Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. (25708 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. by emoch(m): 9:19am On May 28, 2011
i am ema, i came across your site on the internet and decided to write to enquire more about your fraternity.

i am planning on writing a fictional novel that involves a story based on the ogboni cult. i, like every other nigerian used to believe that the ogboni cult we used to know is a devlish secret society with a lot of influence in the country's political structure. when i came across the ROF site, i am now having second thoughts but there are some issues which i found that points some similarities between the dreaded ogboni we know and the ROF.

THIS novel i believe will go a long way on informing the general public about the differences btw the ogboni we know and the ROF.all i need is to clarify some certain doubts i have, incorporate it into my fiction.i have read over and over information from your website and i have made the following observations. pls note that these are mere observations that needs clarification, even though the novel is meant to be fictional, it would be unwise to publish informations that are misleading especially when the organisation is real.

HERE ARE MY OBSERVATIONS:

1. i noticed that ur logo has a triangle with three symbols(like exclaimation marks) inside and the edan staff with a fire at the backdrop. we all know that symbols go a long way to describe what an organisation stands for. the triangle is a symbol that represents the male(actually called a spear), and the edan staff is actually associated with our own version of the dreaded ogboni. now you claim this frat was founded by a clergy and its essnce is the ultimate veneration of God yet we found no Christian symbol on ur logo only pagan symbols, pls im confused as to why an organisation which claims to be a fraternity of christians have no christian logo

2. you claim your rituals are performed in accordance with ancient rituals,drama,allegory tailored to the standards of the way our forefathers worshipped. i want to believe by that you are trying to strike a balance between paganism and christianity.practicing paganism but giving a christian outlook.
i would believe you can be called a secret society because we are not fully aware of your rituals, i would really appreciate if you can give me an over-view of your rituals. does it involve the use of mystical symbols,chants,dance, etc,

i sincerely believe that no fraternity will give a public what it actually does. i have a feeling that all that is on ur site is just a cover for the real deal happening within your frat. the rituals explains it all.

like i said earlier, these are just abnormalies every curious individual will like to know about.i would really appreciate a full explaination of the following confusion i have for use in my novel, it may serve as a means to further enlighten readers about the true nature of the ROF.

Cos a lot of people believe the ROF is the real dreaded ogboni acting under another guise in order to divert attention.

lastly, as an organisation that is vast in the history of the cultural and pagan practices that were prevalent in this country during the pre-colonial era, i would like to ask, aside from thr ROF, do u believe the Ogboni the average Nigerian dread was or is an existing cult?

thanks

1 Like

Re: Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 29, 2011
Why not go to dere Lagos center as they said on their website. Surely, correct and reliable info may not be posted here, especialy if u wish to write a balanced book about them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. by TarryFour: 12:42am On May 05, 2013
Re: Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. by rhames(m): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Problem dey sleep yanga go wake am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. by JudeNzemeks(m): 7:11am On Jan 31, 2016
emoch:
i am ema, i came across your site on the internet and decided to write to enquire more about your fraternity.

i am planning on writing a fictional novel that involves a story based on the ogboni cult. i, like every other nigerian used to believe that the ogboni cult we used to know is a devlish secret society with a lot of influence in the country's political structure. when i came across the ROF site, i am now having second thoughts but there are some issues which i found that points some similarities between the dreaded ogboni we know and the ROF.

THIS novel i believe will go a long way on informing the general public about the differences btw the ogboni we know and the ROF.all i need is to clarify some certain doubts i have, incorporate it into my fiction.i have read over and over information from your website and i have made the following observations. pls note that these are mere observations that needs clarification, even though the novel is meant to be fictional, it would be unwise to publish informations that are misleading especially when the organisation is real.

HERE ARE MY OBSERVATIONS:

1. i noticed that ur logo has a triangle with three symbols(like exclaimation marks) inside and the edan staff with a fire at the backdrop. we all know that symbols go a long way to describe what an organisation stands for. the triangle is a symbol that represents the male(actually called a spear), and the edan staff is actually associated with our own version of the dreaded ogboni. now you claim this frat was founded by a clergy and its essnce is the ultimate veneration of God yet we found no Christian symbol on ur logo only pagan symbols, pls im confused as to why an organisation which claims to be a fraternity of christians have no christian logo

2. you claim your rituals are performed in accordance with ancient rituals,drama,allegory tailored to the standards of the way our forefathers worshipped. i want to believe by that you are trying to strike a balance between paganism and christianity.practicing paganism but giving a christian outlook.
i would believe you can be called a secret society because we are not fully aware of your rituals, i would really appreciate if you can give me an over-view of your rituals. does it involve the use of mystical symbols,chants,dance, etc,

i sincerely believe that no fraternity will give a public what it actually does. i have a feeling that all that is on ur site is just a cover for the real deal happening within your frat. the rituals explains it all.

like i said earlier, these are just abnormalies every curious individual will like to know about.i would really appreciate a full explaination of the following confusion i have for use in my novel, it may serve as a means to further enlighten readers about the true nature of the ROF.

Cos a lot of people believe the ROF is the real dreaded ogboni acting under another guise in order to divert attention.

lastly, as an organisation that is vast in the history of the cultural and pagan practices that were prevalent in this country during the pre-colonial era, i would like to ask, aside from thr ROF, do u believe the Ogboni the average Nigerian dread was or is an existing cult?

thanks

Nice research bro, I'll like to see ur novel.
Re: Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. by MightySparrow: 7:55am On Jan 31, 2016
What exactly is your interest. in ROF?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Power In The Name Of Jesus (2) — By Pastor W.F. Kumuyi (Season 2) / Share Pictures Of Your Christmas Food Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.