Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage (35304 Views)

Russian Regional Governor Says Ukraine Bombed A Fuel Depot In Belgorod / Rising Fuel And Food Costs Push US Inflation To 7.9% / Man Receives Beating Of His Life For Calling A Fuel Attendant 'monkey' In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Feggie3: 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
Righteousness2:
Leave all these Grammar.
The World Leaders are test running certain things. It's all geared towards a Nwo.
Nobody have your time today. Zombie.
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Zonex1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
BigDawsNet:
It is not lack of petrol but a lack of HGV drivers that is hitting supply chains across the country...

Most of them left in 2020

The UK Gov will be issuing thousands of temporary work permit for drivers across the world and EU

If you can drive Big truck...better start preparing your CV and your belongings....you maybe heading to England soon with your family
presently am a truck driver working for T.S.l dats transport service limited... really which to leave this country to the UK pls hw can I go about it n hw much will it cost

1 Like

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by beejay85: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:
Apart from the trucking profession, Norway offers the best job opportunities to all kinds of professions due to its stable economic system. Truck drivers work five days a week and no more than 7.5 hours a day, and a trucker's average annual salary is $58,000 (USD). However, if truckers are willing to work additional hours, they can earn up to $90,000 (USD) annually.

not in my mother land... na 3k per say with hard labour.....
grin grin grin
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by quadraheem(m): 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Opportunity for naija truck drivers and poultry farmers

No perfect Nation
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by BigDawsNet: 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Zonex1:
presently am a truck driver working for T.S.l dats transport service limited... really which to leave this country to the UK pls hw can I go about it n hw much will it cost

I'm not a travel agent, all info you need to secure a permit is online...

Dude try and remove your ID online..

For now just follow the latest news online ... possibly on BBC other British news..

When it's time, the Home office will release the necessary information and requirements needed to apply....

Common requirements should include
ID Driving licence
Your experience
Passport

I don't know the finance but you need to have something reasonable...

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by frog12: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
dis PEOPLE dey LIE !

corona virus affect job, and stabilise, so people should go back to same job, unless they wan says 100000 wey die in UK, are all truck/lorry drivers
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by frog12: 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
BORIS is a DISASTER. confused and disorganised !
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Kaiser20: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
Zonex1:
You become a foreign expatriate in UK with all the benefits attached.
It will cost you nothing, just visit the nearest UK embassy near you tell them you want to help them.
Or visit some UK companies online and submit your applications
WARNING!!!...Please next time don't upload your ID on Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by jUeLiZ: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
So so true i usually advice people coming to Europe here learn how to Barba, plumber, interior deco, trucker driver very important be ready to work avoid enjoyment in 2years time if your not building a structure in your villa in Nigeria ur useless undecided undecided
what of handiwork like air conditioning and refrigeration...is it not selling over there?
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Psoul(m): 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cousin9999:
It's wild that you have so many young guys there complaining about a lack of good jobs (trade and professional), but they ignore trucking. They would rather be dealers apparently than drive a truck. And if cheap foreign labor was dominant, then Brexit should have made them take those opportunities. That's what happens whenever the US clears a bunch of cheap labor illegals out of a company.

Not so easy for you to get most of those jobs especially as an African.
Their Truckers is not like what we have here. Where truck drivers are mainly left for illiterates and those that take it as a last resort wen difficult to secure decent job.
Another thing is, how long will it take you to get your driving permit or license.
You even need to understand the terrain and have a very good grasp of the traffic laws.
Getting drivers license is not as easy as what we have in Africa.
Many of the companies may not even want to give u the opportunity to driver trucks as an African. They may prefer white employee.

2 Likes

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Psoul(m): 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
Zonex1:

Na so ur desperation come reach that you have to post your Drivers License here as if na Nairaland dey employ the truck drivers come send to UK. Nawaooo.
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
I short GBP USD since morning and my trailing stop of 20 pips has not hit yet...... Dollar just dey rain in my mt4 as if it's ritual.
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by staga: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cousin9999:
It's wild that you have so many young guys there complaining about a lack of good jobs (trade and professional), but they ignore trucking. They would rather be dealers apparently than drive a truck. And if cheap foreign labor was dominant, then Brexit should have made them take those opportunities. That's what happens whenever the US clears a bunch of cheap labor illegals out of a company.

