Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

5 Tips To Beat Mental Health Issues - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Tips To Beat Mental Health Issues (786 Views)

5 Tips To Beat Mental Health / Ban On Codeine: Lagos Unveils Comprehensive Strategy To Address Mental Health / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips To Beat Mental Health Issues by Azeemokoya: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mental health issues are not gaining the attention it should, especially in this part of the world. Some assumptions have been attached to it, which creates a stigma for individuals struggling with it.

Various reasons can cause challenges in one’s mental health and at times, it could be as a result of stress and anxiety. In other instances, it could be because of past experiences which combine to bring the victim to a state of despair.

Olympics champion and Gymnast, Simone Biles, pulled out from the 2020 Tokyo Olympics a day to the Women’s Team Final because she was battling with severe mental issues and said she wanted to concentrate on mending. The decision of the 24-year-old gymnast got global attention but she got support from some persons including music star, Justin Bieber and former Olympic swimmer, Michael Phelps. Of course, that helped her a lot as she went back to help the United States win a silver medal.

In his response to Biles’ decision, Bieber posted on his Instagram page saying:

‘’Nobody will ever understand the pressures you face! I know we don’t know each other but I’m so proud of the decision to withdraw. It’s as simple as – what does it mean to gain the whole world but forfeit your soul.

“Sometimes, our no’s are more powerful than our yes’s. When what you normally love starts to steal your joy, it’s important we take a step back to evaluate why. People thought I was crazy for not finishing the Purpose Tour but it was the best thing I could have done for my mental health! So proud of you @simonebiles.’’

In 2017, Bieber equally got global attention when he cancelled the remaining dates of his Purpose Tour to focus on his own mental health challenges.

Meanwhile, Phelps reacted to Biles’ decision saying:

‘’I hope this is an eye-opening experience…. an opportunity for us to jump on board, and to even blow this mental health thing even more wide open.’’

Possible solutions to mental health struggles
There are various options one can take to overcome mental health struggles and we take a look at five possible solutions.

1. Recognize your problem
A lot of persons shy away from the issues they face. It is somewhat embarrassing for some to open up about their mental health challenges. However, the first step to solving the issue is by recognizing that there is a problem. From there, solutions can be sought.

2.Seek treatment
After recognizing that there is a problem with you mental health, you can then seek treatment. There are various health practitioners one can contact to seek for advice and help. On this note, it is advisable to seek treatment from professionals.

3. Join support groups

In your desire to resolve your mental health struggles, talk to people who are going through similar situations. When you come out in the open about your struggle, you would see people who would encourage you to beat it. Support groups are very helpful in this case. It helps you to speak up, be free, and get help. You can equally open up to a close friend.

4. Manage stress
Stressful situations can heighten your mental health issues. If your work drains you mentally, talk to your boss to give you some days off. If possible, ask for a reduction in work time. Do not dwell much on work after you leave the office. Simply relax your mind or try something more interesting.

5. Stay positive:
One of the important tips to beat mental health struggles is to wear a positive attitude. Surround yourself with happy people. Engage in healthy conversations which lightens your mood and makes you excited. Go out for fun activities. Be creative with yourself and do not engage in meaningless conversations. Be happy. It will go a long way to cure your mental health issues.

Have you ever had a struggle with mental health? What was your situation like? Kindly share with us.

read more: https://newsroundtheclock.com/5-tips-to-beat-mental-health-issues/

(1) (Reply)

What Drugs Can I Give My Sister To Stop Stomach Pain / Top 5 Health Insurance Companies In Nigeria / New Ukrainian Invitation Letter For Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.