Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Why We Stop Attending Winners! - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Why We Stop Attending Winners! (615 Views)

The Chrysalis BREW Project Announces Latest Winners Of The BREW Readers’ Choice / Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Stop Attending Winners! by generalpelu(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
Today, when I see many people defend the bishop, I just shake my head because I know they don't know about his foundation. If they do, they will run far.

I'm intentionally not putting any name here but you know who I'm talking about.

We used to live very close to his church. His church was two streets away from my house.

We'll go very early in the morning and attend a service. Within few hours, we will be back at home.

My mum started encouraging her nephews and nieces to stand the church. Some of them are seeing this and can attest that they traveled to attend services every week in Winners.

I can remember at a time during midweek services, we (my siblings and I) would be made to sell handkerchiefs as we were always told to bring white handkerchiefs for those services. And at times, we sold Olive oils too.

Things were moving fine for us. Until suddenly, mum said we won't be attending Winners again. At first, we were too young to understand why. But later we did.

We were going to be moving from the neighborhood to a far place. And it won't be convenient for mum and the four of us then (before our last born was born) to be coming down to attend Winners again.

So that's how we stopped attending Winners. grin grin grin

Oh! What were you thinking of? That he buried 7 cows or what? Abeg carry your beef with the bishop go elsewhere jare.

When I write for you, twists like this is what you enjoy grin. My contact is in the signature. Chat me up, let's talk business.

(1) (Reply)

Be On Nantygreens.com / Anyone To That Turn My Play To Script And Children's Poem To Animated / Let's Write And Re-write Your Articles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.