Anyone who wants to learn how trucking in the US works, please subscribe to this fellow's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7qhEuCYkV1Q5jFSxS21Oxw
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by lagdmark(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
Zonex1:
No company in Nigeria talk less of UK will give employment to a boy who unloaded his ID on nairaland.
You are not smart enough.

1 Like

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by staga: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
Zonex1:

Take down your drivers license quickly.

The UK government is about to start issuing temporary visas. They need 100,000 truck drivers. Go and apply sharply with a certification of your trucking skill. Such opportunities are once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Do not waste it.

1 Like

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Kemetals: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
Yep, female truck drivers are on high demand.
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Neddyogu(m): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
Righteousness2:
Leave all these Grammar.
The World Leaders are test running certain things. It's all geared towards a Nwo.

So as there was no intelligent way u could link a shortage of truck drivers and petrol to ur imaginary apocalypse, you had to blame it on New World Order?

1 Like

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by BigBashiru: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
barnawilla:
Can Nigeria use this opportunity to boast our Naira, when men say there is a casting down this is our time to be lifted up. Nigeria seem to depend on this notion that dollar must be ahead of naira. Lets wake up.

Well said....its inferiority complex and colonial brainwashing. naira can in fact have more value than the us dollar!
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Maski87: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Truck drivers full Nigeria nah,we get conductors too.
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Jamenzy: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
Wow! This is good
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by planetx: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
BigDawsNet:
It is not lack of petrol but a lack of HGV drivers that is hitting supply chains across the country...

Most of them left in 2020

The UK Gov will be issuing thousands of temporary work permit for drivers across the world and EU

If you can drive Big truck...better start preparing your CV and your belongings....you maybe heading to England soon with your family
Why should the third world always bail them out only to tighten up their immigration system when things straighten out.

2 Likes

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by planetx: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
Babylon system is falling and you are about to start seeing things happen in so called saner climes you normally associated with third world countries.
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
UNA WEY SUPPORT LOCKDOWN OF CORO ARE ALL IGNORAMUS. WHEN YOU DEY DO LOCKDOWN FOR CORO,YU WERE LOCKIN DOWN YOUR ECONOMIC PROGRESS.THAT IS WHT HAPPEND TO NAIJA,NOW HAPPENING TO UK. undecided

1 Like

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by Calitoscassius(m): 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
Authoreety:
Can I be employed as a truck driver in one of these countries?
Yes, you can, but you have to undergo very very rigorous and expensive trainings and if you fail, you start all over again until you pass. It cost me nearly £10000 to do all the trainings, tests and passed eventually after failling for atleast 6 times.

2 Likes

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by oscarlamba: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Neddyogu:

So as there was no intelligent way u could link a shortage of truck drivers and petrol to ur imaginary apocalypse, you had to blame it on New World Order?
for a second I was like someone cloned is moniker, because I couldn't believe what he wrote
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
UNA WEY SUPPORT LOCKDOWN OF CORO ARE ALL IGNORAMUS FR CHANNELSTV TO IHEKWAZOO TO BOOZU MUSTAVA. WHEN YOU DEY DO LOCKDOWN FOR CORO,YU WERE LOCKIN DOWN YOUR ECONOMIC PROGRESS.THAT IS WHT HAPPEND TO NAIJA,NOW HAPPENING TO UK. undecided
Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by aprilwise(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
Lemme learn how to drive truck before I japa.

1 Like

Re: How The U.K Ended Up In A Fuel And Food Shortage by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Perhaps they stop collecting free crude from the Bonny terminal!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alan Garcia Is Dies! Shot Himself Dead Before Arrest / Shocking Aftermath Of Mogadishu Bomb Blast That Killed Over 230(Graphic Photos) / ukraine Reclaims Irpin. Launches Counter Attacks In Kherson & Kyiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.