics and Cyber Security.

We have also championed the development of benchmark for the National Universities Commission (NUC) in the area of Logistics and Supply Chain Management.

So far, we have secured various trainings for our staff that will enhance their capacity; amongst which are the University of California On-line Training and the MOOC versions of Bending the Curve, Louisiana State University on On-line Course Delivery, and many other trainings that will help to shape the capacities of the staff of the University.

I wish to acknowledge His Highness, the Chancellor of this University on the IBM training he facilitated for the staff of the University.

These trainings have yielded a lot of results because of our Research and Journal Funds with the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) which had not been accessed since the establishment of the university, but have now been utilised. Not only that, we have secured 2 NIRF Research fund, and many others".

Highlights of the occasion were the conferment of Honorary Doctorate degrees on some distinguished Nigerians of virtue, including the Minister of Finance, Hajia Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed and Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC, Mele Kolo Kyari.

https:///kaduna-state-university-received-n10b-for-the-development-of-its-permanent-site/

Re: Kaduna State University Received N10b For The Development Of Its Permanent Site by BornorBang: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2021
While the schools in the south rot...
Re: Kaduna State University Received N10b For The Development Of Its Permanent Site by habsydiamond(m): 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
I hope snake and monkey will not swallow that money b4 the commencement of the project
Re: Kaduna State University Received N10b For The Development Of Its Permanent Site by Sixsigmahub: 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
We just lost 10billion

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Apply For Emergency Appointment For My F-1 US Visa / See What My University Is Doing To Me! / Does Anyone Knows About The Ptdf Overseas Scholarship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.