Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns (19934 Views)

Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks / Abuse The Naira, Go To Jail, CBN Warns / CBN Warns Nigerian Banks Concerning Transactions Regarding Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by ReneDaniels: 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
So y'all crippled Bittcoin and Forex just to come up with this enaira joke.. How can I invest in something that its value is way less compared to a $ .. If I hear say I I drop pass 2k for that wallet
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Cnach: 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
nairabacks:

It's on a block chain.
Your transactions are viewable on a public or not ledger. Also you can be automatically taxed, fined at the push of a button.
And if you misbehave FG can order your money deleted. wink
Guy u mean am? Delete person money?
We no go gree
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:
If it will make me stop carrying cash i’d be glad.
Before nkọ?

With all the online banking going on,do you need to carry cash?

1 Like

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by NaijaNaWaa: 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
chatinent:

One is a crypto-currency, and an e-wallet...signed by a country. It is running blockchain.

It is safer, going to be faster...and without those big surcharges.

The latter is a business from a private man...and merely a transfer protocol.

cc: NaijaNaWaa, unbitchable

No, CBN said it is not a crypto. They claim it is blockchain driven but that doesn't make much difference unless they are telling us that existing paper currency and e-payment system are not secured (enough).

As for e-wallet, I'm sure you know it has been in existence for long and that you can always load it from your existing account without the so-called e-Naira.
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by BigYash: 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Emeiefele is a stack idiot sha .....what us the difference between this his e naira and the Epayments we are already using ....
They will be collecting charges just as banks are stealing from us. Forget the bearing of liability they are saying now.. They will add charges later
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by FakeUnity: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
In which law and constitution is it written?

1 Like

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Zainabthegirl1(f): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
Na byforce
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Moneyboyz: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
If it's not on Blockchain technology and it's can't be traded against the dollar and stuff on crypto platforms I'm not interested.

1 Like

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Tonyblessed(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
I really pity those who would download this trash and evil app on their phones giving out their personal info. Bye bye to your freedom and privacy especially with the Boko Haram menace and banditry prevelent up North. Just know that the government would start tracking you and no one would escape who downloaded it whether you are rich or not.

1 Like

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
What’s the insurance on the e naira please ?
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by ihedioramma: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
postbox:

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/09/27/businesses-in-nigeria-must-accept-e-naira-payment-cbn-warns/
Is not must oga . Many people become poor because of ATM CARD and you now come with e-naira ?
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by johnrash(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
Naira will plummet further after d lunch of e naira, this I have seen...
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by chatinent: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
NaijaNaWaa:

No, CBN said it is not a crypto. They claim it is blockchain driven but that doesn't make much difference unless they are telling us that existing paper currency and e-payment system are not secured (enough).

As for e-wallet, I'm sure you know it has been in existence for long and that you can always load it from your existing account without the so-called e-Naira.

CBN is not totally being truthful.
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by unbitchable(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
chatinent:

One is a crypto-currency, and an e-wallet...signed by a country. It is running blockchain.

It is safer, going to be faster...and without those big surcharges. Ever thought about dollar to Naira black markets too?

I am a freelancer and I feel it is nice.

I am waiting to check its features, and interface before concluding tho.

There's no difference. Don't be deceived by the 'e'. e-payment/e-naira is the same.
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Theunbothered: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
nairabacks:

It's on a block chain.
Your transactions are viewable on a public or not ledger. Also you can be automatically taxed, fined at the push of a button.

Cryptocurrency is banned in Nigeria so no business should accept this
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Calitoscassius(m): 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
E naira? cheesy grin grin dead on arrival, with the slow and unexistence mobile device networks in nigeria? grin you will just stand there for hours waiting for network to just to use your e naira. grin if this e naira ever works in nigeria i will cut my dick off! They are even imposing it on businesses. My grand mother still deals on tomatoes and cola nut just for the heck of it, must she accept e naira too? What about the other petty traders?

Confused government. I wonder which private comany lobbied for this rubbish.
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by OBAGADAFFI: 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
grin
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Desultan(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
Jimoh the Keke driver and mama Nkechi that sells soup ingredients must be ready to accept e-naira or else they forfeit their money, I have CBN powerful backing.
I’m sure boys are also tidying their sequence on how to generate fake transaction notifications ☹️☹️

1 Like

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by macaranta(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Vulnerabilities nkor?... Have they tested it for brute force attacks, etc? Or is their own source code different and untouchable?
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by izubext007: 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
By force government
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by DeusXmachina: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
CBN is going to be competing with Commercial Banks.
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by ofiko123(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
May God save us in this country..
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by CSTRR: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
I don't understand.
Is this a communist country?

Are these people not aware that Nigerian foreign investments has dwindled?
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Ojemedad: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
The enaira logo looks like muslim logo, we reject it outrightly
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by CSTRR: 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
For the tech heads, block chain tech is going to be a major lucrative stack in the future.

Go and sharpen up your C++, Python and solidity skills.

1 Like

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by philip0906(m): 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
chatinent:

It is safer, going to be faster...and without those big surcharges. Ever thought about dollar to Naira black markets too?

I am a freelancer and I feel it is nice.

I am waiting to check its features, and interface before concluding tho.

cc: NaijaNaWaa, unbitchable
This is false. It isn't running on the blockchain infrastructure.
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by philip0906(m): 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
nairabacks:

It's on a block chain.
This is false.

1 Like

Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by hybridblood07(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sometimes being too educated affects the brain. Do you think Emifele is mentally alright?
AroleOduduwa2:
These guys are dumb sha, eNaira and ePayment, what is the difference. Well, they need something to dish out to zombies as achievement
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by AmazingELixir: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
undecided

And why does the Naira look like it's stock in the Matrix on that pix.

CBN is just exploring other means to spy, monitor financial flows and extort Nigerians with unnecessary charges.
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by DeusXmachina: 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
excellentj4teal:

Their is a wide gap between the two. enaira will help those freelancers earning in dollar to be able to change their money without the black market. It'll benefits lots of things in the country.
Will the CBN be hosting an exchange for the e-naira?
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Emeiefele is a stack idiot sha .....what us the difference between this his e naira and the Epayments we are already using ....

We are on the same table
Re: Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns by Samken2: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Will this cryto have a good wallet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government / Pls How Reliable Is MMM Nigeria / Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.